Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are A LOT of shows that go through growing pains within their first 3 seasons. When season 1 aired, basically everyone loved it, s2 stepped things up to a new level, so of course it is no surprise that S3 would be a little difficult since a lot has changed.

I think it obvious people hate changes.....

1) Roy joining the team since season 2 was mostly Diggle/Felicity/Oliver and Sara for a bit.
2) Laurel unofficial joining the team
3) Sara dying over Laurel
4) Ra's al Ghul not being a threat early
5) Ray Palmer
6) Dislike Hong Kong FB over Island FB

1) Roy joining the team since season 2 was mostly Diggle/Felicity/Oliver and Sara for a bit.
5) Ray Palmer

If Nable had appeared in more episodes prior to mid-season I think it would've made a huge difference, Ra's didn't have nearly enough presence in the first half of the season for the viewers to really understand the threat he posed to team.

[YT]/watch?v=5Gpu1J6C0CY[/YT]

I would love to know why this kind of fight has not return yet. It still the same people who done season 2 and 3 fight. Unless someone told them to scale down on the fight scene or something it still James Bamford the one behind all the fight sequence.

5) Ray Palmer

It's not disliking change, it's dislike how the show was changed as well as how those changes were executed. Mostly the latter.

If Nable had appeared in more episodes prior to mid-season I think it would've made a huge difference, Ra's didn't have nearly enough presence in the first half of the season for the viewers to really understand the threat he posed to team.

which episode though 2,3,5,6,7? Perhaps less filter with VOTW and more on the LOA earlier on

True. I remember on how Smallville's third season was really a step down, in terms of quality, when compared to its previous two seasons. It was during Season 3 where the show started to forget about logic at times, along with introducing very confusing/messy story lines.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the whole pairing between Clark and Lana started becoming stale among many fans due to the whole angst that the writers had introduced as a means to keep them apart.

That's weird. I thought Season 3 was one of the more popular seasons and Season 4 was when things started going down.

5) Ray Palmer

I don't think it's the changes that people hated so much but more on how they were brought about.

For example, to have someone as formidable as Sara "killed off" by a mind-controlled Thea isn't exactly the most flattering way for the character to be written off. And not to mention, Malcolm's whole flawed logic for why he had Thea kill Sara didn't help make matters better.

And honestly, I don't think people have any real issues with Ray in general. It's just hoe he's presented and used that people have issues with.

He's more like Ted Kord than the Ray Palmer from the comics. And it doens't help him that his "Atom" persona feels like a Iron Man/Superman ripoff where the biggest arc that he's had this season was to be nothing more than Felicity's love interest so that the writers could jerk off to seeing more angst present between her and Oliver.

Laurel was technically a part of Team Arrow since the second to the last episode of Season 2 and the Hong Kong Flashbacks are somewhat boring compared to the stuff that happened on the island.

I think some people don't like the slow buildup to the main LOA storyline....like the flash they are set up very early and the secrets of Harrison Wells

whatever is going to happen to Merlyn they probably setting something it up for the 5 next episode.....

I would love to know why this kind of fight has not return yet. It still the same people who done season 2 and 3 fight. Unless someone told them to scale down on the fight scene or something it still James Bamford the one behind all the fight sequence.

Man, I remember when I first watched that fight I was floored (that and the Yao fei vs. Wintergreen fight). I don't know how to describe it but the fight scenes in season seemed more...brutal and raw. The fight scenes now seem very sloppily done and over way too quickly. Perhaps its a direct result of their shooting schedule, maybe they just don't have the time to film a proper well choreographed fight anymore (although I admit the Oliver vs. Ra's Al Ghul battle was very well done).

[YT]/watch?v=5Gpu1J6C0CY[/YT]

See, this is what I was talking about. When the show was capable of doing this it was so fun to watch. Now even the action scenes bore me because they have too many characters in costumes doing poorly choreographed fight scenes.

