Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
BreakableChubbyDragon.gif

Sometimes, I feel like one of the biggest reasons why I don't like Felicity's character on the show anymore is because of how her crazy ass fans have really pressured the Marc and Company to ruin on what used to be a great character.

Granted, she's nowhere near as bad as she was last season, but I hate all of the worship and praise that they give the character on the show.

Sometimes, I feel like one of the biggest reasons why I don't like Felicity's character on the show anymore is because of how her crazy ass fans have really pressured the Marc and Company to ruin on what used to be a great character.

Granted, she's nowhere near as bad as she was last season, but I hate all of the worship and praise that they give the character on the show.

Ya, one of the biggest fan panderings I've ever seen.. Might even be the biggest IMO, given that she was originally suppose to be in one or two episodes in Season 1 and now the show has basically become the Felicity and Green Arrow show.

Should have left well enough alone and kept her in that S1/S2 role.

Kind of hoping Slade comes back and stabs her in the face.

[NZ accent]"Hey there kid, came back just in time to save ya show and mayke ya lyyfe misrable."[/NZ accent]

Just for clarity's sake, he clicked the "share" button like he does for every Arrow article. ComicBookResources wrote the "Felicity's Friends" headline.

Don't tell 'em that man, hate and paranoia needs to eat too! :cwink:

Kind of hoping Slade comes back and stabs her in the face.

[NZ accent]"Hey there kid, came back just in time to save ya show and mayke ya lyyfe misrable."[/NZ accent]
the thing is Manu Bentte is quite busy on the show shannara chronicles well until his druid elf character Alonon with the collapsing tech blade dies and they start show the current main characters of the show offspring. or til he gets a break off that show . it's been airing where I at on the MTv channel.

Wasn't he confirmed to return for an episode this season?

Wasn't he confirmed to return for an episode this season?
If he was I haven't seen it . I'll look but I don't think it was in any of the news outlets I look at or are sent to me. not even on the hype here.

No, Stephen made a comment that we would see a Wilson but not necessarily Slade Wilson.

My guess who the "Wilson" is either Adeline Wilson (Darhk wife Rue) or Alex (Thea girlfriend, Joe Wilson). He said he will be fighting the Wilson but that could interept fighting for the mayor seat not a physical fight?

Katie Cassidy and Emily Bett Rickards interview with IGN [YT]watch?v=G2UCZ8jpgcw[/YT]

I am guessing from the interview. Shadowspire in the present day is not over and will be active for the remaining episode. It possible they join forces with HIVE take down a mutual enemy in Oliver Queen and the Green arrow

just saw this tonight

I just leaving it at that seeing there are two shows on the CW on the chopping block. but River dale (the Archie show) is likely to replace that show Reign and if the Originals the spin off from vampire diaries dies off... there room cause Geoff said this below.

but now Idi put this up I'll go silent and just wait and how things play out it's better to let that all go it's course and see if it's possible and I'd rather not wild up others .

And bat man should have to show up be consider the be all in this universe seeing he wasn't absolute top of the food chain of martial artists in the book he was in the top ten but he wasn't in the number one spot. in the arrow verse thing's have played out differently bat man could have just stayed to Gotham and isn't likely to ever show up.

it'll be interesting if there's a chance have these character and not ever show batman it'll be cool to have oracle work side by side with felicity Ahem over watch.

the name of oracle was taken I know other wrote it off as joke, but it'll be it'll be interesting if it was more then that. Again there no need for bat man to show up .

Comic Book Resources

10 hrs ·

"It’s a huge piece of DC," says Geoff Johns, "and we have plans.”

DC Entertainment Still Has Plans For Live-Action "Titans"
Although TNT passed on a Teen Titans drama, Geoff Johns suggests that may not be the end for the project.

Although TNT passed on a live-action drama based on DC Comics' "Teen Titans," we may not have seen the last of the project.
Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment's chief creative officer, told TVLine the company had known about TNT's decision "months and months and months" before the announcement. What's more, DC appears undaunted.

“We have plans for 'Titans,'” Johns said. “It’s a huge piece of DC, and we have plans.”

The first details of a potential "Titans" drama surfaced in September 2014 with reports that Akiva Goldsman and Mark Haimes had been tapped to write a pilot that would include such characters as Dick Grayson, Starfire and Raven.

COMIC BOOK RESOURCES

It more than likely Teen titan will be a movie instead of a tv show

It more than likely Teen titan will be a movie instead of a tv show
True dat. but they are better off with a tv show then a movie and it'll make the net work producer of TNT look stupid , if it takea off successful wise. and after the cw passed on super girl which they admitted to was a big mistake....

