Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got to say that Laurel Is really unlikable so far in season 2 amd a real biatch.

That won't change much in season 3. Without a doubt, Dinah in Arrow is the least likable version of the character, which is hard to do because every other version of Black Canary is awesome.

Maybe overall, but her character has improved tenfold this season. She's one of the few characters who don't bore me or get on my nerves.

That won't change much in season 3. Without a doubt, Dinah in Arrow is the least likable version of the character, which is hard to do because every other version of Black Canary is awesome.

Surely Laurel being the worst Dinah is actually really easy because of how great she normally is :)

Honestly, I've liked her a lot more this season. She's still brash and headstrong, but in fairness, Dinah in the comics is also brash and headstrong, she just has the skills to back it up. I'm mostly waiting for that to happen in the show.

I think that the problem with Laurel is that she hasn't been through the hardships Sara has. It's one of those things where I would never wish them on a real human, but with an overly arrogant character like Laurel, she needs to learn to think things through to become a better hero (though apparently that's a lesson that five years in hell failed to instil in Oliver.) I think the show needs to push Felicity or Diggle to be the yin to Laurel's Yang in the same way Oracle was to Dinah in the comics; let's be fair, Oliver and Roy incapable of filling that role.

Last edited:
if you compare Arrow characters to Robin Hood characters who would you match it with

Oliver Queen/The Arrow-Robin Hood
John Diggle-Little John

that all I got

Mayor Blood was kinda like Prince John, but honestly the set up of the show is far too distant from Robin Hood to really match it up. Quentin is about as far from the Sheriff as a cop can be and Felicity and Laurel don't fit Maid Marian (sp?), except in incarnations that have her as more kick-ass, in which case Laurel would fit. Robin didn't have an apprentice as far as I know, so I dunno where Roy would fit.

Then again, most of my knowledge about Robin Hood comes from watching the Disney version as a kid.

Actually, Oliver doesn't really fit the Robin Hood aspect that well, either, at least on the show. The comics character has a much stronger Robin Hood vibe. (I think that the lack of that is why a lot of us are whinging about Arrow being to Batman-y. Oliver in the comics is largely a Batman/Robin Hood lovechild developed by 70 years of writers into something more. Without the Robin Hood aspect, well...)

Last edited:
So im finally watching arrow on netflix and flew through season 1. Season 2 is great so far and im at the point where laurel and her family find out sarah is still
Alive and i just got to say that Laurel Is really unlikable so far in season 2 amd a real biatch.

Oh yeah, Season 2 is amazing, but she absolutely drags it down single handedly.

Watch in shock and horror when her and Roy are the two most likeable characters in Season 3.

She is like 10x better in s3. Her only major problem this season was that stupid secret.

Anyone else find it inconsistent at times when it comes to Oliver's ability to take on members of the LOA?

I mean he was able to hold his own against Malcolm's teacher and few other members, but when he was confronted by Maseo and a group of other LOA members, he got his ass kicked.

Then when he storms through Nanda Parbat, he's able to take on every member who should all be trained to have good senses in order to detect that he's around the corner.

It's like Malcolm, Maseo, and Sara are the only members that learned how to become true LOA badasses whereas everyone else, including the supposed "heir to the demon' Nyssa, gets her ass handed to her on a constant basis.

This entire season feels like a segment of "Comics, Everybody".

I am just wondering how the second fight between Oliver/ra's will go? I still expect Ra's to win but much closer? but then what? do the league leave Oliver alone?

Mayor Blood was kinda like Prince John, but honestly the set up of the show is far too distant from Robin Hood to really match it up. Quentin is about as far from the Sheriff as a cop can be and Felicity and Laurel don't fit Maid Marian (sp?), except in incarnations that have her as more kick-ass, in which case Laurel would fit. Robin didn't have an apprentice as far as I know, so I dunno where Roy would fit.

Then again, most of my knowledge about Robin Hood comes from watching the Disney version as a kid.

Actually, Oliver doesn't really fit the Robin Hood aspect that well, either, at least on the show. The comics character has a much stronger Robin Hood vibe. (I think that the lack of that is why a lot of us are whinging about Arrow being to Batman-y. Oliver in the comics is largely a Batman/Robin Hood lovechild developed by 70 years of writers into something more. Without the Robin Hood aspect, well...)

