Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh, they are so hellbent on keeping Arrow grounded in reality that they are missing out on a lot of things. Ray Palmer would have to go over to Flash just to get his superhero on? Really?

It seems to me that if I was a villain in the DCCWverse I would try and go up against the non-superpowered hero if I had a choice. Hopefully they don't cut all the cool stuff out of Arrow

I think keeping superpowers to a minimum on Arrow further helps establish a contrast between Arrow and Flash, and I don't think that's a bad thing at all. We've seen in the past that if superpowers are vital to the plot, then they will incorporate it into the show but won't go overboard with them.

All this "grounded" and "reality" talk they're doing again is not exciting.

I doubt the realistic/grounded stuff will be anyway close to Nolan level.......there will be something that make it different.

So if ray isn't going to become the atom this season, then what was the point of bringing him in the first place? To just give felicity a stable love interest so that she and oliver won't hook up with each other right away?

So if ray isn't going to become the atom this season, then what was the point of bringing him in the first place? To just give felicity a stable love interest so that she and oliver won't hook up with each other right away?

well he a scientist and a businessman so i am sure he will be able to do other stuff beside being a love interest

But they easily could've created an original character for that. They didn't need Ray Palmer - or Ted Kord, for that matter. I think we'll see Palmer become a vigilante - but he'll probably be powerless.

Awwww... you guys are adorable. :o

Bought it in the digital version today: Not bad at all but two things made me fear that Kreisberg is making the same mistakes hedid years ago...
-Conviniently eliminating all the side characters he didn't invent (though bringing Mia to the N52 makes me hope that this policy won't be as strict as last time).
-Introducing new (cheesy) Enmies (Mr. King VS Mr. Queen...srsly?) instead of building up the old ones (Lemire already introduced new cool enemies and rebooted old ones...I'd build up on that...that said: they did announce that they would finally introduce Merlyn in the GA N52 Book...so again... this gives mehope)

Yeah, I'm very mixed on it. On the one hand, it's not godawful like his GA/BC run, I like that he's introducing Merlyn and Mia into the New 52, and don't mind Felicity and Diggle being brought in either. However, I agree that he's also seemingly falling into some of his old habits. Emiko, Naomi, and Fyff are essentially written out OFF-PANEL with only ONE SENTENCE explaining where they are (and in Emiko's case, it directly CONTRADICTS the end of Lemire's run). That was just a really cheap way of disposing of two really cool characters (Fyff is merely ok imo) and makes me fear that Kreisberg will once again dispose of everyone other than his own creations, or at least make them look bad to make his pet characters look god (coughCupidcough).

While I am strongly against tying the CW Universe to the Movie Universe, I am 100% behind tying the CW Shows with the Supergirl and Titans shows. Doesn't sound like it will happen but I would like to see the TV version of the Justice League in crossovers between the shows. That makes much more sense to me than connecting them with the movies.

Arrow, Flash and Supergirl could be the TV version of the Trinity, and I think they could make some interesting crossovers with this group of secondary characters. Especially considering Barry Allen/Flash is probably the only one they have real plans for in the movie universe.

Arrow
Flash
Supergirl
Nightwing
Black Canary
Red Arrow
Atom

Would make a pretty interesting Justice League B-Team to me (I don't care that much about Atom but w/e)

On an Arrow sidenote, am I the only one that wants to punch the Arrow Director in the face everytime I hear "Starling City" instead of "Star City", such a stupid and pointless change. I read it was to make it sound like a more realistic name for a City, actually sounds worse to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the Arrow show quite a bit but I really hate that change.

(I don't care that much about Atom but w/e)

On an Arrow sidenote, am I the only one that wants to punch the Arrow Director in the face everytime I hear "Starling City" instead of "Star City", such a stupid and pointless change. I read it was to make it sound like a more realistic name for a City, actually sounds worse to me. Don't get me wrong, I like the Arrow show quite a bit but I really hate that change.

you're probably gonna like Ray Palmer :oldrazz:

egmbglJ.png

If Ray was going to use his shrinking powers, I doubt they would reveal it in advance .
Nothing to worry about.

I doubt the realistic/grounded stuff will be anyway close to Nolan level.......there will be something that make it different.

The fact that we've already dealt with a superpowered villain in Deathstroke shows that this show is already more embracing of it's comic roots than the Nolan films. Now, I will say, the Nolan films weren't nearly as "realistic" as some people make them out to be (Two-Face anyone?) Right now, I'd say the show is closer in tone to B:TAS than the Nolan films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"