Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was not expecting them to ice [BLACKOUT]Sara[/BLACKOUT] this early. :csad:

What's that got to do with a female getting her own show? Plus it is clear that she is being replaced with Laurel.

They also passed on Supergirl I believe. So maybe The CW is not interested in female led hero shows

They also passed on Supergirl I believe. So maybe The CW is not interested in female led hero shows
_1400177536.gif

izombie from vertigo dc

I heard that they passed on Supergirl because they didn't want to commit to another effects/CGI-heavy show until they saw how Flash performed. But I'm not sure if that's true or not.

Nightwing seems like a high probability since they have mentioned blood haven a few times.

Executive producer Marc Guggenheim explains. “Every time we kill off a character on the show, it’s always incredibly hard. We’re not Game of Thrones

limk

Also tonight's episode ended great for me. What happens at the end of tonights episode was long overdue in my book and I think the show will be better for it.

Wishes Sara could be a regular.

Seconds later she's killed off.:eek:

Nyssa is going to be PISSED about this!! Oh and it was totally Komodo who killed Sara.

COLIN DONNELL RETURNS AS TOMMY MERLYN IN A FLASHBACK; MATT WARD GUEST STARS AS SIMON LACROIX, AKA KOMODO — Lance (Paul Blackthorne) calls the Arrow (Stephen Amell) when another archer appears in town and starts skewering businessmen. Diggle (David Ramsey) uses A.R.G.U.S. to find the archer’s identity; he is a man named Simon Lacroix (guest star Matt Ward), who goes by the codename Komodo. However, the team hits a rough patch with the mission and gets help from a surprising source – Laurel (Katie Cassidy). Meanwhile, Oliver begins to worry that he hasn’t heard from Thea (Willa Holland), which forces Roy (Colton Haynes) to tell him the truth about why she left town. Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) pursues Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). In the flashback, Maseo (guest star Karl Yune) tells Oliver that Amanda Waller has ordered his first kill. As Oliver looks down the scope of the rifle, he sees the target is his best friend, Tommy (guest star Colin Donnell). Despite her promise to her sister, Laurel debates sharing a secret about Sara (Caity Lotz) with Lance. Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu.

What if it's Malcom?

I don't think so. I'm not even sure if he knows about Sara, or what his motive would be. Plus if it were him, then I kind of think that they'd have just shown him. They wouldn't keep it such a mystery since he's the obvious suspect. Also the solicits for next week say that Komodo will be showing up in episode 2, which makes it even more likely that he's the killer.

I think episode 2 will have shock as well? Amell said something like "can we do that"

Izombie female lead..

She isn't a superhero or part of Arrow/Flashverse. We need a female with ties to these heroes. WW most likely wont happen anymore, wouldnt mind a Batgirl show since she most likely wont be showing up anytime soon, or a new BOP spin off.

She isn't a superhero or part of Arrow/Flashverse. We need a female with ties to these heroes. WW most likely wont happen anymore, wouldnt mind a Batgirl show since she most likely wont be showing up anytime soon, or a new BOP spin off.

writers-walk-after-dc-alters-batwoman-storylines-header.jpg

I know it will never happen batwoman could make a great show

Agreed.

Marc Guggenheim on next week's episode "Sara":
Can you talk about "Sara," the second episode, and what we're going to be seeing?
302 is one of our most emotionally gut-wrenching episodes -- as it needs to be, as it should be, becuase this character's death affects all of the characters on the show. It's kind of brutal. I don't want to spoil it too much, but we chose the title "Sara" because it actually has a double meaning and I really don't want to say more than that, but it does have a double meaning. It is harsh. I will say there's the question of what should be done with Sara's body; there's the question of who do they tell? Do they tell Lance, for example, that his daughter died a second time?

There's the emotional repercussions for everybody but it definitely has repercussions for Oliver and Felicity and it has repercussions for Felicity and Ray Palmer, and obviously for Laurel. I mean, Laurel's very much at the center of the episode. We're also going to turn to a suspect in teh killing andwith us, you never know how soon things will get resolved or in what way they'll get resolved.

But 302, I have to say, I think is one of our best episodes. I'm really, really happy with it. It's everything laid bare; it's all out there. Everyone's raw and naked. It was a really hard episode for the cast to shoot -- particularly Emily [Bett Rickards], Stephen and Caity. And Caity Lotz, who basically has to lie on a slab and not breathe and actually does a very, very compelling job of being dead. It's really, really powerful. It's a hard episode to watch. If you're prone to tears or capable of crying during watching a TV show, you'll probably be crying.

Would you call it a change of pace episode?

In some ways, yeah. I think it has all the elements that you typically expect from an episode of Arrow. But like when we killed Tommy in 123, we went to a season finale end and a hiatus so we never really dealt with the repercussions of his death. With 221 after Moira's death, we dealt with the repercussions of that by taking Oliver out of the show, essentially, for an act. This episode is sort of the first time that we've really taken our time and really spent some time with these characters in the wake of a major character's death. and I think as a result it has a different spin to it, for sure.

If they're going to do a female, I'd prefer they do Zatanna (magic) or Hawkgirl (aliens (and magic?)) as those would be truly different shows than Flash or Arrow, and not just different leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"