Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how the show has given it's two biggest villains, Malcom and Slade, two "distinct" music themes attached to their characters respectively that reflect their personalities and characterizations.

With Malcom, his music sounds like that associated with the classic "villain", with a sense of elegance in a way, while Slade's one is more of a barbaric strings of noise to emphasize his rough and stoic personality.

Yeah, I like the Themes. Especially Slade's. I hope though we'll get a new epic Battle theme, once they fight him and he's in full Deathstroke gear.

[YT]B_0Ev2RNDFo[/YT]

A quick question -Is detective Lance aware of Arrow's secret identity now ?

(I have missed some episodes ..)

He isn't. But we assume that he must be, otherwise it's getting ridiculous.

Most assume it's the same deal as Commissioner Gordon, he knows the truth but keeps up the charade.

Detective Lance is too smart to think that Ollie isn't Arrow... if Sara is Canary, it's pretty obvious that Ollie would be Arrow

There have been no hints or evidence showing Det. Lance knows Oliver is Arrow. That's entirely speculation IMO. Sure that it doesn't make sense for him to not suspect, but I don't think the writers realized that. If they do, they're executing it very poorly. So I think it's either a plot hole or poor execution on their part (most likely a plot hole).

There have been no hints or evidence showing Det. Lance knows Oliver is Arrow. That's entirely speculation IMO. Sure that it doesn't make sense for him to not suspect, but I don't think the writers realized that. If they do, they're executing it very poorly. So I think it's either a plot hole or poor execution on their part (most likely a plot hole).

I think it's plot-induced stupidity borne out of necessity. Lance is at the end of the day, a cop. And a fairly by-the-books one; even though he's willing to work with vigilantes. However, should he find out said vigilante's identity, he'd likely feel duty-bound to report it to his superiors or at the very least feel conflicted about it; neither of which are directions in his character's evolution or in the plot at large that the creators want to explore at this point in time.

I think it's plot-induced stupidity borne out of necessity. Lance is at the end of the day, a cop. And a fairly by-the-books one; even though he's willing to work with vigilantes. However, should he find out said vigilante's identity, he'd likely feel duty-bound to report it to his superiors or at the very least feel conflicted about it; neither of which are directions in his character's evolution or in the plot at large that the creators want to explore at this point in time.

Unless said vigilante whose identity he uncovers is his daughter's. Then his duty as a father overrules his duty as a cop. With Oliver.... well, if he hasn't figured it out now, the first time Sara and the Arrow show signs of affection in front of him is gonna be when he has to figure it out...

Except, you know, he knows his daughter is a vigilante, and he hasn't reported her. In fact he's aided her. Multiple times. Which is actually a crime. The same every time he helps Arrow.

So I would disagree. I don't think he would turn Ollie in if he knew, because he seems to agree that The Arrow has the right idea. Even if you don't buy that, he obviously isn't prepared to incriminate his daughter, and he probably wouldn't out Arrow simply because Arrow could out his daughter if he were caught as well.

Hopefully the writers will address that sooner than later.

Hopefully the writers will address that sooner than later.

So do I. And let's be honest, I know it's true to the character, but Lance had just seen Ollie and Sarah at a party, now he sees them, and he's expected to not recognize Olliver with a domino mask on? Even though it wasn't a good movie, Green Lantern did a great job with this concept.
"Hal?"
"What...er, no."
"I've seen you naked, you think I'm not going to recognize you just because I can't see your cheek bones and you do a funny voice?"

The interaction with Ollie and Lance a few eps ago (can't remember if it was the just previous or 2 eps ago) had me thinking they were going to drop some kind of hint there. They didn't really though, which was too bad. Spectacular Spider-man did a great job with the Captain Stacey and Peter relationship of giving you a good idea Stacey knew what was going on but purposefully choose to ignore it. I hope they eventually do that with Lance.

