Arrow Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're really playing up Felicity's hotness this season, or so it seems. Diggle and Slade look awesome as always. I like the look of Thea and Roy. I'm kind of bummed that Shado isn't on the poster, I really liked her in Season 1.

Posters cool and Felicity looks smoking

Reading over the last few pages, I hate how so many people seem to think that Flash getting a TV show before a film is a curse. If anything, these are great news for the character. The truth is that superheroes will always work better in TV shows than in live-action films. Sure that there are budget issues that films don't have but if budget wouldn't be a problem (and it shouldn't be a huge problem with a character like the Flash IMO), TV would always be a better place for superheroes than movies.

The reason for this is because superheroes were specifically created to have ongoing story arcs with ongoing character development and many different villains for the protagonist to battle. It is a lot easier to translate that concept to a TV show than to a movie due to each film being restricted to 2 - 3 hours of footage. Make it a trilogy and you have 6 - 9 hours of footage. That would be half of a single season right there.

It is no coincidence that the adaptations that are often considered by fans to be the best adaptations of a character are often TV shows instead of movies (Batman TAS, Spectacular Spider-Man, X-Men TAS, Avengers EMH, JL/JLU, etc.).

Also, Flash is getting a TV show and a film. So I don't see the problem.

THE FILM has not been confirmed at all and I'd say the announcement of a TV show will have pushed that to the back burner.

So, does anyone know if eventually they will call him Green Arrow (or at least Arrow)? IMO, calling him the "Hood" or the "Vigilante" is just as lame as calling Clark Kent in Smallville the "Blur".

So, does anyone know if eventually they will call him Green Arrow (or at least Arrow)? IMO, calling him the "Hood" or the "Vigilante" is just as lame as calling Clark Kent in Smallville the "Blur".

Watch the SDCC sizzle reel for the answer to that

o36e.jpg

Felicity stepping to the fore and looking Smoaking :-)awesome:) while doing it! However where are her glasses?

Glasses are for the uglies, Hunter. God, didn't She's All That teach you ANYTHING? :o

Episode 2.06 of Arrow will be called "Keep Your Enemies Closer"

This episode will see the introduction of recurring character Amanda Waller who is an agent of A.R.G.U.S. who sends out a team to kidnap Diggle.

Source: SpoilerTV

Episode 2.06 of Arrow will be called "Keep Your Enemies Closer"

This episode will see the introduction of recurring character Amanda Waller who is an agent of A.R.G.U.S. who sends out a team to kidnap Diggle.

Source: SpoilerTV

Just wanna point out that they've been wrong before, especially when it comes to Arrow.

THE FILM has not been confirmed at all and I'd say the announcement of a TV show will have pushed that to the back burner.

When the TV show news came out, THR said that a script was being written for a feature film of The Flash with Greg Berlanti on the helm.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/flash-series-arrow-producers-works-595486

Warner Bros has not confirmed there's a film in development. Scripts are always been written doesn't mean they're gonna make the film. Look at all the abandoned Superman scripts or Green Arrow Supermax or even Goyers Flash script or the Justice League scripts. Film studios always announce projects that never even get developed beyond an announcement too.

I really don't see them doing a TV show where he's in full costume and a film. The only reason it worked for Smallville was because that was a show pre-costume whereas Superman Returns was a Superman that had been Superman for a number of years.

Warner Bros has not confirmed there's a film in development. Scripts are always been written doesn't mean they're gonna make the film. Look at all the abandoned Superman scripts or Green Arrow Supermax or even Goyers Flash script or the Justice League scripts. Film studios always announce projects that never even get developed beyond an announcement too.

I really don't see them doing a TV show where he's in full costume and a film. The only reason it worked for Smallville was because that was a show pre-costume whereas Superman Returns was a Superman that had been Superman for a number of years.

Which is funny because Welling is a few years older than Routh.

If R'as appears or is mentioned I hope they say his name correctly after the whole Batman Begins fiasco.

If R'as appears or is mentioned I hope they say his name correctly after the whole Batman Begins fiasco.
Ra's name can be pronounced correctly either way, so there was nothing wrong with Nolan's version.

Glasses are for the uglies, Hunter. God, didn't She's All That teach you ANYTHING? :o

Nonsense! That movie completely goes against the well known hot Librarian legends! :mad:

If you went by this poster alone, you wouldn't think that Laurel was supposed to be the female lead of the show and that Felicity was, let alone the leading lady of Oliver's life at the moment.

Laurel's look in the poster even gives off a villain-like feeling.

There's been some info coming out about Katie Cassidy over the last couple months anyway. Common consensus seems to be she's a real piece of work, and won't be in the show much longer. That's why they've bought in Black Canary as a different person, and that's why Felicity is being bought forward more. They'll get rid of Laurel soon enough. Whether she goes away and comes back recasted, or just gets killed off, who knows.

If you follow any of them on twitter you'll see that Stephen Amell, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, and Colton Haynes all get on really well and hang out together, but you never hear or see anything of them with Katie Cassidy.

It's a shame, because Laurel (Dinah...) could be a cool character, but an actress (who let's be honest isn't that great) with ego issues has kinda screwed it up.

There's been some info coming out about Katie Cassidy over the last couple months anyway. Common consensus seems to be she's a real piece of work, and won't be in the show much longer. That's why they've bought in Black Canary as a different person, and that's why Felicity is being bought forward more. They'll get rid of Laurel soon enough. Whether she goes away and comes back recasted, or just gets killed off, who knows.

If you follow any of them on twitter you'll see that Stephen Amell, Willa Holland, Emily Bett Rickards, and Colton Haynes all get on really well and hang out together, but you never hear or see anything of them with Katie Cassidy.

It's a shame, because Laurel (Dinah...) could be a cool character, but an actress (who let's be honest isn't that great) with ego issues has kinda screwed it up.

That sounds like a bunch of rumor mongering bs by people who hate Laurel and want Oliver to end up with Felicity. If they wanted to get rid of Laurel she would have been killed in the Undertaking . If they wanted to recast she would have been injured and needed plastic surgery. That is just common sense.

man, the photochop is really bad in that poster. didn't pick up on the shafting of Laurel till now, but you guys are right, the main female lead is dumped in the back of the poster and the new girl who was only meant to be around for two SCENES is front and centre. I hope we don't see Felicity switch to contacts in the show, the glasses were part of the character (i did like the touch they had of her switching to contacts when she went undercover) IMHO.

some of the reports and reveals for Season two are very interesting.

When is Season one coming out on DVD/BluRay?

You know it's obvious that Felicity's popularity caught them by surprise and they are riding the wave. but firing Cassidy might be a stretch. add the new Canary and it's obvious there's a behind the scenes story here.

You know it's obvious that Felicity's popularity caught them by surprise and they are riding the wave. but firing Cassidy might be a stretch. add the new Canary and it's obvious there's a behind the scenes story here.

Not necessarily. It's like it's been said before, there was a different Arrow at the beginning of the series, there were two Merlyns to potentially become Oliver's nemesis, two different guys wearing the Deathstroke mask... another Canary implies nothing about Cassidy's future on this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"