Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 21 : "City Of Blood" Rate and Review Thread

Laurel owned this episode she was great reaching Ollie when know one could. I definately need her to be in on team arrow next season. She can bring something unique to them a true detectives gut. It is going to be one hell of a night in Starling man they could really use a superpowered being who can run fast. Where could you find a guy like that?

[YT][/YT]
I'm sorry but Blood making a condolences letter before Moira was killed and time stamping it is just cringeworthy bad writing.

I don't see it as cringeworthy since compturs create a time stamp for everything.

Last edited:
It was cool to see him present day when they went to Russia earlier in the season.

Yeah,I hope he shows up again,present day.Ollie will probably be needing some help in the future.:woot:

Well, from what I had been hearing and seeing from previews, I thought I'd be taken on a rollercoaster which wouldn't end until the climax of the season finale. Instead I felt like I was waiting in line for a ticket for 30 minutes before finally getting in.

I'm not saying this was a bad episode or that I didn't like it, but as I said, I expected more. I mean, the scenes from the promo got me hyped, but now it turned out they were from the last minute of the episode, that's just very, very disappointing.

Anyway, I did like Laurel a lot in this episode and the scene between Oliver and Blood was great. And judging by the phone call Felicity got at the end, it seems the cure for the Mirakuru will be ready by the next episode.

I had my doubts as to Ollie telling Blood he's the Arrow.It bothered me about ten seconds before I realized it really makes no sense for him not to know at this point anyhow.Slade couldn't be bothered to tell him?

Anyone else find it interesting that Slade called Blood as his "father"?I was waiting for him to say "....Joe" at the end of the call.:wow:

I don't see it as cringeworthy since compturs create a time stamp for everything.

The SB (his initials) at the bottom of letter indicates that he personally time stamped it.

So would you rather they wasted one minute closing the letter, checking it's properties and discovering the last time it was modified to get to the same point that it was written before her death?

It's just easier to put it right in front of the letter and move the plot. Let's be honest, the majority of things they do with computers on this show is totally unrealistic, I don't see how this is any diferent of all the others unrealistic things they do....

This was a prep episode setting the stage for the finale, getting all the main players in place for the 2 part action fest that is coming. I thought Amell was excellent, his Ollie looked completely defeated and his scenes with Felicity and Digg as well as with Thea and Blood were very strong.

The one scene I thought was a bit awkward was Laurel trying to motivate Ollie, it just felt forced to me. I prefer her with her Dad investigating Blood.

Felicity the interrogator was gold! :D

The introduction of Ravager was cool and a nice little nod to her being the one that knocked Digg out that night.

So we have Digg vs Ravager, Felicity probably racing off to Central City to get the Mirakuru cure, Thea stuck in a train station with a Deathstroke soldier, Lance battling another Deathstroke soldier (where'd he hide the mask? :huh:) at the precinct and Ollie and Laurel trapped underground....Great way to set up what feels like it will be an Arrow movie played out across two eps.

I'm sorry but Blood making a condolences letter before Moira was killed and time stamping it is just cringeworthy bad writing.

Well, if you don't have the villain leave incriminating evidence on his office computer, how else are you gonna make Laurel look good?

Solid episode, that really was just a build up for what's coming. Isabel, looked good looking forward to seeing her fight.

Marvel should take notes, when somebody gets stabbed like that they get put in the ground.

I'm a little mixed with the episode.

I loved seeing Felicity be badass. The interrogation was hilarious (as was Diggle's stare n the lift). I like that they're keeping David Nykl (KGBeast is it) in the flashbacks ATM, the way he does the zingers (check out Stargate Atlantis if you wanna see more of him being snarky Human Torch). The scene between Oliver & Blood was dripping with tension.

It's a shame we couldn't have had more of this version of Angry Thea... She has kinda lost the family all it's money and her the club, so I guess karma bit her cute butt in the end.... And she still doesn't know? :whatever:

The time stamped letter was a poor way of doing it, all they had to do was have the tech guy (WHY????:csad:) have a second window that showed the file details like when it was created, having Blood put the wrong date on made him look moronic IMHO.

