Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 2 blows Season 1 out of the water. No contest. You'll love it :up:.
Yeah for sure. Towards the end, Season 1 got really good. And it was never really bad, but Season 2 is definitely the reason I like the show. My non comic book fans tried to get into the show with me when it first came out, but tuned out after a few episodes. I told them to just read over what happened in Season 1, and then to start with Season 2. I'd recommend doing that to anyone trying to get into the show.

On the CW website, there's a video called Arrow Year One that basically goes over everything major that happened in Season One. I say people should start with that, then start Season 2 if they're trying to get into the show.

On a completely unrelated note (it just came to my head right now, so sorry :oldrazz: ), does anyone remember when the Mirakuru was first introduced and Ollie starts telling Diggle about "super-soldiers" and Dig replies "Super-soldiers?? What's next? Aliens??" :woot:

I just thought it was a nice touch and really liked that exchange :woot:

Polux

Wait...there's a break this week? Of. Course. The one Wednesday I have free

On a completely unrelated note (it just came to my head right now, so sorry :oldrazz: ), does anyone remember when the Mirakuru was first introduced and Ollie starts telling Diggle about "super-soldiers" and Dig replies "Super-soldiers?? What's next? Aliens??" :woot:

I just thought it was a nice touch and really liked that exchange :woot:

Polux

It was in Episode 8: The Scientist.

So, I was thinking about that three-minute trailer, and the more I watch it, the more I think that that scene where Oliver goes to what is presumably Blood's campaign office (or is it Slade's?) and sees a man with an arrow through him is not Slade trying to frame him for something. I think it's more likely Merlyn's way of 'announcing his return' to Oliver.

The last ep would've been a good one to watch on that new tv. That might've been the most epic episode yet

Ya I know, I totally missed out! Does the CW stream stuff on demand like most networks? I haven't really dug too deep in all the on demand content that is available to me yet

Ya I know, I totally missed out! Does the CW stream stuff on demand like most networks? I haven't really dug too deep in all the on demand content that is available to me yet

At one point I used the CW app on my iPad to catch up on some of the episodes I missed. You can only go back so far though. I did bite the bullet and buy a few episodes from iTunes. I was too hooked...

At one point I used the CW app on my iPad to catch up on some of the episodes I missed. You can only go back so far though. I did bite the bullet and buy a few episodes from iTunes. I was too hooked...

Just find some free streaming sites man. I use couchtuner.eu.

So, I was thinking about that three-minute trailer, and the more I watch it, the more I think that that scene where Oliver goes to what is presumably Blood's campaign office (or is it Slade's?) and sees a man with an arrow through him is not Slade trying to frame him for something. I think it's more likely Merlyn's way of 'announcing his return' to Oliver.

That would be a cool twist.

Oliver and his compatriots prepare for a raid on Slade's HQ, then find someone dead in his chair with a black arrow through their eye.

It'd be even cooler if it than turned out Merlin had swayed Blood to his side, setting us up for a three way battle between Team Arrow, Team Merlin/Blood, and Team Deathstroke. I figure that shadowy figure probably is Deathstroke's personal henchman.

Good thing this week was a break as I get to buy the latest issue of the Superman/ Wonder Woman team-up comics series.

Is it wrong that I'd like to Digs get his own spinoff the suicide squad.

I don't understand why so many people say Season 2 is so much better than Season 1. IMO Season contained a lot less of your classic CW-soap opera stuff, it was also more consistent, and the costumes were better. The only thing I like more about Season 2 is Barry.

Arrow - Episode 2.18 - Deathstroke - Press Release

“Deathstroke” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

OLIVER’S WORLD STARTS TO CRUMBLE — Slade (Manu Bennett) makes his move against Oliver (Stephen Amell) and the repercussions are enormous. While Oliver scrambles to protect his family, a key player in his team starts to question Oliver’s decisions. Meanwhile, Isabel (guest star Summer Glau) makes her move to take Queen Consolidated away from Oliver. Guy Bee directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Drew Z. Greenberg (#218).

Roy, I'm guessing is the key player who starts to question Oliver's decisions?

Sounds like a major finale episode. But it's not. So whatever they're keeping in their back pockets for the last four or so episodes must be pretty darn legit.

Well, there's supposedly that "big announcement" in episode 19.

I don't understand why so many people say Season 2 is so much better than Season 1. IMO Season contained a lot less of your classic CW-soap opera stuff, it was also more consistent, and the costumes were better. The only thing I like more about Season 2 is Barry.
There weren't many costumes in season 1. Oliver, Merlyn, and Billy Wintergreen, that's about it. The soap-opera stuff was certainly there in season 1. Season 2 is way more expansive, interesting, and the world-building has been great. Plus, we get proper Deathstroke (costume and all). No, Season 2 is definitely better.

comics are soap operas too..
tumblr_le7cpjEQog1qc7r93o1_500.png

A couple years ago Roy's daughter was killed in the fallout of some villains scheme. Roy, went nuts, relapsed on heroine and beat up a house full of junkies with dead cat. The mother of Roy's child was a villain by the name of Cheshire.

Comic books, and their descendant TV shows and movies, have extremely soap opera conflicts, but professional wrestling style resolutions; the issue will be resolved or continued via some kind of violence, and if it serves the character or myth arc better to then shove all the emotions and treachery under the rug for a year or two, they will. Instead of twenty-five episodes of two character glaring at each other and plotting against each other, we get usually only a few episodes, than someone punches somebody. And occasionally the enemy mine situation actually plays straight without a hiccup.

Though I will say that the Laurel and Tommy subplot last year wasn't very soapy compared to what I expected until the last three episodes, at which point it felt really out of place. Now without Tommy to act as a subversion of the plots we expected last year, Laurel has become a much more traditional soap star; slow pacing of a subplot with personal issues and only one successful violent action done in a dramatic way.

Sorry to call you out on it but I never understood that particular complaint with respect to Arrow. I feel the characters and actors are all fairly age appropriate.

I wasn't talking about age, just that the cast has many actors who look like... pretty white people, idk
For instance, I friggin' love Supernatural, but it bothers me on that show too, at times. Like, "How are all these people so damn attractive??"

I've heard the complaint a lot about SHIELD, but I think it's even more prevalent on this show

but anyways, sorry, it doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the show too much at all

I never get the complaints about characters looking too good. How many super heroes look plain in the comics? Then we're dealing with a lot of rich people on the show, who probably had some work done. And they can afford the best stylists.

It's not even the heroes
Heroes are pretty in these things, we all expect that
it's more noticeable when it seems like, "every person in this whole city is gorgeous"
Ya know, I mean, Roy was livin' on the street and the dude's model status

again, not a huge thing, just something that jumps out at me every once in a while

It's not even the heroes
Heroes are pretty in these things, we all expect that
it's more noticeable when it seems like, "every person in this whole city is gorgeous"
Ya know, I mean, Roy was livin' on the street and the dude's model status

again, not a huge thing, just something that jumps out at me every once in a while
Its and an American tv show so the majority of the people will be attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"