Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 18

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrCosmic Professor of Power

I enjoy that about the Flash too, but it sure would be boring for me if Harrison Wells wasn't the bad guy. But I do agree Arrow could use a few episodes of that too, to make the conflicts matter more.

That's still different. You have the advantage of not having a story she is supposed to fit into, so you can craft a story that "just so happens" to require her. However having a need for a bat-character doesn't make her the best candidate. It still makes more sense logistically to bring over someone from the packed Arrow squad or a reformed Assassin, they'd still have the requisite baggage, but not the baggage of a resurrection storyline which doesn't help the story you're pitching. The best choice in that scenario, honestly, would be Deathstroke.

If I were doing it, and again, this is creating a story from the ground up that requires her, I would focus on Rip Hunter's mission, one that involves multiple/alternate realities, and pull a Sara who never died from such an alternate reality, a reality that plays a role in the upcoming events. I think that's the Sara fans want anyway, not some hackneyed retcon. They want Sara to never have died, so... give them a Sara who didn't. Go one better: in her reality, Laurel died! Instant faves. That fact can be a large or small piece in the story later, where Rip Hunter's plan revolves around her being from an alternate reality so she's not affected by MacGuffin X, that she's 'the chosen one' in that sense. In that way, she is the best possible character for the story. There are other stories you can create to do the same of course.

2. zenith16 Registered

alternate reality's???? while that's cool there still will one version of sara in the grave there would still be others of the fan base that have problem with it sadly. Cause of those that want to keep stuff like that out of this show.

while I'd find it cool those that would want to say its too much (there's always that some how) like having Oliver fight side by side with Hal Jordan will complain even more . cause the latter of the characters has powers make & him look not as cool . which I don't buy ay more with how marvel treats hawk eye with their movies with other super powered heroes . Epescilly with what happeed with the cross over team up of brave & the bold ether.

It's still Oliver's show in the end having the occasional guess star like they did with Barry is fine.

So I say bring on Hal with John Stuart as his galactic law enforcement partner fight corrupt corporate using alien tech

3. Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]495223[/split]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.