Roy would be "Will scarlet" in some versions he was robin half bother. like the keven coster movie christian Slater played that character .
In the comic's with Roy & oliver it's the same as bruce with his relatio ship night wing / dick grason ward /adopted oldest son, compared to his(Oliver's) children out of wedlock like Author Jr ( from Shado) who never became a hero but suffered at the hands of Oliver's enemies and Conner Hawk & then Arrowette the character that's inspiration Artemis with the animated version of young justice, but it was Arrowette(the name used for that same character at the time ) with in the actual books young justice .

All befor Mia came into play.

Any way Will scarlet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6C1jrM5vGg

fits for Roy cause will scarlet was weapon master known for other weapons hand to hand wise. Also Red & scarlet are the same.

Last edited:
We've been getting new shots of the Flash, Arrow, RF, that all look similar, think we'll be getting new ones of Black Canary, and Roy.

if you compare Arrow characters to Robin Hood characters who would you match it with

Oliver Queen/The Arrow-Robin Hood
John Diggle-Little John

that all I got

Roy- Will Scarlett

I guess Felicity would be Maid Marian, since the traditional version of Marian never really had her as a fighter.She was more known for her bravery/wits.

Maybe Captain Lance as Friar Tuck. A guy generally outside the "Inner circle" but on their side.

Sir Guy- Slade His main beef with Ollie is over a woman,not unlike Guy/Robin.

Malcolm- The Sheriff of Nottingham

Ra's- Prince John
Not sure how close that one works,since The Sheriff never was at odds with John in most versions.

Natalie Abrams ✔ @NatalieAbrams
Follow
A new #Arrow trailer reveals some shocking upcoming events, including a few new people learning Oliver’s secret #understatement #PaleyFest

why can't we have the teaser now!

tumblr_nl83n5pgrO1rmrlnyo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nl845tLzoK1rmrlnyo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nl84da66dU1rmrlnyo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nl84da66dU1rmrlnyo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_nl84nzDvdG1rmrlnyo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_nl85qq9Q2x1rmrlnyo1_1280.jpg

Before Arrow took a (second) midseason hiatus from television airwaves, Oliver Queen had impressed Ra's Al Ghul to such a great extent he offered Oliver the opportunity to become his successor and the next leader of The League of Assassins? How Oliver responds to this offer will define the remaining episodes of season 3 according to the show's producers. Speaking to TVLINE, Andrew Kreisberg stated, "Oliver is completely — as hopefully the audience is — taken aback, ’cause he was not expecting Ra’s al Ghul’s overture. It was something that [executive producers] Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim and I talked about: It was important to have a different villain this year and somebody who is going to be doing something completely different. [Oliver's response] makes up the bulk of the next run of episodes."

As to the fate of Malcolm Merlyn, apparently there's a chance that 'The Magician' will escape Nanda Parbat. According to Kreisberg, Malcolm offers Oliver some counsel on Ra's offer, which would indicate that Malcolm is still alive. Unsurprisingly, the counsel that Malcolm offers Oliver is the fact that what Ra's is offering, "he isn't really asking." Ra's al Ghul is not a man you say no to and expect to walk away unscathed.

And how does Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law) react to Ra's offer to Oliver as she was expected to inherit Ra's title? Said Kreisberg, "Nyssa is the Heir to the Demon, so you can imagine how she feels when she finds out that what she considered to be her birthright is being handed to Oliver." Guggenheim further teased that, "From Nyssa’s perspective, [Ra's offer to Oliver] has everything to do with [Nyssa's romantic relationship with Sara]. From Ra’s perspective? Maybe, maybe not." Guggenheim also added, "One of the things we reveal in [Episode] 320 is where the name The League of Assassins came from and what it means to be an ‘assassin.’ If you’re a historian, you know it has a different meaning than what it’s become in the modern day."

http://tvline.com/2015/02/25/arrow-season-3-spoilers-oliver-replace-ras-al-ghul-felicity-ray-sex/

The Hollywood Reporter were on hand for Arrow's Paleyfest panel today, and they've revealed that a sizzle reel shown confirmed that both Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) and Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne) will discover that The Arrow is in fact Oliver Queen. In the case of the latter, that's long overdue, but there was another interesting revelation too. Apparently, Ra's al Ghul has made the offer to Oliver to take over the League of Assassins because "legend has it that the man who survives Ra's' blade will become Ra's Al Ghul." It sounds like The Arrow might just take him up on that too, as Oliver will realise that he hasn't really accomplished all that much in Starling City, and it's this which "makes being the idea of being the person who commands the League of Assassins in any way that he sees fit really appealing," says Stephen Amell. He adds: "It's an offer in name only. It's not really an offer. It's a demand. If Oliver says no, there will be incredibly dire consequences." What do you guys think of these latest details? Stay tuned for more on Arrow!

link spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back