Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 5 "League Of Assassins" Discussion Thread

I'm really loving this series so far. They're really upping their game from the last series. I'm glad they've got the no killing thing, purely because he seemed a HUGE hypocrite for most of the last series.

Arrow: "You got to stop killing people!"

Huntress: "but you killed like 8 people just to come and see me to tell me to stop killing people?"

Arrow: "errm.. that's different. I can do what i want I'm rich and.. err.. YOU BETRAYED THIS CITY!!!"

Loved the opening to this episode, where he has a bit of blood on his face and Felicity says its because he cut himself shaving (when he obviously has FULL 2 weeks of designer stubble!) I was dying laughing, it killed me.

Last edited:
^ yeah this season has been a major upgrade imo

I'm really loving this series so far. They're really upping their game from the last series. I'm glad they've got the no killing thing, purely because he seemed a HUGE hypocrite for most of the last series.

Arrow: "You got to stop killing people!"

Huntress: "but you killed like 8 people just to come and see me to tell me to stop killing people?"

Arrow: "errm.. that's different. I can do what i want I'm rich and.. err.. YOU BETRAYED THIS CITY!!!"

Loved the opening to this episode, where he has a bit of blood on his face and Felicity says its because he cut himself shaving (when he obviously has FULL 2 weeks of designer stubble!) I was dying laughing, it killed me.
Yeah,I thought the killing was really stupid for the reasons you mentioned.(not quite MOS level bad,but close) But thankfully,they wasted little time changing that for this season.

Wouldn't that just be "Black Canary"?

Simone at least has said that Dinah is not 100% straight.

That said I don't think Sara was trying to make a pass at Felicity there.

I like how Oliver has sworn to never kill again...and then he shoots an arrow at the back of Al-Owal's head. Lol.

Well, he probably realized that you can't really talk with Assassins. You also can't just simply send them to Prison.

Wait, what? Did he do that? I thought Sara is the one who killed him.

Oh, Sara killed him. But before that, he shot an arrow at his head. Which he caught of course. But an arrow to the head is killing intent.

Ah, true. I forgot about that. That is a good point.

As much as this show improved since its inception, the average episode still has its fair share of plot holes.

Well,he did say a cool line (and I can't remember it verbatim) to the effect of "If this guy is a Merlyn follower,he can join him in the grave." So it seems he has little patience for Merlyn's comrades.

But later he tries to talk Sara out of killing the remaining LOA member.

Well, she is Quentin's little girl. He probably didn't want him to see his daughter in such a light. That's the explanation I go with at least.

It's the difference between killing in the heat of battle vs executing a prisoner.

Ah, true. I forgot about that. That is a good point.

As much as this show improved since its inception, the average episode still has its fair share of plot holes.

Indeed. Remember when he and Sara came face to face after he caught her checking up on Laurel in her apartment? It only came to be because she conveniently ran right into his trap...which he set up on a random building...after assuming that she would run off in that direction and continue moving in a straight line.

Well,he did say a cool line (and I can't remember it verbatim) to the effect of "If this guy is a Merlyn follower,he can join him in the grave." So it seems he has little patience for Merlyn's comrades.

I caught that, too.

I think it is a plot hole. This season had its fair share of plot holes so far, though nothing major yet.

Why does the Mayor all of a sudden reveal himself in the middle of the Glades when we was all about being underground and unseen?
Why was Thea with Roy at that arms collection place?
How did the Doll-Maker know which woman walked out of a store buying that specific cream?
Why doesn't Oliver BS his way out of Blood's accusations of him in episode 2 by saying he crashed his car or something? Bruce Wayne does it all the time.
Why was Diggle pissed at Oliver in episode 2 for being too focused on his vigilante life when he was the one who brought him back to Starling City and kinda/sorta blackmailed him to become the vigilante again in the first place?

Indeed. Remember when he and Sara came face to face after he caught her checking up on Laurel in her apartment? It only came to be because she conveniently ran right into his trap...which he set up on a random building...after assuming that she would run off in that direction and continue moving in a straight line.

Indeed.

The show is so entertaining that I can overlook and fanwank most of the holes, but they do exist. :funny:

Can't wait to see Ollie and Sara on the ship. I don't think she's going to torture Oliver. I think she kicked him to shut him up so that if anyone was listening they wouldn't find out they actually know each other. She's probably trying to save him.

With Laurel's everyone leaves me whining, you'd think Sara would be more upset about that. Oliie and his dad left her for dead when the Gambit went down and Ollie and Co. apparently left for her dead again on the island. And she never complained about that. But I suppose Sara's just become more mature than her older sister after everything she's survived through.

With Laurel's everyone leaves me whining, you'd think Sara would be more upset about that. Oliie and his dad left her for dead when the Gambit went down and Ollie and Co. apparently left for her dead again on the island. And she never complained about that. But I suppose Sara's just become more mature than her older sister after everything she's survived through.

First if Sara whined it would have been in the past.

Second Laurel whines less than any of about a dozen posters on this board do about her.

In regards to the "shooting an arrow at the guys head" thing, he likely knew that the assassin would catch it. Malcolm Merlyn caught one of Oliver's arrows out of midair last season, so Oliver would know that this guy could do it as well. Shooting the arrow was merely to get his attention.

In regards to the "shooting an arrow at the guys head" thing, he likely knew that the assassin would catch it. Malcolm Merlyn caught one of Oliver's arrows out of midair last season, so Oliver would know that this guy could do it as well. Shooting the arrow was merely to get his attention.

Except, Merlyn at least saw the arrow coming. Here he shot the arrow at the back of his head. Sure, he might be good, but he couldn't have known how good. Would have been funny if the arrow hit him, and Ollie would've been like "Damn... I honestly thought he'd catch that."

Except, Merlyn at least saw the arrow coming. Here he shot the arrow at the back of his head. Sure, he might be good, but he couldn't have known how good. Would have been funny if the arrow hit him, and Ollie would've been like "Damn... I honestly thought he'd catch that."

Would have been awesome to see Ollie at Tommy's grave yelling "I'm sorry! I thought he would catch it!" :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"