Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 20 : "Seeing Red" Rate and Review Thread

Ok, I can't wait to see Merlyn come back know. He may not have been Moira's biggest fan after the whole "selling me out to the LOA" thing, but I can't imagine that he'll be happy with Slade killing her. Or even if he is, he'll be pissed that Slade kidnapped/threatened his daughter AGAIN. As for Moira knowing that Oliver was GA, I actually suspected that she did as far back as the season 1 finale. Oh and Sara is definitely going to call Nyssa.

One of the best episodes of the series so far, and it felt pretty light on the action.

Eh,I doubt she's seeking Nyssa.Last time she saw her,she threatened to kill her mother.Doesn't really make sense if she's looking for someone to bring the "good" out of her.

"I looked into the eyes of the devil and I gave him my soul"

I hope i'm right in thinking that wasn't some metaphor and that she was talking about Ra's. Although would have preferred "eyes of the demon" if she was talking about him.

Damn, you guys all watched it quick. Suck to be in Cali timezone. Always stuck watching last.

Bloody hell... They are definitely motoring along here... Seriously felt longer than it was.

Moira knew? Don't remember if they left any subtle clues around earlier this season to point to this, but I was kinda worried when she said she knew.... Then when the 'CHOICE' happened... It was obvious...

Slade is ****ed, pure and simple. There's no way he's surviving the season.

Loved the really creepy audio they played over Roy's scenes.

That ending was great, as was the scene earlier where she told Oliver, "she knew".

Also this is not Marvel, pretty sure she will not magically just come back after being gutted.

10$ say the chick is Talia and the baby is...........

....Damian QUEEN!.....

StarTrek-mindblown.gif

That was one of the best episodes of any comic-book tv show, or hour of a comic-book hero ever.

I love when we get to see bts of heroes and their craziness; ala the hospital scene, the Arrowcave stuff while Oli was hurt, and his Moira knowing the truth.

Thats the good thing about superhero shows, you get to see them as ordinary people since they arent suited up 24/7 like they basically are in comics.

That ending was great, as was the scene earlier where she told Oliver, "she knew".

Also this is not Marvel, pretty sure she will not magically just come back after being gutted.

Sara, Deadshot, and Malcolm say hello.

Great episode. Wasn't expecting that ending. is this the first episode without an island flashback? Also do you think maybe Merlyn shows up and helps take out Slade? Could it be that Sara knows him since both were associated with the LoA and are not exactly on speaking terms with them anymore?

Fantastic episode, I loved the Roy Hulk stuff, I was sure Thea would talk him down but he seemed to have merely a flicker of himself until Sara shot him and suddenly Roy poked through the red mist. I am interested to see where he goes from here given the dead cop.

It was also cool to know that the side effects of Mirakuru is to see hot chicks that give you bad ideas, it's not just a Slade thing.

The kid stuff is out of the blue and will no doubt be revisited, I'm interested to know who the mom is as I'm guessing she'll be a DC character.

Sara's choice to leave and split with Ollie was a bit abrupt and yet felt natural at the same time, I think it's an interesting opportunity to do more with her. I'm guessing the old friend is Nyssa.

Susanna Thompson was excellent in both the present and flashback scenes, the way it all tied together Moira's love for her two children only made the moment where Slade filleted her even more devastating. I also loved the way Amell's body language conveys what a different person Ollie is pre and post Island, just a totally different presence.

Slade...damn, he just went to another level. We knew a "choice" scene was coming (didn't expect Thea/Moira) and I had a feeling something bad was gonna happen when Ollie, Moira and Thea were talking truth in the limo. Still, I was half expecting the Dark Archer to make the save. :(

Slade says one more person has to die, whoever it is my guess is Ollie stops him this time, he has to or it's utter defeat even if he kills Slade.

Last edited:
Slade is ****ed, pure and simple. There's no way he's surviving the season.

This season is about how he can't be the killer he once was. And he tried to kill Slade once before. Given this, I don't think he'll kill him.

is this the first episode without an island flashback?

Diggle had an Afghanistan flashback and I seem to recall Sarah having a pre-island one as well (although it was leading to the island).

Fantastic episode, I loved the Roy Hulk stuff, I was sure Thea would talk him down but he seemed to have merely a flicker of himself until Sara shot him and suddenly Roy poked through the red mist. I am interested to see where he goes from here given the dead cop.

It was also cool to know that the side effects of Mirakuru is to see hot chicks that give you bad ideas, it's not just a Slade thing.

The kid stuff is out of the blue and will no doubt be revisited, I'm interested to know who the mom is as I'm guessing she'll be a DC character.

Sara's choice to leave and split with Ollie was a bit abrupt and yet felt natural at the same time, I think it's an interesting opportunity to do more with her. I'm guessing the old friend is Nyssa.

Susanna Thompson was excellent in both the present and flashback scenes, the way it all tied together Moira's love for her two children only made the moment where Slade filleted her even more devastating. I also loved the way Amell's body language conveys what a different person Ollie is pre and post Island, just a totally different presence.

Slade...damn, he just went to another level. We knew a choice scene was coming (didn't expect Thea/Moira) and I had a feeling something bad was gonna happen when Ollie, Moira and Thea were talking truth in the limo. Still, I was half expecting the Dark Archer to make the save. :(

Slade says one more person has to die, whoever it is my guess is Ollie stops him this time, he has to or it's utter defeat even if he kills Slade.