I interesting in where the new HQ will be.......we know the foundary will be compromise and taken over by the police

I watched all of Daredevil and it was great. I really enjoyed it and I think it was an excellent show. But I didn't enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed Arrow and IMO it didn't come close to Arrow's lofty heights in season 1. It didn't make me want to watch the next episode right away like Arrow did/does (Arrow was exceptionally good at that in season 1 and to a lesser extent in season 2. At the start of season 3 it had this effect on me also as I really wanted to find out who Sara's killer was). There have been times where I would have been looking forward for a whole week to the next Arrow episode (as sad as that sounds). Even if DD was only a one episode a week show, it would not have had that effect on me.

I thought the fight scenes in DD were better. Even fights with low level thugs were long and exciting and full of lots of cool moves and sequences. In comparison, on Arrow, Oliver and his allies make easy work of LOA members in very short time. It is funny when you compare how each show treats the fighting scenes.

Even though DD has better actors (for the most part), I did not find the characters as interesting as the ones on Arrow. Don't get me wrong, they were very good characters but I just did not get as invested in them and nor do I care about them as much as I do the characters on Arrow. For me the villain in DD was not as compelling as Malcolm, Slade or Ra's. He was a good villain, but not as good as Arrow's villains IMO.

I did not find the storylines to be any better than Arrows if I am being honest either (some people will try to counter me saying this by using some of Arrows poor storylines as an argument for why DD has better stories, ignoring that Arrow has had a lot of very good stories also because it does not fit their agenda.) I am quite sure that if DD manages to last over 60 episodes, then it will have some poor stories too.

The show also had a lot of things on it that Arrow gets criticised for doing and things that Arrow doesn't do, but would get criticised if it did. There are different reasons for this. For some people that is because it is the first season of DD. Shows get cut a lot of slack during their first seasons and even though season 1 of Arrow was great, people cut it a lot of slack at times. For other people, it is quite simply because they have an agenda in regards to this show and want to find reasons to criticise it as well as to criticise people for liking it. They will state their opinions on things that are subjective and present them as facts in a bid to belittle the show. The majority of their posts in this forum are in this thread saying negative things about the show. That tells you all you really need to know.

So overall, while DD was an excellent show and I really enjoyed it and hope they make more seasons, I personally did not enjoy it as much as I do Arrow and it is not a better show IMO. Objectively speaking, even if it is a better show, it is not better by the margin some of the people who are always saying negative things about Arrow were trying to make out. If it is better than Arrow, then it is only a little bit better (unless you do something silly like compare the worst of Arrow to the best of DD which has only had 13 episodes so far.) So while I believe that DD is a great show and that there are some things that Arrow could learn from it, I certainly do not feel that Arrow needs some type of overhaul like some people were trying to say to "reach the level of DD". All IMO of course.

Last edited:
It still stands to reason that the CW's shows by enlarge have this particular element. If you are going to walk into their offices right now and pitch a show about angels, it's likely going to need some kinda dawsons creek dramatics with the love interest and what not for their established audience to be catered too. A DD show on cw would most likely have this.

CW had Nikita(of all things) and they did it. This beauty and the best show. Tomorrow People(though it was MG). It's what they're about. And it's served them well.

There was a superman show on the cw and lo and behold it's was pretty much that incarnate.
Just saying.

It's "by and large", not "by enlarge". Great egg corn though.

Any guys/gals it's ok to prefer item B over item A despite A being of a higher quality than B. There are many many show that are better than Blacklist in almost every category, but I still prefer it over a surprising number of those shows. Like Arrow , it's fast food. Good fast food.

Last edited:
I love how people constantly say they're done with a show after a certain episode and/or season yet everyone knows they'll be right back in front of their tv when the next episode and/or season starts. Can't even count how many times I've read on this forum "I'm done with this season" yet lo and behold they're right back here next week talking about the episode.

All those people like to do is cater to the masses. They see other people saying it and then they feel compelled to say it as well.

Either way, this season has been nowhere near as bad as some have made it out to be. The amount of hyperbole flying around in terms of how bad this season is has been ridiculously overblown.

Last edited:
I agree with this. Still disappointing that the show is going down in quality, especially in light of the ascension of several other cb/sh shows. Season 2 was good, but not good enough for what now looks like the peak quality wise.

But "not as good as Season 2" isn't the same as "terrible".

I agree with this. Still disappointing that the show is going down in quality, especially in light of the ascension of several other cb/sh shows. Season 2 was good, but not good enough for what now looks like the peak quality wise.