Unless said vigilante whose identity he uncovers is his daughter's. Then his duty as a father overrules his duty as a cop. With Oliver.... well, if he hasn't figured it out now, the first time Sara and the Arrow show signs of affection in front of him is gonna be when he has to figure it out...

There is a slight difference. The police aren't hunting down vigilantes as a whole. Rather, they are after the Arrow, who is a wanted murderer; something Sara/Canary, at least as far as the Starling City Police Department (and possibly Lance as well, I can't remember), isn't.

But even if she was, you're right in that Lance probably wouldn't turn Sara in because she is his daughter. Oliver, on the other hand, does not have such a special bond with him.

As for Lance's helping the Arrow in the past, you'll notice that it's only towards solving a crime/helping others; and never towards evading capture. And as I had stated in my original post - I'm not claiming that Lance would definitely hand Oliver over in a heart beat but rather, the question of doing so would be an point of conflict for him. Which is something the creators don't want to have to address just yet, which is why Lance can't be aware that Oliver is the Arrow at this point in time.

What would happen if Officer Lance started accusing Oliver of being Arrow? After being 'proven' wrong in Season one and his fall from grace, is anyone going to believe him?

I think he'd respect Oliver more and keep his secret at this point.

There is a slight difference. The police aren't hunting down vigilantes as a whole. Rather, they are after the Arrow, who is a wanted murderer; something Sara/Canary, at least as far as the Starling City Police Department (and possibly Lance as well, I can't remember), isn't.

But even if she was, you're right in that Lance probably wouldn't turn Sara in because she is his daughter. Oliver, on the other hand, does not have such a special bond with him.

As for Lance's helping the Arrow in the past, you'll notice that it's only towards solving a crime/helping others; and never towards evading capture. And as I had stated in my original post - I'm not claiming that Lance would definitely hand Oliver over in a heart beat but rather, the question of doing so would be an point of conflict for him. Which is something the creators don't want to have to address just yet, which is why Lance can't be aware that Oliver is the Arrow at this point in time.

Actually, when they were chasing the Doll Maker, Lance told the Arrow to run when the police started coming in. So he has helped him evade capture, if only by stating the obvious (Go, get out of here!).

I like how the show has given it's two biggest villains, Malcom and Slade, two "distinct" music themes attached to their characters respectively that reflect their personalities and characterizations.

With Malcom, his music sounds like that associated with the classic "villain", with a sense of elegance in a way, while Slade's one is more of a barbaric strings of noise to emphasize his rough and stoic personality.

Merlyn's theme is my favourite music on the show. I think it's awesome, and it's pretty long with a few different bits. So whenever they spoke about Rebecca it was pretty sad, whenever he had the dark archer stuff on it was majestic etc. Really well written.

Slade's theme was used for Wintergreen too. It's just pretty scary.

Hey guys; I know I could Google this question, but I don't want to spoil anything. I've started watching Arrow from season 1, and I am on episode 2 now. I was wondering what I could expect.

I like Arrow cause he's 'grounded'. He's an action hero, not necessarily a superhero. His martial arts fighting and all the gunplay is what appeals to me.

I was wondering what other DC characters I can expect, and what types of powers they'll have (I'm a Marvel guy, so I don't know much about DC characters).

Again, I just didn't want to Google this and spoil who gets killed and who doesn't.

No characters in season one possess superpowers. You can expect both major and minor DC characters (heroes and villains). They've only introduced one A-list character so far; the rest have been B-list or lower.

No characters in season one possess superpowers.

Oh... that's good... I mean, people like Thor, Superman, and Green Lantern are cool and all, but I just like action heroes like Captain America, Black Widow, and Arrow.

You can expect both major and minor DC characters (heroes and villains). They've only introduced one A-list character so far; the rest have been B-list or lower.

Can you list some names? Just so I can look into them a little bit..

I see that thread labeled 'Harley Quinn'; I recall seeing her in that Batman game and she looked like a character I'd like, but I read she may or may not appear in Arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"