Pretty much sums up the episode. How many left in the season?

As for that baby, I think the general consensus here is that it'll be Connor Hawke.

ConnorHawkeGAV2102.jpg

I don't think he'll show up right away though. Maybe a future story line to save for later?

HOLY. ****. Did I just watch a movie or a television episode? Because it felt like a goddamn movie! I'm still tensed up from the ending, I was on the edge of my seat the entirety of those last ten minutes! Okay, deep breath, deep breath. Now....

The flashbacks: A very interesting sequence, but these writers never put in flashbacks that don't mean anything (and I'll get to that at the end of my review). The fact that Oliver is a father (and he doesn't know.... yet) will definitely be an interesting twist to see them play out. We'll definitely see this storyline play out since they said they'd be laying the foundations for Season 3 in these final four episodes. Oh, sidenote: I'm pretty sure the woman we saw in the flashbacks is the one in those pics from the funeral (that we now know is Moira's) that someone posted over in the General Discussion thread.

Roy: This was interesting to see, since we hadn't quite seen Roy having hallucinations as of yet like Slade has had. It gave us more of a look into how the Mirakuru twists the minds of those injected with it, and now I'm certain there is no way that Blood doesn't have it in him as well, since there's no way he could have an army that follows him... unless Slade is planning to kil him after Starling is theirs. Then that makes sense.... oh, right, I was supposed to be talking about Roy. Let's see..... okay, I'll be honest. I got nothing I can really say about him for now. This wasn't Roy, in the end; it was the Mirakuru running Roy on auto-pilot.

Moira's Knowledge: Okay, I didn't see that coming, but honestly I'm glad they had her know. She's far too cunning to not realize that her son is spewing ********, especially after the way he talked before leaving her in the mansion the afternoon of the Undertaking. It gives the entire press conference and her willingness to stay in prison a whole new perspective, to me, as it sort of is a dark mirror to Quentin's decision in the previous episode. But, goddamn it, couldn't Slade have waited just five seconds more so Oliver could know his more-sane, cunning enemy (as opposed to his bat**** cunning enemy) is still alive?

Okay. Now the major thing. We all predicted that at some point Slade would make Oliver choose like on the Island. But pretty much everyone in the forums I visited thought it would be Sara and/or Laurel and one of the Queen ladies, not just the Queen ladies. Thea is now aware that Oliver wasn't alone on the Island, even if she hasn't quite connected the whole 'Oliver is the Arrow' bit of this quite yet (I bet she gets it by the time Papa Merlyn shows up). Moira making the choice instead of Oliver was admirable, and fitting for a mother. A mother would never let her children die if she can make sure they both live. Honestly, as soon as they had the whole focus on Oliver, Thea, and Moira in the limo, I knew something was gonna happen. But I sort of thought it would just be a Mirakuru assassin who had orders to take Moira out, nothing more. I did not expect what happened, and as I type this, my muscles are STILL TENSE from what happened. These writers KNOW HOW TO EFFING KEEP US ON THE EDGE OF OUR SEATS!

Thoughts going forward: as I said above, the writers rarely introduce a new storyline without a reason, and it looks like the baby mommy is at the funeral if I'm remembering those Instagram pics right. So, when Slade says 'there is still one left to die', I can't help but picture the kid being a possibility as a focus on his rage (which would fit with the finale title of "unthinkable" since young kids generally don't get put in those situations in today's TV/films). Barring the baby storyline (the kid would be six in the present, BTW, since the Mom was pregant seven years earlier), I don't think Sara's the one. If she was, Slade would've just crushed her throat in the lair since it would still put Oliver into a depression. No, there's only one person he knows Oliver obsessed over on the Island.... Laurel. But I don't think she's going to be dying (though I admit it's a possibility).

Sara was clearly heading back to Nanda Parbat, likely to return to the League but also to get help in ending Slade once and for all. Malcolm, of course, will be arriving in Episode 22, with Sara and Nyssa (and maybe even Ra's!?) coming in 23. Looking forward to the FINALE!!!!

Seriously, holy crap. This show just upped the ante in the best way possible. And damn is Slade a great villain or what?

I just have to say guys, we're living in a great time for superhero fans. AOS is finally getting it's crap together and turning into a solid superhero-connected show, and I'll be damned if Arrow hasn't upped the bar every episode this season. It started off rocky, but it has constantly improved. Even actors who I thought were rocky in the beginning have steadily become better.

Honestly, the only thing I'm worried about its...how the heck are they going to top...or even match what Slade has been doing this season? This season feels like an appropriate finale to a series, that's how good they've been writing him. I mean...DAMN! Also, kudos to the writers for not making the "choice" between Sarah or Thea like I expected. This was so much more emotionally intense. Great job by Amell for his acting in this scene also.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
gotta say i didnt see that coming!i wont spoil it for others... so all i will say is that DEATHSTROKE IS A EVIL ASS SOB!! HOLY COW!

Yeah, when I watched her and Oliver's conversation right before she revealed the Undertaking to the media back in season 1, I thought "she's too smart not to put the pieces together." Deathstroke vs. Dark Archer, this HAS to happen now. If it doesn't, then it'll will be monumentally disappointing. I think that Nyssa and the LOA might show up in the finale to battle Slade's army of super-soldiers. And I see that I wasn't the only one who thought "Connor Hawke" when it was mentioned that Oliver impregnated someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"