Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 11 "Blind Spot" Discussion/Review Thread

I thought the episode was ok.

I'm not a lawyer, but did that really count as self defense? Because I was all, "Daaaayyyuummm, Laurel!"

Great episode! I don't know what training school the bad cop went to but either he spent more time training, had better instructors or more natural aptitude. He looked young and got the upper hand on Oliver, so I am leaning to the 2nd or 3rd explanations.

I'm not a lawyer, but did that really count as self defense? Because I was all, "Daaaayyyuummm, Laurel!"

At least she got to save Oliver this time. :woot:

Sonuvagun! I don't have cable! I want to know what happened!

To be honest,I think this episode struck me much the way last week struck everyone else.It's pretty much a potboiler.None of the plot was really advanced.If anything,Laurel's character takes another step back,after being on the right track.I'm thankful she's out of the DA's office finally,though.Hopefully she'll be back to the crusading "do-gooder" of the first season.(I'm guessing we're not far from BC territory at this point.)

The action continues to be top notch.I really liked seeing Arrow & Laurel in action in the records office and against "Brother Blood".(As soon as Laurel shot him,I figured it was Daly)

The flashback's were good.I'm glad they gave Sara & Ollie some decent time alone.We really had little to base their relationship on.

The Roy stuff was alright.I really enjoy his portrayal of the character.I'm really looking forward to seeing the beginning of their partnership next week.(Roy vs Bronze Tiger- Sweet!:woot::woot:)

8/10

Yeah,I thought that too.Getting shot in the back and then multiple times in the front doesn't quite qualify,I think.

While it is great that Slade has finally become Deathstroke that we know and love, I have to say that the first Deathstroke looks more serious and dangerous
arrow-deathstroke.jpg

Yeah,agreed.

Deathstroke, beeeeyoootches!!!!!!!!

While I was a bit let down that we didn't get more Deathstroke...I really loved this week's episode.

The episode was very twisty and turny but it all wrapped up nicely. I liked what they did with Roy, showing him breaking down mentally. Laurel had a strong showing this week, they are tearing her down for a strong build back up I hope.

The way this season ends is going to be insane. Both Deathstroke and Blood....while we know Ra's and the League is looming as well, althought that is probably another season.

Poor Ollie. Great for us.

I am absolutely salivating for the Arrow/Deathstroke throw down in complete costumes....it's going to be comicgasm.

The acting is just so damn good in this series. There isn't a single weak character in the main cast, to me.

Last edited:
I just noticed the hospital Blood's mom was at was called Saint Walker's...Saint Walker is a Blue Lantern

I'm not a lawyer either, but he was about to kill Oliver, he was waving a gun around, and he had already attacked both of them, I'm pretty sure she would be legally in the clear. It wasn't nearly as bad as
season 2 of 24 when Jack had his daughter shoot a guy clearly injured lying on the ground in "self defense"

I'm not a lawyer either, but he was about to kill Oliver, he was waving a gun around, and he had already attacked both of them, I'm pretty sure she would be legally in the clear. It wasn't nearly as bad as
season 2 of 24 when Jack had his daughter shoot a guy clearly injured lying on the ground in "self defense"

well she was kidnapped

Deathstroke was amazing. I don't mean to open a can of worms but DC would just be dumb to ignore Amell and this world while crafting the DCCU it just needs to happen and this episode convinces me of that.

I just noticed the hospital Blood's mom was at was called Saint Walker's...Saint Walker is a Blue Lantern

Good catch. I loved the opening scene with Blood. Can't wait for Ollie to train Roy. Also Sin wore that skimpy outfit well, I really like Sin.

What drove them to spoil Deathstroke a week ago though I will never understand. My mind would've surely been blown away had I not anticipated it. And although it was amazing to see him in action, I cheered more at Roy's "when do we start" That was the better episode finisher due to Deathstroke being spoiled.

While it is great that Slade has finally become Deathstroke that we know and love, I have to say that the first Deathstroke looks more serious and dangerous

Gotta disagree. Slade looks great and is pretty much exactly how I wanted him. Plus metal mask! :woot:

At least she got to save Oliver this time. :woot:

Hahaha, yeah.

Yeah,I thought that too.Getting shot in the back and then multiple times in the front doesn't quite qualify,I think.

I thought it was going to be the standard one shot and the bad guy is stopped type of thing. But, then they had her keep going.

Maybe. I never got around to watching the earlier seasons of 24.

They cut a deal with her. They would drop the possession charges and call the shooting self defense if Laurel resigned as assistant DA. You never know now, she may even get disbarred.

They cut a deal with her. They would drop the possession charges and call the shooting self defense if Laurel resigned as assistant DA. You never know now, she may even get disbarred.

I assume that's where they're taking her drug issue storyline.

That was a ***** move that Laurel pulled on her own sister if the latter's story was true.

The Young Justice trio continues to be awesome.

They actually managed to make me have no complaints about Laurel, for a 3rd time in the row. She finally starts to be useful, but of course no one believes her because she's become a drug addicted mess. But they introduced the bit with Laurel being a boyfriend stealing *****, even though she knew Sara had a crush on him. I'm hoping they introduced that, in order to have Sara eventually end up as his true love. But I don't mind if they get there years later, both of them have too much baggage to sort through.

Roy's story was great, and I'm so unbelievably glad they didn't decide to kill off Sin early on. They all work well together, and I need my Mini Team Arrow.

Slade was badass to the core. I still need to see a better shot of the mask, but he was a beast when he took down those 3 bodyguards in seconds.

Great Episode. Definitely an easy 8/10.

Last edited:
I never expected to enjoy Roy's journey as much as I do, especially after the Mirakuru injection but the truth is it's kinda fun really.

I wonder if he'll manage to control his emotions through Oliver's training, and they don't purge his system off the Mirakuru after all. Then I guess they skip the whole Red Arrow part, and make him a different Hero. If he keeps the Mirakuru, I want to see him become Guardian.

I liked the episode, but the entire Laurel plot felt... Off, felt forced.

I really liked the scenes with Roy, Thea and Sin, those three work well together on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"