Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 9 "Three Ghosts"

It looks more dirty than wet, but I believe you.

Well, here then.

pCM9NFy.jpg

This was an amazing episode. Watched it live then went and bought the episode the next night off of Amazon Instant.

At work post more later in detail but just have to say amazing episode.

The Flash Origin scene was so unbelievably well done. It's probably the best scene in the entire show imo.

Although I have some negatives (Tommy's acting/dialogue, a cheesy looking explosion, the motivation for Ivo making Oliver choose, and Deathstroke looking a little cheesy with the eyepatch...), it's definitely one of my favourite episodes of the series, if not my absolute favorite.

Last edited:
This episode was just amazing, every character beat done perfectly.

I think this season, they've done a great job subverting expectations and doing something better. I expected Slade to come to Starling City. But, I did not expect him this season. Canary? I would have bet money that it was going to be Laurel moonlighting as a vigilante. I think they wanted us to think that. And we know how that turned out. Brother Blood was revealed quick enough to not telegraph that move entirely, either. Shado's fate as well.

They're keeping us on our toes, and man it's just interesting. And they're earning the twists, none of these things are coming off as cheap or at all out of place.

I saw this earlier than usual and yet I'm way late on posting a review. I thought it was another great ep,

I loved how much they packed in, from the seeds planted for a full on Solomon Grundy down the line, to Barry and Ollie interacting, to Barry's Flash origin moment to the big reveal of Slade being in Starling City and the boss of Blood, to the use of the 3 ghosts that eventually saw Tommy absolve Ollie of his guilt and allow him to become a hero, symbolized nicely by the new mask. :up:

Well, he looked kinda dead by the end. Now he only needs to come back from the dead again. :awesome:

I think that indeed him being dead there is what happens. And then perhaps Brother Blood or his crew dumps Gold's body in a swamp to get rid of the evidence, and ... well, you know the rest.

This was an amazing episode. Watched it live then went and bought the episode the next night off of Amazon Instant.

At work post more later in detail but just have to say amazing episode.

Yeah, I think I might just watch it again on Hulu Plus.

Wow.Judging by the poll,people overwhelmingly thought this was a ten.

I'm just curious.For the folks that voted less than ten,what was it that was lacking in your opinion?I couldn't find anything poor about it. (well,of any real significance)

I think that indeed him being dead there is what happens. And then perhaps Brother Blood or his crew dumps Gold's body in a swamp to get rid of the evidence, and ... well, you know the rest.

That would actually be a great way to tie in Gotham City. Brother Blood could tell his cop servent to take body to Slaughter Swamp in Gotham let freaks from Arkham take the fall for this.

This could be a huge stretch but what if that Slade "Illusion" was actually Slade knowing what happened with Ollie and him actually showing up? I know he didnt have the eye patch an all but still maybe it could have actually been him as he clearly isn't dead so he couldnt very well be one of the 3 ghosts, I know its a HUGE stretch but still it'd be a nice switch on us.

Eh, Slade happens to play with his head, at the exact moment Ollie his hallucinating? That would just be way too coincidental.

Unless Slade was responsible for the hallucinations. The thought that he really attacked Ollie did cross my mind as well.

He wasn't. Oliver was responsible for his own hallucinations. Barry said the problem with him was psychological and Diggle discussed with him the effects of survivor's guilt.

Unless Slade was responsible for the hallucinations. The thought that he really attacked Ollie did cross my mind as well.

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought this however unlikely I knew I couldn't be alone.

He wasn't. Oliver was responsible for his own hallucinations. Barry said the problem with him was psychological and Diggle discussed with him the effects of survivor's guilt.

While that's true, it could easily be turned around into an outside force triggering it. No-one really knows why it happened. That was more of an educated guess by Diggle and Allen. The most logical conclusion since there was no evidence to the contrary. That's how I feel, anyway. Slade could very well know some crazy stuff.

I believe the trauma of almost dying, combined with the recent discovery that someone was attempting to recreate Mirakuru, is what caused the hallucinations. If Slade was responsible, I think they would have at least hinted at it when we saw him at the end. Instead, we got Barry explaining that Oliver's problems were psychological and Diggle mentioning that he went through a similar ordeal.

Though it did do a great job foreshadowing the conflict we all knew was going to happen to them on the island, and provided a nice tease for why the audience would want Slade as the next Big Bad. Plus, the bit where he caught the Arrow clearly mirrored Merlin's favored defense, and when combined with him snapping it in his hands foreshadowed his awakening from the Mirakuru.

Not to mention Wintergreen did the exact same thing during his first appearance.
I believe the trauma of almost dying, combined with the recent discovery that someone was attempting to recreate Mirakuru, is what caused the hallucinations. If Slade was responsible, I think they would have at least hinted at it when we saw him at the end. Instead, we got Barry explaining that Oliver's problems were psychological and Diggle mentioning that he went through a similar ordeal.

I think that they're saving the revealing that it really was Slade for later and that's why there was no hint. I wouldn't be disappointed if I was wrong, though. Just a thought that could be neat and easily retconned.

Not to mention Wintergreen did the exact same thing during his first appearance.

I think that they're saving the revealing that it really was Slade for later and that's why there was no hint. I wouldn't be disappointed if I was wrong, though. Just a thought that could be neat and easily retconned.

Personally I think you're wrong and it was an apparation for one reason. Ghost Slade had 2 eyes. But then they could get around that one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"