Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a new episode tomorrow or no because of thanksgiving week?

And here's the official description of episode 9, "Year's End".

IT’S CHRISTMAS TIME AT THE QUEEN HOUSEHOLD — Oliver (Stephen Amell) discovers that after he and his father went missing, Moira (Susanna Thompson) and Thea (Willa Holland) stopped celebrating Christmas. Determined to make up for lost time and restore a sense of normalcy to the Queen household, Oliver decides to throw the family a Christmas party.

Meanwhile, Tommy (Colin Donnell) asks Laurel (Katie Cassidy) to spend Christmas with him but she points out that Christmas was also her sister Sara’s birthday and she needs to be with her father (Paul Blackthorne). Tommy suggests changing things up might be the best way for everyone to heal but Laurel isn’t sure her father is ready for that.

Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) tells Oliver someone is murdering the people on his father’s list with arrows, which sends Oliver off to face his toughest adversary yet.

Shado?

210px-Shado02.jpg

Sounds more like Cupid.

Carrie_Cutter_007.jpg

Doubtful.

Cupid is obssesed with Oliver and his enemies.

Shado has her own personal vendetta against corrupt types.

Unless Cupid knew that Arrow is especifically targeting "The List", she would have no reason to go after its members.

Doubtful.

Cupid is obssesed with Oliver and his enemies.

Shado has her own personal vendetta against corrupt types.

Unless Cupid knew that Arrow is especifically targeting "The List", she would have no reason to go after its members.

It's only certain individuals and as such, she has a 'list' of her own. Where as the synopsis made a point to specifically note that the targets were the same as Oliver's; which was what made me think it was Cupid in the first place. Moreover, while both characters use arrows, the implication of the summary made it sound as if there was a copycat on the loose or that the crimes would be misattributed to Arrow; which again strikes me more of Cupid and Shado.

Another count against Shado is that the show would have only very recently featured Huntress; who is also the daughter of a member of organised crime who has now dishing out vigilante justice. While not exactly the same, their back stories are similar enough that I don't think the creators would deliberately want to have them both appear so close to one another.

Whoever it is, I doubt they'll reveal much about his/her backstory.

If they used Cupid, you'd think it'd be in a February episode. Are a lot of Green Arrow's villains bow users? I hope it's not Tommy

I got a feeling it's going to be Roy Harper, and this will be the start of a dynamic duo.

If they used Cupid, you'd think it'd be in a February episode. Are a lot of Green Arrow's villains bow users? I hope it's not Tommy

While named 'Cupid', I don't think there's anything particularly Valentine's Day themed about an obsessed stalker killing people in your name.

As for archery-themed villains, I think Green Arrow has a relatively high number of bow-using villains, as well as other projectile-based ones. One that leaps to mind that would almost certainly never pass PC-censorship would be the RAINBOW Archer:

200px-Albrecht_Raines_01.jpg

I now demand a nolanized rainbow archer.

Can't because that implies having colour beyond black, brown and blue onscreen. :woot:

Edit:
Batman_begins.jpg
Dark_Knight.jpg
Dark_knight_rises_poster.jpg
Inception_ver3.jpg

Anyone else picking up on a certain limitation in Nolan's colour palette?

Last edited:
and we just can't have that now can we? not realistic enough, everybody knows the color spectrum is work of fiction.

So regarding the royal flush gang, do they have all members like King, Queen, Ace, Jack and Ten....like from "Batman of the future" tv series?

Because I only see King and Ace in the promos and they look silly wearing hockey masks.

Sillier than wearing costumes inspired from the deck of play cards?

They could've just been random bank robbers who wore hockey masks with a card motif and not necessarily the Royal Flush Gang.

One of my chief complaints about The Dark Knight Rises is that Blake figures out Bruce's identity based on Bruce's fake smile. Crappy writing aside, the entire dialog belies the fact that Batman appeared shortly after Bruce's return. Few Gothamites could fund Batman's tech, which also draws attention to Wayne. Then you have the fact that when Bruce quits being Batman, he also became a recluse as Bruce Wayne. There were so manu red flags to Bruce's possible connection. Arrow took the very intelligent route when handling the matter, not only by having Ollie carry out such a plan but also by not ignoring the reality of such coincidences.

I don't agree. I think for the purpose of good TV the reveal could have waited because if the question had been asked then he had been arrested it would have made for exciting TV. Instead, what should have been a great episode seemed to be reduced to a throw away...IMO.

They could've just been random bank robbers who wore hockey masks with a card motif and not necessarily the Royal Flush Gang.

Could have but whats the fun in that, how else are a bunch DC bank robbers gonna be used outside of cartoon & comics. I thought their first introduction was fine I doubt it will be their last. The kid seems pretty intent on getting set for life.

Last edited:
IT’S CHRISTMAS TIME AT THE QUEEN HOUSEHOLD — Oliver (Stephen Amell) discovers that after he and his father went missing, Moira (Susanna Thompson) and Thea (Willa Holland) stopped celebrating Christmas. Determined to make up for lost time and restore a sense of normalcy to the Queen household, Oliver decides to throw the family a Christmas party.

Meanwhile, Tommy (Colin Donnell) asks Laurel (Katie Cassidy) to spend Christmas with him but she points out that Christmas was also her sister Sara’s birthday and she needs to be with her father (Paul Blackthorne). Tommy suggests changing things up might be the best way for everyone to heal but Laurel isn’t sure her father is ready for that.

Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) tells Oliver someone is murdering the people on his father’s list with arrows, which sends Oliver off to face his toughest adversary yet.

The first order of business for Thea Queen when celebrating Christmas again is to appear wrapped only in Christmas ribbon. :woot:

The first order of business for Thea Queen when celebrating Christmas again is to appear wrapped only in Christmas ribbon. :woot:

Also, this:

Oliver uncovers a mysterious pile white powder while snooping around his sister's bedroom.

Thea:
"It's... snow. Yes. It's just heat-resistant snow. I swear!"

:D

The original plot was Oliver killing a whole bunch of children after getting his list mixed up with Santa's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"