Arrow Season 2 Episode 8 "The Scientist"

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Donut, Nov 20, 2013.

?

Rate the episode

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

So the guy in the mask is Grundy? Was the guy in the truck with the black mask just some thug?

2. Boy Scout Registered

After watching this episode again, I liked it less than I did before. Everything about it just felt off. The pacing, the acting, and the writing especially. I loved Barry, and there were some pretty good moments, but overall, I thought the final product was definitely lacking. I hope the next episode will be a lot better. 6./10.

3. the last son Registered

Yea, I'm thinking 7/10. Ok episode. But lets say you didn't know how Barry Allen was. Would you really care about what he brought to the show? Or would you felt he was just another mouth to feed in the pie for screen time. I just thought he was in it a lot and not really doing much. Shouldn't have been brought along a little slower imo.

4. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

I'm absolutely thinking it was Thawne that Barry saw.

Barry learning the secret is one of those bits one TV logic I had to let go because it advances the plot to somewhere we want to see it. Some subterfuge and the lab access would seem to get it done, but screw it, we want Barry in on it.
    The guy in the Scarecrow-like mask is Brother Blood (the alderman). The guy in the truck with the black mask (who kicked the hell out of Ollie) is Cyrus Gold aka Grundy.

5. Bathead The Oldest Geek

That's what I thought. OK, interested to see where this goes. Ya suppose he gets to turn into the Albino Hulk? :cwink:

6. Sub-Zero Ice Cold

who else would it be? i'm betting his origin will be close to the comics, but his life in his show will be completely different. i hope they get john wesley shipp to play his dad or jay garrick...

7. Human Torch Registered

Absolutely.

8. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue, feelin’ good

Looking at photos of Gustin Grant and John Wesley Shipp, I could totally buy John as his father.

9. Hunter Rider Ronin

Loved this episode, the two action sequences were great, nice nod to Raiders with the truck chase. I liked Gustin's Barry and how they introduced him a lot, I think he'll do well in the spin-off. I was really surprised by Moira's big play against Malcolm, if he was afraid of Ra's finding out he was still alive then what did he hope to gain by Thea knowing he was her father? I mean he has to stay in hiding. Speaking of Thea, Wow! did she look beautiful at the party. :hrt:

With what happened to Roy and what looks set to happen to him in the season finale, I see Ollie bringing him into the team as the big ending to the next ep.

10. Human Torch Registered

I loved the action in this episode.That truck scene was so awesome,if only it could've been a little longer. I also noticed during the final fight,it looked like Ollie actually shot his arrows right through Grundy's feet,pinning them to the floor!

11. DrRocket Registered

^ he did, Grundy just snapped them off to free himself to deliver one heck of a beating to oliver

12. dru-zod2501 Registered

Even with everything that happened this episode, I'm way more interested in what this means for Slade. If the serum gives this same level of power, in addition to his insane level of training and skill, Deathstroke could be near unstoppable! It could make the Merlyn fights look like a game if done right

13. Nathan Registered

I hope that the serum didn't make Deathstroke as strong. I hope that the early serum, only gave people Captain America levels of enhancements, and that Brother Blood improved the serum, to make people even stronger.

14. DrRocket Registered

I'm still hoping he gets his healing ability and 90% brain usage sometime

15. Nathan Registered

He definitely needs the healing factor, I don't want him running around as Two Face. The 90% Brain usage, I can take it or leave it. I'm fine if he's a good tactician on his own. I don't need him outsmarting every single person.

16. DrRocket Registered

^ true. This idea for an ending to arrow keeps picking at my brain. What if in the final season it's all about Deatstroke vs Arrow and it ends in this big climax, with both killing each other.

On one hand, I'd love that kinda ending for all sorts of reasons but on the other hand I'd be kinda bummed that Oliver died.

17. FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

Good episode. Liked the Barry Allen character.

However, the scene in the sub was superrrrr cheap looking. Coupled with some bad dialogue, the shot/editing choices, the low-quality sound production, and some spotty acting, it made the scene seem like a fan film.

The part with Slade's death was great though.

#167 FeedOnATreeFrog, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  18. thalidomide The Enemy

I don't know if this was asked before, but do you guys think the person who Ollie "burned" on the island was Slade because he went out of control due to the effects of the serum? We all know the serum gives you a healing factor, but I think Ollie didn't know that yet so maybe Slade healed and will hunt Ollie for revenge.

#168 thalidomide, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. ArcherFan Registered

If they're following the N52 Deathstroke, then he is superstrong (unlike his pre-N52 counterpart, who was, really, like Steve Rogers with minor enhancements - depending on who wrote him - all described by the augmented mental capacity that the serum gave him).

In fact, issue 1 on his book, he pried off the door of a plane while it was in flight...which would take a tremendous amount of strength.

I'm hoping they at least say that it can affect different people to varying degrees. Like, say, it augments what's already there. If they describe Cyrus Gold as someone who was a body builder, then he might be stronger. Slade was strong, worked out, but wouldn't have the capacity of a power lifter.

Leaner muscle to equate to less strength and more agility - the danger of Slade should be just how [email protected]$$ a soldier he always was, a tactician, a guy who could play the shadows as well as he could the direct confrontation.

20. Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

I guess that makes sense, we did have Cyrus Vanch on the show already.

21. GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

I also really liked the theme song that they gave Barry.

22. Justin Registered

I was gonna hate him.. I was gonna hate him so so so so much...

But he was awesome :(

23. Human Torch Registered

You almost sound disappointed that you can't hate him.:funny:

24. Justin Registered

I kinda am.. I was expecting to end the episode telling people I was right.. :( But he was awesome, credit where it's due. Now I just wish they'd speed things up (pun intended).

25. DrRocket Registered

So, I think Barry is definitely gonna get his powers next episode [wont show them] but will he tell Oliver or will he ever find out?