Status
Not open for further replies.
You are scholar and a gentleman.

you welcome
jZa3DpF.gif

T8eWt2r.gif

“ARROW” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

“The Climb” (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

DINAH LANCE RETURNS HOME — Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is stunned when her father (Paul Blackthorne) delivers a very special Christmas gift – her mother, Dinah (guest star Alex Kingston). Thor Freudenthal directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu (#309).

Thursday, December 11

“ARROW” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

“The Climb” (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

DINAH LANCE RETURNS HOME — Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is stunned when her father (Paul Blackthorne) delivers a very special Christmas gift – her mother, Dinah (guest star Alex Kingston). Thor Freudenthal directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu (#309).

Thursday, December 11

lol. the episode is directed by Thor.

have the episode descriptions for the Arrow/Flash crossover released yet?

People just have to remember that because she decides to suit up doesn't mean that she is going to be some expert in the fighting field.

What's the point of someone making a manip with yellow in it? It's just gonna be a manip to look at, when you watch the show its gonna be without the yellow so I never get the point of this altering what the shows or movies have created to fit what some want to see. When you look at the manip that's when it's gonna be what you wanna see, but when you watch the show or movie in action it will be what it is. This make a manip someone non sense is pointless.

Is it really that serious? Really? People make manips to see the potential of something. It's really simple.

:whatever: I'm not even gonna try to say anything cause you've already made your mind up and seem to think that each episode counts as 1 day or something. So in your mind shes only been training for a few days. Meanwhile in the universe of the show it's probably been over the course of a few weeks.

Even weeks of training is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I dont want to say this because I loved season 1 and 2 but they're kinda losing me this time around.

It's all just not that great anymore and I hope they can turn it around in time.

People just have to remember that because she decides to suit up doesn't mean that she is going to be some expert in the fighting field.

But then why have her suit up in the first place? I'm not opposed to Laurel becoming the Black Canary and I'm not saying that she won't be a competent fighter when she finally puts that mask on, but if she's not as capable a fighter as she necessarily needs to be by that time, why not just extend her training and have that moment feel earned? I'm going to wait and see what happens, but I definitely understand where some people are coming from.

Yeah, I seriously doubt that they're going to have her suit up and then screw up. Admittedly, I'd be impressed if they did, but I don't think that it'll happen. They certainly haven't done that with Roy and given the way that they've talk about Laurel's "transformation," I fully expect that once she puts on that costume, she'll be depicted as very competent. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Yeah, I seriously doubt that they're going to have her suit up and then screw up. Admittedly, I'd be impressed if they did, but I don't think that it'll happen. They certainly haven't done that with Roy and given the way that they've talk about Laurel's "transformation," I fully expect that once she puts on that costume, she'll be depicted as very competent. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if her first time suiting up is more out of necessity than choice. I can imagine Team Arrow being in an incredibly dire situation and requiring somebody's - anybody's - assistance. Enter Laurel. She's not ready, but she's the best they've got.

I don't think that's how it'll play out, but it's one way to do it.

Let it not be said that Ted and Oliver are incompetent teachers for they are seemingly able to train people to become qualified heroes within a timeframe of less than one year.lol

Seriously though, I guess we shouldn't be too surprised.

I mean look at Batman and most of his robins. It took years for Bruce to train and become an expert martial artist and yet he's able to teach the likes of Tim, Dick, and Jason on how to be competent enough to roll with him when they're still very young and not that much older from when he first recruited them individually.

Oliver himself learned to fight competently after only a few sessions with Slade and Shado, but nobody seems to remember - or want to remember - that detail.

Yeah... I know she's always been pretty fetish-y but the Sara outfit was perfect mix of classic and that animated style above.

Yeah... I know she's always been pretty fetish-y but the Sara outfit was perfect mix of classic and that animated style above.

And it also looked easier to put on. Seriously, how many minutes is it going to take Laurel to put those boots on? At least Sara had a simple pair of combat boots.

Oliver himself learned to fight competently after only a few sessions with Slade and Shado, but nobody seems to remember - or want to remember - that detail.

He's also a guy and those sessions were more like marathons as all they had was time.

What's Laurel doing? 2 hours a day after she gets out of work?

You do realize that Oliver had years to build on, add to, and perfect those skills, right?

How long did they even spend on that island together? It must have been at least a couple months. Since the entire first season spanned a time frame of an entire year. The first time Ollie and Slade get together, you already have them training intensively for like 10 days. That's all they did. Train, eat and sleep. And in those 10 days he was still pretty much useless. At most, he was able to disarm a guy.

Then when Shado arrives, you still just have them spending probably weeks on the island, just surviving, and again nothing else to do but train.

Laurel trains in her free time, while still being a District Attorney and having tons of other responsibilities.

What if her suiting up too early is the point? Was chatting to my brother about the images and I told him it was too soon. His theory (one of the few he threw out) is that Laurel suits up quickly and ends up causing a hell of a problem (maybe with some major fallout like Roy loses his arm). The rest of this season is her trying to atone properly for her latest **** up...

...We can dream I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back