Laurel... Why couldn't we have had this Laurel all season and not the irritatingly badly written one we had? Apart from the inevitable stupidity of her following Oliver to the lair of the deadly bad guys, she was interesting and kinda useful. Personally, her speech to Oliver should have been done with Felicity & Diggle backing her up, but that's just me as I think it would have had more of an impact with all three teaming up against him.

I still don't see her as Canary, nor do I see any romantic crap being believable after all that's gone down between them, but I think she could become a decent legal sidekick for Oliver & Co.... Team Arrow grab the baddies, Lance arrests them and she prosecutes them...

I still don't see her as Canary, nor do I see any romantic crap being believable after all that's gone down between them, but I think she could become a decent legal sidekick for Oliver & Co.... Team Arrow grab the baddies, Lance arrests them and she prosecutes them...

I'd like that.

Well, if you don't have the villain leave incriminating evidence on his office computer, how else are you gonna make Laurel look good?

This guy gets it.

Wouldn't be the first time Blood made a mistake, Laurel just happens to the be one who finds his mistakes.

I kept on wondering if the guy Dig/Felicity kidnapped would unknowingly fund Team Arrow for the time being. Taking some of his money for them wouldn't surprise me.

This guy gets it.

They could made her press a button on a Windows tablet that makes one million dollars be transfered from one bank account to another one in the middle of the night without the owner having to give a notice to the bank, you know, something that it's totally realistic and not a stupid thing to make somebody look cool and move ahead the plot.

Man! Summer telling felicity and Diggs maybe " ollie will show up at your Funerals." that was COLDDD!!

and i freaking knew Ravager was going after Diggs! i knew she had beef with him! please oh please dont let him get killed! I am going to be mad if that happens!:cmad:
all in all it was good! i dont hate Laurel like others on here do! so i thought her showing up at the arrow cave to convince him was cool!( i dug dude had a second HQ! that was sweet!)

now i want to Roy get mad as hell that slade's henchgoons have Thea and get off that table and kick some ^&*ing ass!
I love this show!

now i want to Roy get mad as hell that slade's henchgoons have Thea and get off that table and kick some ^&*ing ass!
I love this show!

Oh, that I'd love to see. And he would probably stand a good chance too, with him just running on instinct and letting his reflexes do the job.

I'm curious to see what Merlyn's part in this is beyond protecting Thea. We already know that
Nyssa and the LOA show up to help fight off Slade's army
but will Merlyn do the same? An alliance of convenience ala Magneto in X2 perhaps? Or will he just try and kill Slade himself? Seriously, those two MUST have a confrontation at some point.

Amazing episode. I knew Laurel was gonna go get herself in trouble though.

Where did the black dude get his mask since he was brought into the police station handcuffed or was it an inside job & it was already conveniently waiting for him?

I'm watching it a second time right now but I gave it a 9. Not a lot of action, but the point of this episode was obviously more about exposition and setting the stage hopefully for a Battle Royale in the final two episodes.

As some have already commented on, Blood's condolence letter did seem iffy as a plot device. They look down and notice the time stamp April 23rd 2014 is from the day before Moira's death, but all they had to do was read the letter because the same date was in that. I freeze framed it hoping that within the text of the letter it would say April 24th, but even that was the 23rd. Pretty good episode, but not great. It would be awesome though, if for the finale CW showed the last three episodes back to back.

Btw Is Oliver constantly shooting his leg up with lidocaine, or has his leg miraculously healed? It seemed like Roy severely damaged Ollie's leg in the last episode to the point that it would take a lot of time to rehab.

Where did the black dude get his mask since he was brought into the police station handcuffed or was it an inside job & it was already conveniently waiting for him?

Just re-watched it to find out but you can't tell where it came from. Thought it might be under the back of his jacket but that didn't appear to be the case. I'm going with it being planted, and the cop that brought him in also being in on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"