Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - Part 21

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Thread Manager, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrowshieldfan Registered

where you getting the idea that diggle and laurel is not in the best shape? It might make sense and why Oliver has to return because the threat is too big for diggle/laurel/thea to handle I guess

2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

We've got conflicting reports about the state of Star City while Oliver is gone. We've heard that it's in very bad condition and that the team has been doing good. Though either way they end up making an emergency call to Oliver to come home because things have gotten out of hand and they need him.

I rather it be Thea related if anything but the writers like to make sure that Oliver is top notch so they can't have the team be to good without him.

3. godisawesome Registered

I didn't mind the double nearly as much as some simply because the conceptualization behind the duel was so good that even a sometimes flawed execution couldn't stop it.

I mean, c'mon, a Ra's Al Ghul fighting with one hand behind his back and starting out with no weapons in an honor duel atop a snowy mountain? Sure the surface resemblance to dozens of Batman duels with the whole shirtless thing was derivative, but the rest of the set-up was great.

And then they took away most of what made the fight awesome for the finale and expected us to be hyped over the New Coke version of their best moment in the season. Fail.

4. kguillou Registered

The mountain fight was actually really good tbh. I even thought the sword fight in the finale was good. I gotta re-watch season one, i do remember the fight scenes being real badass but season 3's...I dunno something about the choreography felt off to me.

Did anyone here watch Agents of Shield last season? I feel like the fight choreography in that show was INCREDIBLY well done and even gave Arrow a run for its money imo.

5. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Seem like the fight scene was tried a different style....so they decide to go back to more action and more stunts sequence

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

This entire fight scene had me awe

And I need to see something similar with Black Canary.

7. Arrowshieldfan Registered

I think Laurel do something like Skye would be interesting.....all done in one shot instead of a few shots put together

8. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Katie's been taking martial arts classes and boxing so I hope we get to see her hard work put on screen. Plus with her wearing a mask, it is easier to get her stunt double in there for the harder things.

9. Arrowshieldfan Registered

I am expecting to see her in the first episode at least fight against thugs.......and we know she will have a important role this season with Sara returning.....but hopefully her struggle to balance both crime fighting and ADA job

10. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

http://tvline.com/2015/08/17/once-upon-a-time-season-5-belle-merida-spoilers/

11. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Yeah, Ray's efforts from a city-perspective were pretty much dropped last season.

12. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I did like the mountainside fight scene, as a fight fight scene it was very well done and probably the best one of the season. It was certainly better than the finale fight scene. I just hate it when sunt doubles are so noticeable as it takes me out of the scene.

AOS stepped up the action big time in the 2nd season, and was all the better for it, that show has improved so much since it started and yet Arrow seems to be going backwards. I don't think the action in Arrow has been as good as season 1 where I was always impressed. Re-watching season 1 now just re-affirms that.

13. luis4u Registered

14. Slade W "Who Is Slade?"

The fight scene between Oliver and Ra's in episode 9 was absolutely brilliant. It was perhaps the best moment of the season and it was my favourite moment. As dramatic as this sounds, it was one of the most exciting scenes that I had seen on film or TV in quite a while. That scene had me hyped and I could not wait until episode 10 at the time.

15. mr. peasant Registered

Agreed.

I feel it would've flowed perfectly within the plot if following the devastation to the police force brought by Slade's attack on Starling City at the end of season 2, Ray comes in to privatise the police department; particularly by hiring/providing private contractors to manage organised crime/SWAT. Only for the mercs to resign and refuse to go into the Glades when Brick takes over that part of the city; leading Ray to realise the need for vigilantes (and actual cops).

This would've given a more defined character arc for Ray, and possibly even Lance if he gets tasked to head Ray's contractors, who'd presumably have a more anti-vigilante stance at odds against Lance's personal views and allegiance.

#965 mr. peasant, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  16. zenith16 Registered

Right there is the problem he's hireing people that will remind him of who killed his wife/ fiance in the first place.

slade was a merc and he hire criminals to be under during his siege of the city yeah if I were ray I want nothing to do with that. private to cops a certain way may by making more similar to how fed's work with unlimited tech like what shown in battle creek with josh dumel give the cop's access to FBI resource's. but hire Merc's lol know that the very thing he'd want to wipe out the most be side the usual crime that happens there .

only no bright people act this way and they already have that some what cornered with Oliver to a degree at times .

Any way this has more to do with what the writers consider to be priority's and his romance with felicity was all too important and there nothing more to him beside making the suit & to have a triangle with her himself and Oliver. Let's just be happy he had some action and was helpful and helped stop the league of assassins .

In a way he helped actually he did save the city . but as his over all large plan's they still have yet to come to fruition but may never have reached cause it was treated like the video threat of exposing thea as a murderer of Sara by Malcolm it was there never truly to be used further.

And he's still a better set for star Labs as cast member then he'll ever be for Arrow .

#966 zenith16, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  17. king666 Registered

Same. I really loved that ending.

18. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I don't know about all that. But, at the start, I was thinking Ray was going to try to improve the city's image and whatnot. And not from a vigilante or cop standpoint like "We can defend ourselves" type of thing. Same thing with improving the company.

[YT]DU8z1GI72V4[/YT]

19. herolee10 No More Miracles

Honestly, I feel like it would have been a better transition to Ray donning on his Atom suit had he been shown providing Starling City's Police Department with some of his advanced weaponry to help protect the city, only to realize after a series of events, that he couldn't rely on them to do so (for several possible reasons).

I feel like Ray's only purpose in Season 3 was to give Olicity a roadblock until the writers were (crazy) ready to put them together at the end of the season, along with having an excuse to have an Iron Man-like character on the show.

20. Arrowshieldfan Registered

Is there frustrated that arrow pr is lacking compare to the flash. At TCA they said flash will get even more promoted.
    Flash get a short tease today already!

21. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Totally agree with your last sentence, in his single Flash episode Ray seemed to fit a lot more than any of his appearances on Arrow.

22. Loki882 Registered

The "single take" tracking shot action scene with Skye was amazing as well, and Chloe Bennett actually did her own stunts with that one. She also finished the scene despite cracking a bone in her arm:

#972 Loki882, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  23. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

DC aint playing around
    [​IMG]

24. mr. peasant Registered

Except said motivation was something was a product of the show and season 3 itself rather than something that was predetermined going in. Which boils back to my comment about Ray's character arc. I feel it would've been better if his character developed over the course of the show itself instead of being given a cliched back story.

Which was kind of what I was suggesting as well; except with Ray providing both, the tech and the manpower. And if you want to add more meat to the story, have the other characters (e.g. Lance) wondering whether he's genuinely trying to help the city or if he's full of **** and only in it to make a quick buck.

If you get down to it, mercenaries, PMCs and private security are essentially the same thing, only with different levels of training and oversight.

25. ThePhantasm 2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

But Gotham isn't related to Arrow and Flash continuity, so that seems a bit... misleading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.