Arrow Season 2 Episode 8 "The Scientist"

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Donut, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Rate the episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mocomic Philistian by choice

Felicity is so damn pretty.
    Little tough to buy the awkwardness from someone that hot.
    Loved the Powergirl cleavage cut out on her dress.

Just me or it seem interesting her dress was similar to Flash's colors.

2. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

Kudos on the Kord Enterprises mention, as well as the spot with Barry on the rack of chemicals, turning at the sound of lightning. BA came off more affable than I would have thought at first glance.

I'm thinking Moira might be lying about dining out Malcolm to Ra's. Not to spare MM, but rather because I'm struggling to see how she would go about contacting him. If the LoA got wind he was still around, it seems they would have immediately dispatched someone after him like with Sara. It reads like a bluff she threw after doing some digging on Nanda Parbat; something that will lead to his inevitable return.

Loved the fight scenes with neo-Grundy.

3. Charlatan Registered

It wasn't that I was struggling with how she contacted him but that the "Undertaking" broke some kind of "code" that the LoA has. With what we know about Ra's and the LoA it seems exactly like something they would do. That's what didn't pass the smell test with me. And the fact that if Merlyn was in the LoA and "quit' how did Ra's not know how to find him when he was such a visible person in the city? The only thing that would have made sense to me was that he was working for Ra's and the Undertaking was a LoA plan all along.

4. Coconut1214 Registered

We don't know what the LOA "Code" is on this show. We just found out about them, so they could have a different mission. This shows does like to change things up. Or maybe Ra's is just pissed that Malcolm got caught by a guy in a green hood.

5. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

Mention of whatever violation of code seemed to spook Malcolm plenty, so I bought it as an inference that she could have made (or had relayed to her while getting informed on the Nanda Parbat/LoA connection). Otherwise, he pipes up, makes a Gary Coleman face and says "What the **** you talkin bout, Moira?!" My own speculation is that the Undertaking was more propelled by Malcolm's grief/desire for vengeance than whatever LoA protocol would usually accompany that kind of action. Hence, a pissed off Demon's Head.

6. Nathan Registered

Maybe this Ra's is more the kind of guy who tries to steer course of the world from the background. Eliminating political figures here and there. And if he resorts to mass murder, it would probably be like in Arkham City, where all the bad guys are located in one place. But Malcolm pretty much wanted to kill the innocent and guilty alike. Or it simply went against their schedule, or was just plain unsanctioned.

7. ArcherFan Registered

It's sad...his adventuring career already over...pulled from his prime.

Well, at least there's always guard duty...

8. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

Yeah, that was pretty ****ing random... and uncalled for. Jeebus, Ollie. :funny:

9. ArcherFan Registered

I don't know about uncalled for...I've wanted to shoot several of my younger sister's boyfriends in the leg...

10. Nathan Registered

Hey, it's still better than the alternative and have Roy run into Grundy.

11. Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

Finally caught up to the show and have to say I loved Allen.

12. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

It's more like 'hobble' into Grundy now. Amirite? :awesome:

13. KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

and he just wanted to be an adventurer like arrow, too.

14. Nathan Registered

Thea: "And Sin and I managed to get away from that unstoppable freak. But Roy couldn't keep up with his injured leg. So he stayed behind to hold him off and... and he..." *cries uncontrollably*

Ollie: "oh shoot..."

15. 747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

What a great episode – can't wait for the next one of this two-parter!

Charming Barry Allen introduction, cool Arrow vs superhuman action, and neat character interaction all around. And best of all: no Laurel!

16. dreammaster Registered

another amazing episode it's keeps getting better and better even the tomorrow people had another awesome episode

17. DrRocket Registered

Well if Oliver really is on the no killing wagon, I hope he shots a lot of people in the knees.

Still think he will kill Grundy(only for him to rise again later in the season)

18. Rorschach2012 Darkseid Is

Maybe it's because i had such high hopes, but this was the worst episode this season in my opinion. It just felt like a step down from previous episodes, and it felt like a filler episode even though it had the fight with Cyrus and Arrow and it introduced Barry.

I was not impressed by Gustin. He wasn't horrible, but nothing amazing either. I definitely don't want Arrow to be connected to the movies now. He kind of decided that for me.

I'm loving this show still, but this was definitely my least favorite episode, I found myself being bored at a few parts, and that usually never happens when I watch this show.

I also felt the chemistry between Felicity and Barry was overdone and forced.

Overall i gave it a 6 out of 10. My average rating for episodes this season is usually an 8 or a 9

19. BlackMagicWolf He who is BlackMagic

20. Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

Question when was it said that this was Grundy? Or are we to assume this is Cyrus Gold?

21. NosfeRomas Registered

It has been confirmed he is Cyrus Gold and Brother Blood called him Brother Cyrus.

22. Sawyer High King

That Grundy-Arrow fight was ****ing nuts. I loved seeing Ollie just get ragdolled all over the place.

23. Trooper Registered

Can someone please explain to me why it is against Ras Al Ghul's code for merlyn to perform the undertaking?!
    because to me it sounds perfectly in line with the Leagues philosophy (in any medium)

24. cleverusername8 Registered

Watched it.

Liked Grant as Barry. Definitely similar to Garfield's Peter Parker, but I can overlook it.

Cyrus Gold was cool as well as the "death" of Slade. I'm positive he'll be back. Likely through the League of Assassins I'd wager. I'm not quite sure what the point of Brother Blood is, but then again I'm very new to this show. I'll be watching it from beginning to end over my 5-week winter break to make sense of it all.

I thought the kidnapping of Barry at the end was handled weirdly, but it looks like he's been sucked into the Starling City whirlwind for another go-around. Hope Singh won't bust him too hard for it, haha.

25. The Sage The World's Finest

Slade! Nooo!!!! :csad:

At least until next week or later in the season. :funny:

Really dug this episode. Barry's introduction was well done. Anyone thinking Barry saw Zoom when he was a child? Or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong villain.

How did Moira get in touch with Ra's Al Ghul? Does the League of Assassins have a hotline? It keeps Malcolm at a distance for now. I'm surprised that Malcolm's attempt to destroy the Glades was considered dishonorable by Ra's since it felt like something he would do.

Probably saw the beginning of a power struggle in Queen Consolidated. Isabel and Ollie had problems but were able to get along. Moira and Isabel...they obviously aren't friendly towards each other.

Barry finding out the secret was a surprise. They're not dancing around it. Felicity will of course take Barry's words about the arrows into consideration.

That fight was great. :eek: The way superhuman abilities are bring brought into the show is smart. Starting small with superstrength, then showcase others.

This might be just me, but I laughed in Ollie shot Roy in the leg. Stupid kid. :funny:

I also laughed when Barry got hit with the dart. Dig is great. :funny: