Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it would be provided by Felicity. I was just hoping for them to go a different route then the obvious.
this is true but from what we've seen of the show oliver has issue of being beaten or said to be beaten by anyon younger then him , has issue's when asking for help so him head to thea for his finatiail's doesn't compute cause he's too bull headed

and sadly when it comes to the most obvious like have him run a business or political job him with this show he lacking something like a business degree cause he was a drop out before the island took place.

like I said it's like how wolverine is written in the book's befor they finally wasted him. he says he'll make a school. but you'll never really see him run the freaking school. he just drop it on some else. which made it even more laughable.

That wasn't the right fit for him in the first place if they're gonna make his personality that way.

dispite the jokes with oliver i nbooks the version in the books prior actually had smarts to do those things .

Oliver in this show is just not in the position. and can't be seen have an allowance from a younger relative it drive the writers up the wall.

Last edited:
He's been gone for 5/6 months, Thea providing a lair would've been reasonable instead of them having to wait for O/F getting back to get a proper hideout.

like I said above him being shown up by a younger relative drive these writer's up the wall. It's like how both Roy ( adopted son) and his blood son Conner ( beside the other one son of his that died) out skilled him cause they learned martial arts and detective work while away from him before he did and he had to play catch up in the books , to them.

The writer's on this show are the type that didn't like that. Instead of them coming together as a rounded team. Oliver being taken care of in such a way is shameful to them I guess. and they showed he has issues of pride . in the worst way possible too.

Last edited:
Here's the new Arrow-cave!
mT1ipZR.jpg
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/14/arrow-bunker-lair-season-4

Looks fantastic, very high tech and a touch futuristic, I wonder if the Mercedes SLS will make the cut. :D

Anybody think Solomon Grundy will show up?? They did throw Cyrus in the swamp

Anybody think Solomon Grundy will show up?? They did throw Cyrus in the swamp

Bringing in Constantine to solidify the presence of magic in the "Flarrow-verse" would allow for the existence of Solomon Grundy, I would think. It would be very cool, right up there with Specter showing up.
Oh, and about them throwing his body in the swamp, was it actually stated that they did that?

Last edited:
Felicity gave us those. I'll never forget "***** with wifi"

Rest in peace season 1-2 Felicity Smoake.

Well, she's not going to cry as much in Season 4 it seems, with the lighter tone they're going for, time will tell.

Interview from Craig Byrne:

GREENARROWTV’s CRAIG BYRNE: Oliver is going to be the Green Arrow now. Can you tease anything about how that comes about, and if his attitude as a crimefighter will change?

MARC GUGGENHEIM: That’s definitely the thesis statement of episode 401, the season premiere. He can’t be the Arrow anymore, because everyone believes that Roy Harper was the Arrow, and Roy Harper is dead, at least as far as everyone believes. So, he had to adopt a new identity. All of this is explained in the season premiere; we come straight out with it.

John Diggle has a uniform of some sort coming. Is there a code name to go with it?

Eventually, yes. That’s an exclusive. I’m not going to reveal the code name yet.

He’s not going to be the Guardian or anything like that?

No. He won’t be the Guardian.

We’ve always said Diggle’s comic book trajectory is Diggle. DC Comics has put John Diggle in the comics. We’re going to give him a code name out of practicality. I can’t tell you when it’s going to happen, because every time I write it, I end up taking it out, because it feels forced. I need to find the right moment for it. But we have the code name, DC’s approved it… but it’s unique to Diggle, and that’s what I like about it.

What can you tell us about Curtis Holt and what he adds to the show?

First of all, Echo Kellum… you can’t talk about Curtis without talking about Echo. He’s amazing. He is such a find. He’s so great. It’s very reductive to call him “the male Felicity,” but he has that kind of quality.

Does he give the show a shot in the arm the way Felicity gave the show a shot in the arm in Season 1?

I feel like he kind of does. I think, to me, the real revelation of Echo’s performance is he’s another smart guy working at Palmer Tech. It would be very easy for him to come off like a knock-off Ray Palmer, but he doesn’t. He’s his own guy; his own character, and that, to me, is the part that’s really exciting.

How might Quentin react if and when he finds out that his daughter is alive, again?

Well, he’s definitely going to find out, because the one thing that our characters do do, is they make a lot of mistakes, but they learn from the mistakes, and Laurel is not going to make the same mistake twice, of not telling Lance what’s going on.

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/interview-arrow-ep-marc-guggenheim-on-code-names-curtis-holt-more/

To pretend Green Arrow is another guy different from the Arrow is dumb, what a way to mess up his origins. Oliver should clean Roy's reputation instead of letting him take the fall, what kind of friend does that? Quentin knows Roy was Arsenal and Oliver is the Arrow, they can't retcon that, it would be awful and ruin the show even more. Also, is Starling's police that incompetent to not realize that body is not Roy's?