But "not as good as Season 2" isn't the same as "terrible".

And again, we are 3 seasons in, S2 was just last year. Lets talk about possible peaking after S4 or 5.

I knew people would be in here comparing DD to Arrow even though they aren't comparable. DD has free reign on content and the violence is VERY strong for something in this genre pertaining to a character that hangs out with Spidey and co in the books.

I am 4 eps in and love the show but it has no ratings or specific demos to worry about and is not competing for viewers, there is no comparison to be made.

:up:

Season 3 is not even that bad, not to mention freaking out about ONE season being slightly lower quality? Come on now. Just like with everything else, people act like this show has been on for like 6 years and has been oh so terrible forever.

You and I are pretty much on the same page. I think this season has been lackluster (understatement of the decade), but I'm not under the illusion that the show cannot improve with time.

I watched all of Daredevil and it was great. I really enjoyed it and I think it was an excellent show. But I didn't enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed Arrow and IMO it didn't come close to Arrow's lofty heights in season 1. It didn't make me want to watch the next episode right away like Arrow did/does (Arrow was exceptionally good at that in season 1 and to a lesser extent in season 2. At the start of season 3 it had this effect on me also as I really wanted to find out who Sara's killer was). There have been times where I would have been looking forward for a whole week to the next Arrow episode (as sad as that sounds). Even if DD was only a one episode a week show, it would not have had that effect on me.

I thought the fight scenes in DD were better. Even fights with low level thugs were long and exciting and full of lots of cool moves and sequences. In comparison, on Arrow, Oliver and his allies make easy work of LOA members in very short time. It is funny when you compare how each show treats the fighting scenes.

Even though DD has better actors (for the most part), I did not find the characters as interesting as the ones on Arrow. Don't get me wrong, they were very good characters but I just did not get as invested in them and nor do I care about them as much as I do the characters on Arrow. For me the villain in DD was not as compelling as Malcolm, Slade or Ra's. He was a good villain, but not as good as Arrow's villains IMO.

I did not find the storylines to be any better than Arrows if I am being honest either (some people will try to counter me saying this by using some of Arrows poor storylines as an argument for why DD has better stories, ignoring that Arrow has had a lot of very good stories also because it does not fit their agenda.) I am quite sure that if DD manages to last over 60 episodes, then it will have some poor stories too.

The show also had a lot of things on it that Arrow gets criticised for doing and things that Arrow doesn't do, but would get criticised if it did. There are different reasons for this. For some people that is because it is the first season of DD. Shows get cut a lot of slack during their first seasons and even though season 1 of Arrow was great, people cut it a lot of slack at times. For other people, it is quite simply because they have an agenda in regards to this show and want to find reasons to criticise it as well as to criticise people for liking it. They will state their opinions on things that are subjective and present them as facts in a bid to belittle the show. The majority of their posts in this forum are in this thread saying negative things about the show. That tells you all you really need to know.

So overall, while DD was an excellent show and I really enjoyed it and hope they make more seasons, I personally did not enjoy it as much as I do Arrow and it is not a better show IMO. Objectively speaking, even if it is a better show, it is not better by the margin some of the people who are always saying negative things about Arrow were trying to make out. If it is better than Arrow, then it is only a little bit better (unless you do something silly like compare the worst of Arrow to the best of DD which has only had 13 episodes so far.) So while I believe that DD is a great show and that there are some things that Arrow could learn from it, I certainly do not feel that Arrow needs some type of overhaul like some people were trying to say to "reach the level of DD". All IMO of course.
I basically agree with all this. I knew people were going to be dumping on Arrow in favor of DD,but I believe Arrow has it all over DD.

CHECK THIS! SUPERHERO FIGHT CLUB

[YT]8XE_jH2eQl4[/YT]

:woot::woot:

tumblr_lygfmdwbq61qir83io4_250.gif

CHECK THIS! SUPERHERO FIGHT CLUB

[YT]8XE_jH2eQl4[/YT]

:woot::woot:

I guess that's the "fun" element I need when I talk about Arrow/Flash being better than DD. This clip pretty much sums it up.:woot::woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"