Arrow Arrow Season 3 Episode 13 "Canaries" discussion thread

Human Torch

Avenger
Reaction score
"Oliver (Stephen Amell) is thrown by the changes within Team Arrow. He's used to calling the shots but sees that the team has evolved in his absence and tensions quickly escalate in the lair. Oliver is furious that Laurel (Katie Cassidy) has been going out as the Black Canary and tells her to stop risking her life, but when Vertigo (guest star Peter Stormare) hits the streets again, Laurel goes against Oliver's wishes and tracks down Vertigo who hits her with a full dose of the drug."

I hope it's handled better in the episode, because I didn't like that aspect.

"I'm Peter Stormaaaarre. And I'm reeallly good a playing CRAAAZZZY!"

I'm curious to see what happens outside of the Canary angle. From the promo pics, it seems like Oliver may come clean to Thea, probably because she sees how The Arrow and Oliver both return at the same time.

I'm happy it's being done the lies were falling apart out side the show where thea is involved that lie was terrible the basement was flooded.

And your doing nothing about it? w can be shut down for mold other safety issues if it get into vent some how. where else are you all headed to behind this bar? there's no other room or Hall way.

Last edited:
The Canadian promo gave away a "big" reveal
Oliver reveals himself as Arrow to Thea and takes her to the Arrow Lair

The Canadian promo gave away a "big" reveal
Oliver reveals himself as Arrow to Thea and takes her to the Arrow Lair
I figured, and now let's see how that changes things.

Thea's been very under-utilized throughout the series so I wouldn't mind if she joins Oliver by season's end, although I would expect her to be upset for a while.

Only in Canada.lol

also
AR313C_0212b.jpg
AR313C_0293b.jpg

also
AR313C_0212b.jpg
AR313C_0293b.jpg

I had seen those photos earlier, before the Canadian Promo reveal. I already knew that Thea was aware of Roy being "Arsenal", so I just thought that Oliver was there being Oliver and that Thea didn't know that he was Arrow as of yet.

I figured she would know something because they made sure to highlight that she saw the news report. I'd like to think that of all the characters, Thea is the smartest, or at least most curious one of them all, who never stops asking questions. I'm pretty sure she thinks its not just a coincidence that Oliver returns the same time the Arrow returns.

Thea is the smartest, or at least most curious one of them all

3vKJqc7.gif

Sorry, i don't mean that as an offense to you. It's just that whenever I read that in my head, my conscious responds by saying..."Well, if Thea is so smart..why is she supporting the maniac that made her family go through hell and ended up inadvertently killing both her half brother and over 500 innocent civilians.lol"

Honestly, Thea's whole reasoning for supporting Malcom, despite knowing what he's done, makes her look even worse since she just comes off as a spoiled brat who's only out for her own interests and for people to only pay attention to her needs first.

3vKJqc7.gif

Sorry, i don't mean that as an offense to you. It's just that whenever I read that in my head, my conscious responds by saying..."Well, if Thea is so smart..why is she supporting the maniac that made her family go through hell and ended up inadvertently killing both her half brother and over 500 innocent civilians.lol"

Honestly, Thea's whole reasoning for supporting Malcom, despite knowing what he's done, makes her look even worse since she just comes off as a spoiled brat who's only out for her own interests and for people to only pay attention to her needs first.
I knew I'd get flack for that the moment I said it .. but I guess what I mean is Thea is usually the one who thinks outside the box the most. I've never really been a fan of her character or her choices, but I do notice that she is the one who puts certain pieces together much more quickly. Like she may not know the truth, but she knows when she's being lied to.

She's definitely a flawed character, and in my opinion, the most consistently poorly written one of them all, but I wouldn't be surprised if she admitted to knowing about Oliver all along.

Well I do agree with you there on those points. Still, I feel like by the end of this May, Gotham's Barbara and Arrow's Thea will be considered the two worst female characters on a comic book show.

Well I do agree with you there on those points. Still, I feel like by the end of this May, Gotham's Barbara and Arrow's Thea will be considered the two worst female characters on a comic book show.

perhaps but she come become a bit more likeable if walk away from merlyn.......she can be fixed within the next 11 episode

perhaps but she come become a bit more likeable if walk away from merlyn.......she can be fixed within the next 11 episode

A bit more still wouldn't make much of a difference.lol

Like with Malcom tonight, just because Thea might end up leaving Malcom's side at the end of this season, doesn't erase all of the poor choices that she's made for most of its duration.

A bit more still wouldn't make much of a difference.lol

Like with Malcom tonight, just because Thea might end up leaving Malcom's side at the end of this season, doesn't erase all of the poor choices that she's made for most of its duration.

Well it will be a start in the right direction....she may just have to go through what Laurel did because she had made bad choices as well....

Thea is one of those people who has smarts and no common sense, I think. And if you look at her that way, her constant ridiculous characterisation almost makes sense... ('almost' might be stretching it a little)

Thea need to be told everything.......wonder what made Oliver tell Thea he the "Arrow". It will be interesting to see Quentin/Laurel chat......now he know the truth......going to be serious consequences for their relationship.....hopefully they wrap this up

Looks like Roy is showing Thea the Arrow cave in that promo.

I figured, and now let's see how that changes things.

Thea's been very under-utilized throughout the series so I wouldn't mind if she joins Oliver by season's end, although I would expect her to be upset for a while.

Agreed. I really hope by the end of season Thea joins Team Arrow. My nephews do as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"