Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 15

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan Registered

Sad thing is, it wouldn't be out of character for Laurel. That's how badly written she is.

2. Human Torch Registered

But Dinah Laurel needs to be BC,so by the same token,Dinah Laurel needs to be with Ollie.I will except nothing less than fidelity to the comic at this point.In for a penny,in for a pound.:o

3. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They are off and on in the comics so they can be off and on in the tv show.

4. Nathan Registered

Or maybe the show should just be its own thing. They already added and changed so much from the comics, why is their on and off relationship one of the things that has to stay intact?

5. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Didn't say it had to be intact just saying it can be. I could careless if the two of them ever get back together, I enjoy everyone being single. But at the end they don't need to end up together at the end of the show because even going by their comic book history, they are constantly on/off and their wedding barely made it.

6. fire117 Registered

Agreed. I'd frankly prefer it if Oliver is with Felicity at the end of the show.

7. luis4u Registered

Injustice gods
    :woot::woot:

8. luis4u Registered

Ray feels more right for Felicity than Oliver.

9. fire117 Registered

I disagree.

10. Human Torch Registered

Frankly,I think almost anybody seems better for Felicity than Oliver.

Barry
    Ray
    Roy
    Heck,throw in Cisco.

11. luis4u Registered

I'd say that Ray has shown more genuine interest in Felicity as a person in a few episodes than Oliver did for most of season one. Heck, he even cares enough about her to look up where she lives and to pay her a visit to discuss something that interests them both. Oliver probably knows where Felicity lives, but he has never visited her at home as far as I know.

12. luis4u Registered

I'd say that Ray has shown more genuine interest in Felicity as a person in a few episodes than Oliver did for most of season one.

13. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

TBH, I only have two issues with Arrow... 1) how they've messed up Laurel's character so badly that not many people actually care about her anymore... 2) there are no audio commentaries on the Blu Ray box sets...

14. Arrowshieldfan Registered

I do think Laurel can be redeem and be likeable again but no one give her a chance......it probably the hate is toward the actress kate cassidy more than anything

15. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They seem hellbent on always having her make the wrong decision for some strange reason. Having her constantly fail does not make her any stronger or a version of her "island" when Ollie/Sara had to learn to adapt to their surroundings if they wanted to survive. Not to mention that they seem to take away any connection to other characters that she had in the comics. Took away the whole canary thing, Sin, her "mother" relationship with Roy, no big friendship between her and Helena.

16. Nathan Registered

Yeah, it's not our fault for not liking Laurel. The writers have done nothing to make us like her. They gave all the good traits to Sara, and have Laurel constantly screw up. When Laurel is actually doing something worthwhile, they still somehow manage to screw it up, because they turn her into a Mary Sue, in order to fix her. And nobody likes a Mary Sue.

17. Human Torch Registered

Re: Olicity, It just feels like being with Ollie drags Felicity into the same gloom that surrounds him.It would be different if she somehow elevated him,but they do the opposite by making her weepy and glum.

Felicity works better as a humorous character and needs somebody less sullen to reflect the way she was originally conceived.

18. king666 Registered

This x 10²³
    It's the worst thing about their romance.

19. Nathan Registered

She would really work best with Barry. I really think they have some good on-screen chemistry.

But I need to know who is in charge of all the relationship stuff on both shows. Ollie's and Laurel's love story was doomed to fail, thanks to the awful backstory someone cooked up. Now we have Barry and Iris, who are supposed to end up together, and in the show they are basically siblings. Sure, Barry didn't get adopted and they were just two kids from different families growing up under the same roof, but they basically grew up as siblings. So even if there's no blood relation, it's still weird to see Barry pining for the girl that views him like a brother, and tries to hook him up with hot female nerds.

20. Boy Scout Registered

That's not true.

She "died" in the pilot. She "died" on the island. And now she's (actually) dead in the present. That's three times.

1) I never wanted them to bring Malcolm back, so yes, I did have a problem with that.

2) "Reviving" someone once isn't quite the same as doing it two or three times.

Yes. It was a "death". She's "died" twice and is now dead.

I wouldn't put it past these writers.

Eh...I don't find either pairig all that appealing. Amell definitely has more chemistry with Rickards, though.

I tend to agree.

Barry or Ray, yeah.

Whoever they are, they sure don't like making things easy on themselves.

21. JC00 Registered

Why do you keep bringing up the island? The viewer sees Sara in present time before they ever see her on the island so they know she never dies. Which means it wasn't a fakeout death, it was just a way of writing her out of the flashback.

22. Boy Scout Registered

...okay. The writers chose to get rid of Sara in the past by (essentially) killing her off. Oliver thought she was dead for years before she returned to Starling City. Before that, he (and the audience) believed that she had drowned when the Queen's Gambit sank. The audience being aware that Sara had survived the former instance doesn't make it any less of a fake out, nor does it disprove or negate anything I've said up to now.

23. Reek _____

edit

#898 Reek, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by moderator : Nov 10, 2014
  24. Human Torch Registered

Eh,I've gotta disagree with the contention that she "died" three times.Everyone knows in the comics the "Unless there's a body" clause.(and even then....just look at Malcolm) This season was the only legit death for Sara.And frankly for a show with Ra's in the cast,it really shouldn't be for keeps.What will it take for Ra's to get his immortality in live action?

25. herolee10 No More Miracles

If I had to take a guess, I'd argue that the origin point for all of this mess really started with the last 2-3 episodes of Season 2.

Prior to the big three part finale, despite some hiccups here and there, I feel like Season 2 was really the show at its best.

However, as soon as the three part finale came about, a lot of things took a big swerve... things that didn't make sense at all.

1. For the most part of Season 2, Sara was shown trying to learn on how to fully adapt to no longer being a part of the LOA anymore, let alone on how to transition from former assassin to full time heroine. Yet, ALL of that was so carelessly thrown down the drain by having Sara easily rejoining the LOA once more.

2. Let's face it; Laurel was a complete pain in the ass to watch for a lot of us for a good portion of Season 2. She spent like 2.5-3/4 of it being a ***** to everyone. When she finally starts to try and turn her bad life upside down, she's automatically inserted into Team Arrow, with no lead up whatsoever, with the season ending by having Sara passing on the BC Jacket to Laurel when the producers hadn't taken the time to build up to that moment. Heck, Laurel getting Sara's jacket wasn't earned at all.

3. When we finally see Roy beginning his training with Oliver, it was assumed that they would take their time before Roy got the hang of...anything. The fact of the matter is, he was only on the group because Oliver didn't want Roy raging out on anyone else. However, as soon as he wakes up.... he's suddenly proficient with using a arrow and bow to take a part in the big showdown against Slade's army?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.