Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 1 "City of Heroes" Discussion Thread

At first I didn't like Harper, thought he was a tool but I've really warmed up to him. Hope he dons the red this season. Is Nightwing still making an appearance this season?

Where have you heard this?

Then again, it was a green arrow he was contemplating, if they meant it to be just Arrow, they might have just had it be a steel color. (am I overthinking this?,LOL)
I'd like it to be GA, but I can live with just "Arrow".

Aren't all of his arrows green?

Solid season premiere indeed. Felicity looking good as always.
Did not like the Canary fight and for some reason they used a body double for Roy and it looked really out of place.
Looking forward to next week.

Well, he did fail to save Tommy from that building. If she were thinking rationally, then I'd agree that it would feel forced. But when people are filled with grief, regret, and sorrow, they often don't think clearly. It's not that hard to buy.

Even grieving and with clouded judgment it doesn't make a lick of sense. Tommy died trying to rescue her, while the Hood tried to stop a plan that was 5 years in the making. The destruction of the Glades was always going to happen, with or without the Hood's sudden appearance. And Tommy died because he loved her, even though she couldn't keep her pants on. There was no Tommy being caught between crossfires.

Kinda tepid reactions around here.I mean,I expected 5 or 6 pages by now.:huh:

Why, because they both have light colored hair and wore black? I honestly didn't feel that they looked too similar at all. Especially when you got a good look at Canary. She looked just like she is supposed to. Awesome rack and all.

I just meant someone not really following the online spoilers would probably think it was China White with a somewhat different costume and mask.But the Canary looked good to me.I'm pleased.

They went overboard with Felicity in this episode. When team Arrow was together Diggle barely got to talk because of her.

I think Laurel may regret saving her boss's life down the road(that guy looked ready to shoot him before she punched him out) I just get the evil minion of Blood vibe from his scenes in the promos.

Did Quentin smile when the Hood said he was trying a different way?

The island stuff was so dark I could hardly see anything of the Shado rescue.

The writers should have come up with a better reason for Laurel to be after the Hood.

7/10

Did Quentin smile when the Hood said he was trying a different way?

Didn't look like it to me. It was more the face of a man who didn't know what to think.

I'm waiting to see if she'll be able to bring more nuance to her character. I know she was set up as one who doesn't express much emotion, and I was fine with the performance she gave, but she'll have to find a way to subtly convey some of the character's inner thoughts if she doesn't want to be considered wooden/robotic.

Oh my God, I was so happy at the end when Ollie said he didn't want to be called the hood anymore! That's been one of my biggest gripes with the show and I can't wait to for everyone to start calling him Arrow or Green Arrow. Now they just need to stop sending Quentin to every single crime scene. It's like he's one of only four cops in the city.

I think Oliver will be dropping off his catches on Quentin's beat. He probably blames himself for Quentin's demotion and would like to help him out.

Just caught it on my DVR. Great episode. Love seeing the new storylines unfold. Agree with most, Thea and Moira are still a bit boring, but there wasn't much screentime with them. But man did I miss having the Diggs, Felicity and Oliver together on screen. Excited to see how the season plays out.

And the end with Oliver looking at the "green arrow"....YES!

Really good finale. I was not expecting the Black Canary at the end. Laurel's hair is more blond than last season.

There's a lot to say. I'll have to give the premiere another watch. :D

anyone catch the star labs reference in the first few minutes?

Great start! Really enjoyed it. Hope they can keep it up to that level for the rest of the season.

I've often wondered why the writers changed the name Star City to Starling City. Perhaps they felt that the average viewer may think that STAR labs was in Star City? I believe there was a few STAR Labs around the DCU and I can't recall if one has been mentioned in Starling last season. Anyone remember?

Time to watch season 1 again me'thnks.

Kinda tepid reactions around here.I mean,I expected 5 or 6 pages by now.:huh:

Arrow has it's own section unlike most shows. So I guess the Black Canary stuff went to the Canary thread, the Slade stuff to the Deathstroke thread, the Flash easter eggs to the Flash thread, and more of the main discussion spread to the main thread. I guess.

I hope they keep Oliver and Laurel away from each other romantically for at least the remainder of the season because I'm not sure if I cant stomach another "reconciliation" scene between them after having so many fall-outs and makeups between them already.

I hope they keep Oliver and Laurel away from each other romantically for at least the remainder of the series because I'm not sure if I cant stomach another "reconciliation" scene between them after having so many fall-outs and makeups between them already.

Fixed.

Great premiere and a strong start. Glad to have this back on.

I'm still thinking that Summer Glau will turn out to be the mystery woman that Fryer's was working for on the island five years ago.

I really enjoyed the first new episode, it set Ollie, Thea, Moira, Laurel and Roy off in new directions for the season, plus it introduced the new villain Isabel Rochev and Black Canary.

On top of that he copycats storyline worked well and delivered some good action scenes.

As for the island, it looks like pirates have arrived, loved that reveal shot of the ship out in the waters. I also sensed some tension from Slade over Shado.

Overall, really enjoyed the episode. Too much good stuff to mention, but loving the early nod the Particle Accelerator and STAR labs.

On the opposite end of things, Arrow still seems to have the same weird issues from the first season though, ones which others have mentioned previously. The editing is really weird in places. Some scenes have such little room to breath. Like in production and filming they weren't given as much time and attention as other scenes. Still not enough to detract from the overall quality though :up:

Even grieving and with clouded judgment it doesn't make a lick of sense. Tommy died trying to rescue her, while the Hood tried to stop a plan that was 5 years in the making. The destruction of the Glades was always going to happen, with or without the Hood's sudden appearance. And Tommy died because he loved her, even though she couldn't keep her pants on. There was no Tommy being caught between crossfires.

I think her reasoning not making the most sense is deliberate on the show's part. She's grieving. It's not supposed to be a rational process.

Plus, she said it herself how she feels guilty over her relationship with Tommy and how it's too late to make amends because he's dead. Well, 'avenging his death' would help with that. Basically, she's scapegoating the Vigilante in order to find a way to assuage her own guilty conscience.

8 for me, thought it looked better visually as well, only problem is he didn't drop those hoods,

9/10

I like that Tommy dying actually effected his character in a major way. Him wanting to honor Tommy by not killing anymore is a step in the right direction. I wonder how long it will be before Roy gets involved with the team, and how long before Oliver learns about Black Canary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"