Miles Teller in ‘The Offer’ | The Making of ‘The Godfather’

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
‘The Offer’: Armie Hammer To Play ‘The Godfather’ Producer Al Ruddy In Series – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount+ has set Armie Hammer to star as The Godfather producer Al Ruddy in the limited event series The Offer. A signature show for ViacomCBS’ upcoming global subscription video on demand service, The Offer is based on the Oscar-winning producer Ruddy’s never before revealed experiences of making the iconic 1972 film that Francis Coppola directed and adapted with Mario Puzo from the latter’s bestselling mob novel, with Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan, John Cazale, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton and Talia Shire among the iconic cast.

The 10-episode event series is written and executive produced by Oscar- and Emmy-nominated writer Michael Tolkin (Escape at Dannemora and The Player). Ruddy will also serve as executive producer alongside Nikki Toscano (Hunters) and Leslie Greif (Hatfields & McCoys). It is produced by Paramount TV Studios.

Christ, how many “making of The Godfather” things are they going to do?

I mean, I’ll definitely watch, but still...

Christ, how many “making of The Godfather” things are they going to do?

I mean, I’ll definitely watch, but still...

Apparently, this was announced before Francis and The Godfather.

Which one will come to fruition, I have no idea.

Nothing says "these "receipts" are fake" by dropping out of every project you have lined up

It's a shame. I think Arnie would have really gotten to the meat of the role.

Meh. I'm not interested in his personal appetites.

These rumours of cannibalism are really eating into Hammer's career.
tumblr_n7zi4qkx101rad0udo1_500.gifv

Maybe Armie Hammer should have been replaced by Christopher Freaking Plummer!

[URL="https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/juno-temple-making-of-godfather-series-the-offer-paramount-plus-1235004667/"]Juno Temple Joins Making of 'Godfather' Series at Paramount Plus - Variety
[/URL]
Justin Chambers To Play Marlon Brando In First Post ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Role On ‘The Offer’ Limited Series – Deadline

‘The Offer’ Adds Burn Gorman As Charles Bluhdorn; Patrick Gallo As Mario Puzo, Josh Zuckerman As Peter Bart & More In Making Of ‘The Godfather’ Series – Deadline

Burn Gorman (The Expanse) has been tapped to play the series regular role of Charles Bluhdorn opposite Miles Teller and Matthew Goode in Paramount+’s upcoming limited series The Offer, about the making of The Godfather. Also set for recurring roles are Patrick Gallo (The Irishman) as Mario Puzo, Josh Zuckerman (Austin Powers in Goldmember) as Peter Bart, along with Meredith Garretson (Resident Alien), Nora Arnezeder (Safe House), Paul McCrane (All Rise), Anthony Skordi (Catch-22), Jake Cannavale (The Mandalorian), James Madio (Jersey Boys), Michael Rispoli (The Deuce), Stephanie Koenig (Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice), Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk), Frank John Hughes (Catch Me If You Can) and Danny Nucci (The Fosters). Grey’s Anatomy alum Justin Chambers recurs as screen legend Marlon Brando.

Justin Chambers has a good look for Brando, I’ll be curious to see if he can act the part. I’ve only really seen him as one character.

Wonder if they cast actors for Pacino, Talia Shire, Diane Keaton, James Caan, and other cast members of The Godfather?

I just watched an entertaining NSFW interview with Dexter Fletcher about the impact of the film, a few stories behind the scenes from Al Ruddy, what it was like to talk to him, reading the scripts, etc. Video is called Dexter Fletcher talks Paramount Plus’ ‘The Offer’.

He also mentions that Pacino, James Caan, and Robert Redford are characters in the series. Assume other actors from the film will also appear.

Wonder who they will get for Pacino, Caan, and Redford?

Just read that actor is 21 years old.

Pacino was 30 years old when he first started filming The Godfather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"