I could see a Teen Titan show connected to the movie that is 6 to 10 episode set between movies. This way you can directly reference batman and the big JL member. It probably make sense to do this on HBO

I could see a Teen Titan show connected to the movie that is 6 to 10 episode set between movies. This way you can directly reference batman and the big JL member. It probably make sense to do this on HBO
Hmmm. I'm not sure if HBO's net work producer will see it any differently from the TNT one. Alot of them are afraid to take that chance's, if they aren't a fan of that thing them selves these days and sadly this is why alot of cool shows that are ORIGINAL started to do their own things or head to the web and other stuff that are similar to places like net flix's and youtube ETC and then they(Net work tv heads ) complain which is even more hilarious.

oh and this was clarified by Newsarama via their face book

Newsarama

10 hrs ·

Where would you like to see the TITANS TV show end up, and what would it look like?

WARNER BROS. Has Plans for TITANS On TV Despite TNT Cancellation
Don't count out the Teen Titans' live-action aspirations just yet.

Although TNT has officially abandoned the planned Titanslive action series, DC Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns said there's plans afoot to revive the project.

“We [at DC] have known about [Turner nixing Titans] for months and months and months. That’s not new news to us," Johns, who coincidentally wrote the Teen Titans series for a time, tells TVLine. “We have plans for Titans. It’s a huge piece of DC and we have plans.”

Johns didn't disclose those plans, but it's worth noting that DC has successfully revived projects in the past -- Supergirl was originally pitched to the CW to join The Flash and Arrow but was passed on, only to later find success at CBS.
Warner Bros. already has one major Teen Titans projects in

NEWSARAMA.COM

this is the problem the networks producers have their own agenda's and they have their own shows that they'd like to push personally and make names for them selves.

They are likely to pass on this and when some one show's them other wise they get jealous, they are better off with some one they (Warner bro's) own's them selves which would be the smart move or with something similar to Net flix's, if not their own tv net work.

And they don't get screwed over like what was done with Constantine and they can put up the show in the same way they want like what with marvel and net flix's they'd have more control and have put up original things to a degree. . and seeing cw is in a feud with Net flix's it's not likely for now ether. there is Sony, but if ether of the two choose to be differcult...

But I'll drop this for now.

Last edited:

Honestly, I don't get why people are all that bothered by Felicity. And of all the things to complain about last season (there were A LOT) I think she would be the very bottom of the "problem pile" so to speak. Sure, she got on Ollie's case a bit, but it was usually pretty logical. And again, she was no where near the biggest problem with how they ran last season.

And this season, she's been pretty solid. So I really don't get the issue. She has a bigger role, yeah, but so does Diggle, and I don't see people complaining about that. And honestly, I'm fine with her having a bigger role than Laurel. The writers have shown they can't write her character worth a darn, and I'm not sure Katie has the chops to make her interesting.

Felicity annoyed the hell out of me last season, but she's been good this season. I've had very few problems with her.

Honestly, I don't get why people are all that bothered by Felicity. And of all the things to complain about last season (there were A LOT) I think she would be the very bottom of the "problem pile" so to speak. Sure, she got on Ollie's case a bit, but it was usually pretty logical. And again, she was no where near the biggest problem with how they ran last season.

And this season, she's been pretty solid. So I really don't get the issue. She has a bigger role, yeah, but so does Diggle, and I don't see people complaining about that. And honestly, I'm fine with her having a bigger role than Laurel. The writers have shown they can't write her character worth a darn, and I'm not sure Katie has the chops to make her interesting.
The problem isn 't with Felicity so much as it is with the writing. The problem last season was that it felt more like a cheesy RomCom, but without the comedy, because most of the focus in the second half became about Olicity.

We lost Roy last season, but even when he was on, he was nothing more than a wallpaper in the background, until the script called for him to do something. Diggle, who was there much longer than Felicity, didn't fair too well either. After Laurel became the Canary, she still wasn't getting many scenes, and worst of all, you bring in guest characters like Katana and Ra's who both had scenes in the final episodes that seemed to focus more on encouraging Oliver and Felicity to get together.

It's not so much about which Ship you support, but rather how it is handled, and Felicity easily became a very unlikable character last season. Everything that made her fun or funny was taking away and all she did was cry or complain, which people hated on Laurel for doing in season 2. They've done much better with the balance of romance and humor this season, but that doesn't change the fact that they were clearly pandering to a particular group of viewers, and it hurt the show overall in a critical sense, and a logical sense.

I agree but what we have here is classic fanboyism, a character is vigorously beloved for a while, then they turn on them and they become the worst thing ever, something that is destroying the very fabric of space and time as well as pissing in their Wheaties. If Peggy Carter keeps making goo goo eyes with that scientist guy she'll be next to feel the wrath of nerd flim flammery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"