Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 28

Looks like no more Slade for a while again around 5 minutes...

[YT]Ia0uCMem5Lc[/YT]

So if no Slade Wilson it's almost guaranteed no Batman or even Bruce Wayne.

so...either the movie's in development or they're simply giving the character a rest.

so...either the movie's in development or they're simply giving the character a rest.

Warner Bros. is getting ready to start filming Suicide Squad 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Deathstroke shows up in SS2. Maybe that is the theme of SS2, they take on the Legion of Doom.
Who wouldn't want to see the SS take on Deathstroke, the Joker, Lex Luthor, maybe introduce Bane and Reverse Flash.

Warner Bros. is getting ready to start filming Suicide Squad 2. I wouldn't be surprised if Deathstroke shows up in SS2. Maybe that is the theme of SS2, they take on the Legion of Doom.
Who wouldn't want to see the SS take on Deathstroke, the Joker, Lex Luthor, maybe introduce Bane and Reverse Flash.

was referring to the Deathstroke solo.

That's so stupid. We wont be seeing Deathstroke until at least 2019 earliest.

was referring to the Deathstroke solo.

Yes, but Suicide Squad 2 is set to start filming next year and there is nothing set up for a Deathstroke movie. There might not even be one.

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]520897[/split]
I feel like the powers that be don't know what they want the show to be: an comic book action series, or a girl's night in romance.
On another site I just read a fan comment cheering on Olicity as "we are endgame!". I thought " wait a minute; isn't there a comic book storyline that is supposed to be endgame? Or has this show made a clean break from that?"

I feel like the powers that be don't know what they want the show to be: an comic book action series, or a girl's night in romance.
That pretty much describes all the CW shows. Flash, Supergirl, Valor, Riverdale, as well as Arrow. Legends of Tomorrow is about the only one that doesn't have much romance going on and is mostly about the action.

On another site I just read a fan comment cheering on Olicity as "we are endgame!". I thought " wait a minute; isn't there a comic book storyline that is supposed to be endgame? Or has this show made a clean break from that?"
For some people the ships are the only reason they watch the shows. I see a lot more discussion, even outright arguments and name calling over the ships than I do about the story itself or the action scenes.

Comics do have romance and shippers. Lois/Clark? Bats/Cat? BC/GA?

And just about every tv show has an "end game". Though how important that end game is to the show is different.

The only thing with the Arrowverse is, thats what makes up the majority of the vocal fandom and the writers like to actual put a lot of focus on it (then say like Buffy or Nikita)

But I dont think romance has necessarily overtaken the show screentime wise, its just what most people focus on so its reputation overtakes that online.

They've gotta knock off this embargo ****, all it results in is good shows losing good characters. The CW can't use Deathstroke anymore because the movies are using him (Joe Mags!), but the only DCEU movie in 2018 is Aquaman, which means we won't get to see Deathstroke again for at least a full year. They could at least let the CW have him until then.

^^This^^.

cool video

btw what are the budgets for the shows in the Arrowverse? because I'm curious who are the top earners per episode.

We dont know budgets but Arrow is the cheapest to produce. Amell or Melissa are probably the highest paid followed by Grant.

Why would Melissa be paid more than Grant? Because she started on CBS?

We dont know budgets but Arrow is the cheapest to produce. Amell or Melissa are probably the highest paid followed by Grant.

That makes sense. It's simply stunts and not many big sets. It's incredible all of these are filmed in Vancouver. Are there any CW shows that don't film there outside of Vampire Diaries/The Originals?

I recall reading Supergirl slashed their budget in 2 for the move to the CW.

If I guessed Amell can't be making more than 100 K an episode. I would guess the highest earners for the network are the 2 guys on Supernatural and I wanna say I read they earned like 150 K an episode. I could be way wrong.

Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-GF, and Black Lightning shoot in the US.

A big part of moving SG to CW was that they don't have to pay extra for the rights to the character like CBS did and if course it was cheaper to film in Vancouver though California started giving major tax cuts to film/tv again after it left lol.

what's crazy to me is you see shows like Stranger Things or The Crown with massive budgets. like $10 million an episode. Not really sure why the Crown is so costly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"