Arrow Arrow 3x17 "Suicidal Tendencies

It's weird to me that people are actually questioning the tactic behind The Flash's presence in TV and film. Seriously, Barry is not the only flash they have to choose from, why does anyone in their right mind think that The Flash TV show would be brought down by a film version of the character when there are at least two other Flashes to choose from (three if there's any chance in bad place they'd use Jay)?

If they're gonna be weird enough about someone like Deadshot that they pull him from his most successful exposure in years, there's no way they're gonna let a movie interfere with the success of Barry's own show. They'll (logically) probably just use Wally or Bart instead. Consider; when producers of Arrow asked to use another DC hero as a potential pilot lead-in for season 2 of Arrow, they didn't ask to use "The Flash"... they asked for Barry Allen. And when they asked for Ted Kord (substantially less well-known by general audiences) they were like, "nah, we have seperate plans for that dude, but here's Ray Palmer instead"...

So now they want Will Smith to play Floyd in the movies, which kills (quite literally) the character's chance at staying in the Arrowverse. Clearly, they can't cancel a hugely successful show just for a shot-in-the-dark chance of the same character becoming a fan-favorite in the movie-verse. They're probably waiting to iron out the details between which character Snyder wants, and which character the show is more keen on introducing in season two.

theres no reason for this dumb policy.

I've defended WB to death on multiple occasions but this is just stupid.

Don't know if this was already mentioned as I haven't read through this thread. But the Republic of Kasnia is the state which Wonder Woman visited in the Justice League episode "Maid of Honor". Vandal Savage took control of it after marrying Princess Audrey of Kasnia. Then WW and Batman had to stop him.

Odd that they should pick this same place for this episode.

Although Kasnia is not from the comics, it has appeared in several different DC universes. It makes sense to add it to the Arrowverse too (and maybe now they can properly add it to the comics).

Although Kasnia is not from the comics, it has appeared in several different DC universes. It makes sense to add it to the Arrowverse too (and maybe now they can properly add it to the comics).

I see. Thanks. It would be great if it were added to the comics and even appeared in one of the movies. I'd love to see something like Maid of Honor.

If they even had King Gustav, he could be played by Alfred Molina like he was voiced in the cartoon.

For the first time ever I preferred this week's Arrow to this week's Flash.

Out of interest, why don't you like her? I think she is serving her part well in making Oliver a ruthless, merciless and unrelenting killer. She is a character that is believable as both a goodguy/ant-hero and a full blown villain. She is a bit similar to Ra's in a way as she is seeking justice and will achieve it by any means necessary, by hook or by crook. She also makes you question her motives and what really drives her to do what she does. Does she really want justice? Or does she just enjoy the thrill of power and what it entails?

She's too unrelentingly sociopathic and violent. The proper Waller, while not exactly a GOOD person per se and is willing to do terrible things if she deems them necessary, still has more nuance and complexity. This show's Waller, and Assault on Arkham's (a movie that I really liked overall btw) are just to one-dimensionally ***** all the time.

She's too unrelentingly sociopathic and violent. The proper Waller, while not exactly a GOOD person per se and is willing to do terrible things if she deems them necessary, still has more nuance and complexity. This show's Waller, and Assault on Arkham's (a movie that I really liked overall btw) are just to one-dimensionally ***** all the time.

I think that was suitable for her role in making Oliver a killer. They were probably going to use her as a villain also, somewhere down the line. perhaps there were reasons she was that way that would have been explored. We probably wont find out now, sadly.

Don't know if this was already mentioned as I haven't read through this thread. But the Republic of Kasnia is the state which Wonder Woman visited in the Justice League episode "Maid of Honor". Vandal Savage took control of it after marrying Princess Audrey of Kasnia. Then WW and Batman had to stop him.

Odd that they should pick this same place for this episode.

It's just a go-to fake Southeastern European country. Like how Bialya or Qurac are used for fake Middle Eastern location.

I think that was suitable for her role in making Oliver a killer. They were probably going to use her as a villain also, somewhere down the line. perhaps there were reasons she was that way that would have been explored. We probably wont find out now, sadly.

Present day Waller seems to be a little more mellowed out than flashback Waller, if that means anything.

I was looking forward to seeing more Amanda and possibly her backstory. If they can't do this because of the movie I'm really disappointed. This decision doesn't make sense at all.

Present day Waller seems to be a little more mellowed out than flashback Waller, if that means anything.

I was looking forward to seeing more Amanda and possibly her backstory. If they can't do this because of the movie I'm really disappointed. This decision doesn't make sense at all.

Yup, I will be very disappointed about it too.

Wow, so does this mean no more Slade Wilson? I dont get it man, Geoff Johns was all like "we keep the movies and tv separate because we dont want to limit the creativity on tv" yet there are still all these embargos? How does that make sense??
I don't get it either. I hope WB gives an explanation at some point.

I really hope Slade/Manu is kept on the show. They still have a lot of stories to tell (a redemption story being one in particular that I would like to see).

He has a new show so he is done for the foreseeable future.

Just a crazy theory that I have, but do you guys think it's possible that Amanda Waller (Arrow Version) may have had ties to HIVE as well?

I just feel like it may have been more than a coincidence that they introduced the female HIVE representative in the same manner that they did with Waller, where they show a shot of a woman wearing colored high heels in the same business dress attire.

Plus, if they do kill off Amanda in the present (as a result of the Suicide Squad film) and need to introduce HIVE for the present, a good way would be to have her be presented/revealed that she used to be a former member of HIVE before she had switched sides and that she ends up being killed off from one of their operatives in the present at the end of the season.

Does Michael Rowe/Deadshot have a thread? Though the timing is awful, he should still have one.

It's weird to me that people are actually questioning the tactic behind The Flash's presence in TV and film. Seriously, Barry is not the only flash they have to choose from, why does anyone in their right mind think that The Flash TV show would be brought down by a film version of the character when there are at least two other Flashes to choose from (three if there's any chance in bad place they'd use Jay)?

If they're gonna be weird enough about someone like Deadshot that they pull him from his most successful exposure in years, there's no way they're gonna let a movie interfere with the success of Barry's own show. They'll (logically) probably just use Wally or Bart instead. Consider; when producers of Arrow asked to use another DC hero as a potential pilot lead-in for season 2 of Arrow, they didn't ask to use "The Flash"... they asked for Barry Allen. And when they asked for Ted Kord (substantially less well-known by general audiences) they were like, "nah, we have seperate plans for that dude, but here's Ray Palmer instead"...

Ezra is indeed playing Barry Allen.

What the bad place was up with Ray Palmers eye? Did the actor have pink eye while filming...?

Shannara is 10 episodes so I don't imagine it'll take that much of his time.

That is great. Hopefully DC do not block Arrow from using him. It would be a great shame. There is an antihero story left to tell and there is also a redemption story to tell. Perhaps they will just put the two together and have one big story for him.

Finally caught up with season 2 and 3 of Arrow with this being the latest episode I watched, this was the best episode of the season so far for me, learning more about Deadshot was great, and though it's ******** they can't use him any more they at least let him go out in both a good way and way he an be brought back if they can do so in the future once the movie is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"