Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if they will make a Year two speciel . Like they did Year one prior to season 2 ..?

guess who made it number 6
FHJiUXd.jpg

Pretty sure Bruce Wayne should be ranking as the richest mofo in comic-dom (second, maybe, only to Scrooge McDuck). Didn't the guy once hide the cost of building a !!SPACE STATION!! in his R&D budget?!! :wow:

Pretty sure Bruce Wayne should be ranking as the richest mofo in comic-dom (second, maybe, only to Scrooge McDuck). Didn't the guy once hide the cost of building a !!SPACE STATION!! in his R&D budget?!! :wow:

I think Lex luthor should be higher but his ego is too big..

Stephen posted a vid on his FB showing that he is back in training for season 3. Looked pretty hardcore

I don’t know if you live in the US or not, but I’m going to explain this for people who don’t - The CW is not a real network like ABC or CBS or HBO or FOX that has programming 24/7. Instead, it buys airtime from local affiliates in each state and runs exactly 10 hours of programming each week (2 hours a night Monday-Friday).
The Tribune Broadcasting Company owns the majority of the networks that The CW buys airspace on - including the airspace in all the major cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, Dallas, etc. The president of the Tribune company is not happy with The CW’s performance and low ratings and their affiliate deal expires in 2016 so there’s a solid chance that it won’t be renewed.
If that renewal doesn’t happen, it’s anyone’s guess what will become of the network. The popular theory is that they will try to do an online subscriber thing, but it’s also very possible that Warner Bros. and CBS will just write the entire thing off as a loss and be done with it.

I don’t know if you live in the US or not, but I’m going to explain this for people who don’t - The CW is not a real network like ABC or CBS or HBO or FOX that has programming 24/7. Instead, it buys airtime from local affiliates in each state and runs exactly 10 hours of programming each week (2 hours a night Monday-Friday).
The Tribune Broadcasting Company owns the majority of the networks that The CW buys airspace on - including the airspace in all the major cities like NYC, LA, Chicago, Dallas, etc. The president of the Tribune company is not happy with The CW’s performance and low ratings and their affiliate deal expires in 2016 so there’s a solid chance that it won’t be renewed.
If that renewal doesn’t happen, it’s anyone’s guess what will become of the network. The popular theory is that they will try to do an online subscriber thing, but it’s also very possible that Warner Bros. and CBS will just write the entire thing off as a loss and be done with it.

It's possible. On the flip side, on this news article that was written around the time the news broke, Tribune CEO (Peter Liguori) quite rightly indicated the conflicting interests of CW's owners in how the network is developed (i.e. targeting younger audiences to the detriment of more mature viewers so that the latter continue watching CBS shows instead) and expressed interest in "get[ting] a seat at the table".

Granted, the common concern is that more executive meddling and oversight will compromise a show's quality. However, this isn't strictly true as often times executives, armed with their market studies and trends, will stop bad ideas and make useful suggestions. Moreover, it at least suggests that the CEO is interested in (or at least willing to consider) continuing the network. So, it may not be entirely all gloom and doom. Also, you never know. He might have some genuinely useful ideas, and it also depends at whose expense his input comes at - the creators or the other executives.

Last edited:
Stephen was at a con today and met some fans at a Hooters after the event and then took them with him to watch the hockey game. Such a cool guy

It's possible. On the flip side, on this news article that was written around the time the news broke, Tribune CEO (Peter Liguori) quite rightly indicated the conflicting interests of CW's owners in how the network is developed (i.e. targeting younger audiences to the detriment of more mature viewers so that the latter continue watching CBS shows instead) and expressed interest in "get[ting] a seat at the table".

Granted, the common concern is that more executive meddling and oversight will compromise a show's quality. However, this isn't strictly true as often times executives, armed with their market studies and trends, will stop bad ideas and make useful suggestions. Moreover, it at least suggests that the CEO is interested in (or at least willing to consider) continuing the network. So, it may not be entirely all gloom and doom. Also, you never know. He might have some genuinely useful ideas, and it also depends at whose expense his input comes at - the creators or the other executives.

Funny how Liguori is disappointed at CW. Yet what kind of ratings is Salem bringing in for Tribune owned WGN America? It's been so low the the ratings aren't even registering on the Nielsen system. Which means it's not even cracking a 0.1 18-49 demo.

Funny how Liguori is disappointed at CW. Yet what kind of ratings is Salem bringing in for Tribune owned WGN America? It's been so low the the ratings aren't even registering on the Nielsen system. Which means it's not even cracking a 0.1 18-49 demo.

Oh, I doubt that Liguori is genuinely disappointed with the CW's performance; at least no more than any other person in the world is disappointed that they're not that little bit richer. What this is - I reckon - is the CEO eking himself something to leverage with in order to get a bigger piece of the pie, now that it's time to negotiate contracts.

Oh, I doubt that Liguori is genuinely disappointed with the CW's performance; at least no more than any other person in the world is disappointed that they're not that little bit richer. What this is - I reckon - is the CEO eking himself something to leverage with in order to get a bigger piece of the pie, now that it's time to negotiate contracts.

I think he wants to produce original content since most of the cw programming comes from CBS or WB.

Supernatural, arrow, flash, izombie WB

reign,Beauty & the Beast CBS.

Phoenix Comicon
[YT]5S-bXipR_dA[/YT]

hes really growing that goatee. yess

I don't think he has time to grow it in too much.Don't they start shooting pretty soon?

Is it more comfortable wearing a wig edith a shaved head? Could see him having the wig for flashbacks, with the new look for present day stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"