Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]474993[/split]

2. Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]473343[/split]

3. DarKush Registered

Good question. I just checked out Green Arrow's list of villains on wikipedia and the TV show has gone through most of his major villains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Green_Arrow_enemies

Someone already mentioned using Dr. Light. And he was name dropped already. I wouldn't mind seeing Cupid or Brick, but I don't know if the are season-long threats. Komodo would be cool but he's too similar to Merlyn.

Going with Ra's Al Ghul is not a bad thing. I wouldn't mind if they did the Beware the Batman thing and brought in Lady Shiva and Silver Monkey. Personally I wouldn't mind if they brought in the BTB versions of Anarky and Magpie as well. Maybe Simon Stagg as a ruthless business rival. And Kobra as a terrorist organization with its sights on Starling City.

I forgot about H.I.V.E, which was already name dropped by Deadshot earlier this season.

#3 DarKush, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  4. Orb Lord of Demons

Finale description for the new thread:

ARROW
    “Unthinkable” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

OLIVER MUST DECIDE ONCE AND FOR ALL IF HE’S A KILLER OR A HERO — Slade (Manu Bennett) moves forward with his plan to kill one more person in Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) life. While Oliver has fought all year to be more than the killer he once was, when Slade kidnaps someone close to Oliver’s heart, Oliver is pushed to the edge and realizes sometimes it takes doing the unthinkable to stop the monster. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) takes on Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) with a little help from some friends, and Thea (Willa Holland) turns to Roy (Colton Haynes) in her time of need. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Andrew Kreisberg (#223).

#4 Orb, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by moderator Hunter Rider: Apr 24, 2014
  5. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

You might wanna spoiler tag it just incase people don't wanna know it yet...

6. sebandres23 Registered

So Cyborg has been cast in the new Batman vs Superman movie. Ray Fisher. He's no movie star, just a theater actor. My theory as to why hiring a complete unknown is to introduce him on TV, and connect universes finally! Think about it, Arrow and Flash will be filled with S.T.A.R Lab references, it would be awesome to see Vic Stone around the area with his dad at the labs.

7. Kar Registered

I wish Blood or Vertigo weren't already used. They could've been good for a season 3.

8. eplo agent of nothing

I want to see their take on the Angler :hehe:

9. Loki882 Registered

Doctor Light is much more likely to show up in the Flash show. He's already been established as having had a connection to Star Labs. I believe that Manu Bennett hinted awhile back that
    Malcolm Merlyn
    would be the big bad for season 3.

10. The Batman The Dark Knight

In a perfect world, the big bad of Season 3 would be a new version of Vertigo, one who could be Ollie's archenemy.

11. Loki882 Registered

I still want Ra's al Ghul to physically appear and be the main villain for one of these seasons.

12. Silver Surfer Power Cosmic

I don't think Ra's will play a big role next season, he will be to hard to top in later seasons, unless they somehow get Lex.

13. JC00 Registered

Meh if true.

I want a new big bad not one that was the big bad two seasons ago. It's not that I don't like Merlyn it's just that it's like kind of been there done that.

If they are set on Merlyn then give me a B villain for the season, someone like Brick or Cupid. Where maybe they don't fit as an overall big bad but they are a competent villain that deserves an arc that spreads across the season.

#13 JC00, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  14. eplo agent of nothing

I want the Angler :cmad:

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I have a feeling Slade will end up killing Sara. That must be whom he intends to kill anyway.

16. The_Mighty_Thor Stay thy hand troll!

Or Laurel. that could be why she's hitting somebody in the head in that pic because he tried to save her with his bad leg and she ends up having to help him.

17. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

He wants to kill Sara though, because she got to live instead of Shado. Not only revenge against Ollie bug against Sara as well.

18. The Apocalypse Registered

Anyone susupest he might try to kill this kid of Oliver has? It might be too far fetched but maybe they introduced that idea of the kid for a reason.

19. herolee10 No More Miracles

Well they could always bring in a new "Vertigo", one that is much more akin to his comic counterpart than the one that we got.

I mean how many times did we get a character on this show that served as a "precursor" to the actual comic book character?

They could just do the "Mandarin" thing where the real Vertigo is out there and even jokes about how he heard about the "count" in Starling city and though it came off as a bad joke.lol

By the way, given on how Oliver might not have his fortune to rely on for next season, which he really relies on in order to carry out his missions, do you guys think there's a chance that Oliver might end up working under Amanda Waller for next season, who thus employs him with the gear that he needs and such?

20. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

I know its cliché but I think it would be good if they did a Count Vertigo more like the nu52 version as Ollies arch-enemy one season and say he is the brother/father/cousin of the one that was killed.

It was a same to waste one of Green Arrows top enemies with the Seth's Joker/Scarecrow mash up version we got.

This Count Vertigo could actually have powers seeming as they are less against superpowers lately.

21. Loki882 Registered

They're not going to do that. If Vertigo returns, it'll be the one that we've seen before. This is the big thing with GA, he doesn't really have a proper rogues gallery of his own. There's Merlyn and kind of Count Vertigo, and that's kind of it as far as semi-stable enemies go. It's why the show has to keep borrowing other DC villains for Oliver to fight. Flash, on the other hand, has his own recurring rogues gallery so I kind of doubt that they're will be nearly as much "borrowing" of other DC characters in that show.

22. Grommers King Grommers

Personally I hope they take this opportunity to expand on his villain gallery...

Would love to see some of the lesser foes really be given character, and would love for the royal flush gang to really be brought into full effect, to a much greater scale than they did.

23. Infinity9999x Registered

Agreed. One of the things that made B:TAS such a good cartoon show was that not only did it handle all of Batman's villains wonderfully, they took villains that had previously been joke C to D-listers and made they interesting. Look at Mr. Freeze, before TAS, he was ridiculous, and they turned him into one of the most popular Bat-villains.

I wouldn't mind seeing Arrow trying things like this. I do think they're going to have Ra's show up at some point, however, I really only want to see Ra's if they somehow involve Batman or at least Nightwing. Ra's is one of the main Batman villains, and having him show up in Arrow without it connecting to Bruce in some way would feel very odd.

24. fire117 Registered

That's possible. I think Slade will probably try to kill either the kid, Laurel or Felicity.

25. raisethe3 Legion of Boom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.