Berlanti & co overcomplicate things that are simple to start with, is not that hard: Oliver changes his name to Green Arrow as part of his more optimistic attitude; Quentin accepts working with him again and drops the charges as long as he doesn't break certain rules; Roy is cleared of all charges, etc.

But these people wrote Green Lantern, so it's not a surprise.

I hate to keep complaining about the show, but they way they're explaining the transition from Arrow to Green Arrow sounds almost obnoxiously stupid out-of-context.

Oliver: The Arrow is dead. I can't be that person anymore. Instead, I'll be...the Green Arrow!

They obviously couldn't have known at the time that it'd work out like this, but they should've just continued to call him "The Hood" if they were gonna go this route.

I hate to keep complaining about the show, but they way they're explaining the transition from Arrow to Green Arrow sounds almost obnoxiously stupid out-of-context.

Oliver: The Arrow is dead. I can't be that person anymore. Instead, I'll be...the Green Arrow!

They obviously couldn't have known at the time that it'd work out like this, but they should've just continued to call him "The Hood" if they were gonna go this route.

Translation. "I hate to keep complaining about the show, but I really don't. So I'm going to keep complaining" hahaha

I'm not going to hold my tongue if I don't like the sound of something. If that bothers you, that's your problem.

It doesn't bother me it's funny that you say you hate to complain about the show. But in reality it doesn't seem you really hate to complain about it from the posts you make on it :funny:

Now, how many people will break into this new bunker?

It doesn't bother me it's funny that you say you hate to complain about the show. But in reality it doesn't seem you really hate to complain about it from the posts you make on it :funny:

I don't think you can tell me what the reality is, considering we're discussing my personal feelings.

It's not my fault I don't like everything I'm hearing. I don't hesitate to express my concerns, but that doesn't mean I take pleasure in it. You don't hear me accusing you of being desperate enough to take whatever you can get just because I've seen you criticize nothing.

I'm ready to see some footage of the new costume in action.

I'm ready to see some footage of the new costume in action.

I think the trailer will come out next week. There is already three episode of footage so that should be enough to put a 2 mins trailer together.... my guess the trailer is already done but CW won't release it yet

I just hope that Season 4 can rejuvenate the energy that the show once had in spades for its first two seasons.

I actually cared about the characters in the first two seasons. However, Season 3 pretty much destroyed most of my interest in these characters by the end of it. I'm willing to give the show one more chance with this season given the new look and approach that they're going with, but if they pull off the same B.S. that they did with Season 3, I'm personally quitting this show and focusing my attention on the likes of the Flash and Legends.

And I hope that Oliver doesn't try to start a pity party for himself if Malcolm ends up doing something very bad because Oliver has no one else to blame for that **** other than himself.

Is this show's Green Arrow a better fighter than every cinematic Batman?
I believe he may well be.
I can't remember any Batman who's that fast and violent?

I just hope that Season 4 can rejuvenate the energy that the show once had in spades for its first two seasons.

I actually cared about the characters in the first two seasons. However, Season 3 pretty much destroyed most of my interest in these characters by the end of it. I'm willing to give the show one more chance with this season given the new look and approach that they're going with, but if they pull off the same B.S. that they did with Season 3, I'm personally quitting this show and focusing my attention on the likes of the Flash and Legends.

And I hope that Oliver doesn't try to start a pity party for himself if Malcolm ends up doing something very bad because Oliver has no one else to blame for that **** other than himself.

I didn't dislike season 3 as much as some other did, but I agree, I am just re-watching season 1 now and I really hope they get to that level with pretty much everything.

So far, yeah. But after Afflecks Batman, probably not.

To be fair every actor besides Affleck has complained about how restrictive and heavy the Batsuits have been which is why their fighting style has been so limited.

It is difficult to choreograph a good fight scene when your actor/stuntman is encased in a heavy rubber suit and can't turn do simple things like turning their head or running.

I know Christian Bale said that he once passed out from dehydration/overheating, and lost his voice twice, while filming Batman Begins. The suit was that hot (it's why they redesign it for The Dark Knight, to make it at least a little more bearable for him). Michael Keaton, and if you watch the film you can actually see this, couldn't even turn his head (he had to turn his entire upper body just to look around). I'm actually rather surprised that Marvel was able to choreograph such good fight scenes with Chris Evans in the last Captain America movie when he was wearing that big/bulky suit. It was impressive.

The GA suit, by contrast, appears to be lighter and allow more freedom of motion/movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"