Arrow Arrow S3 E1 The Calm

Human Torch

Avenger
Reaction score
In the aftermath of his victory, Season Three opens with The Arrow now a hero to the citizens of Starling. Crime is down, people feel safer, and Captain Lance even calls off the Anti-Vigilante Task Force. Basking in his success, Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity out on a date. But the second Oliver takes his eye off the ball, a deadly villain reappears in Starling, forcing Oliver to realize that he can never be Oliver Queen – not as long as the city needs The Arrow.

With crime in Starling City at an all-time low thanks to The Arrow and his team, Oliver thinks he can finally balance being both the Arrow and Oliver Queen and asks Felicity out on a date. However, when a new villain emerges, who has claimed the name Vertigo from the recently deceased Count, Oliver is caught off-guard and someone close to him is hurt. Oliver and a newly suited up Roy take on the Count. Meanwhile, Diggle becomes a father, Quentin is promoted to Captain, Laurel joins Team Arrow and Felicity gets a part-time job at a tech store to make ends meet. Also, Oliver fights to regain his company, Queen Consolidated, but comes up against a very worthy opponent – the charming Ray Palmer.

I get that the Arrow is now gonna be seen as a hero and all...but he still murdered people lol. Think that will ever get addressed or no?

Possibly. Although I can buy the cops saying "well most of the people he killed probably deserved it anyway and he's saved the city TWICE, so we won't look into it too much." Sort of like how the NYPD (or at least the rank and file officers/detectives) is often depicted as being reluctant to really go after the Punisher (and at points even actively aid him) because they largely agree with what he's doing. Also as cool as it is to see Ray "welcome to pain" Palmer, the fact that the nonsensical "Oliver lost his company in a way that shows that the showrunners have no idea how the stock market actually works" thing is going to be a major plotline is kind of meh.

the footage we've seen so far makes this look like the best episode ever.

it's crazy how much difference in quality there was between the season 1 premiere and the season 2 premiere, and the intention is for s3 to be even better than s2, i have very high hopes for this season

Season 2 was probably the best season of television I've ever seen. I hope season 3 exceeds somehow.

Peter Stormare... always a treat to watch...

wow, Felicity really looks smoakin' when she lets her hair down...

Awkward date... :D
OK, it's actually kind of sentimental. I like it.

I noticed he said that he chose to come back, which might be the first time that was explicitly acknowledged.

Dang Routh should've been Ted Kord.

Superman is now Ray Palmer, LOL...

Anyone else see the Ferris Air logo above the ring?

Ray Palmer is really f'ing tall! Makes it work given his presumed future, but I stand by my point.

Oh come on, I swear to God if they kill her off for just that...

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?!?!?!

They didn't really do that did they ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"