Arrow Arrow Season 3 Episode 20 ""The Fallen"" Discussion Thread

Human Torch

Avenger
Reaction score
IJ4Wfxc.jpg

Someone's gonna die (so they say....), place your bets.

Captain lance? Seems like he is turning onto the villianish since hes not "friends" with the Arrow and From Paleyfest promo hes with Ras Al Ghul.

No one should die. Seriously. Except Ras Al Ghul. Got to have Captain Lance.

Whoever dies may be brought back by the pits. Ra's will probably use the pits to entice Oliver to join the League in exchange for bringing back his fallen comrade.

I think everyone will die, save for Diggle's daughter, who will carry all the corpses to a lazarus pit, so everyone will be born again.

Death of The Arrow. In which he will be reborn as Green Arrow at some point.

ARROW 3.20 The Fallen - Official Description

>BACK TO NANDA PARBAT — Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable) finally makes Oliver (Stephen Amell) an offer he can’t refuse. The team joins Oliver on his journey to Nanda Parbat where a heartbroken Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decides to take matters into her own hands.

I'm guessing Captain Lance will die this episode.

If Barry is in this episode, this could be where he needs his help in dealing with Reverse Flash in the Flash crossover episode.

Whoever keeps forcing Olicity should be the one to die.

I'm guessing it's Merlyn. Guilt over being the cause of every thing will cause him to sacrifice himself for redemption in Thea's eyes.

Whoever keeps forcing Olicity should be the one to die.

I'm guessing it's Merlyn. Guilt over being the cause of every thing will cause him to sacrifice himself for redemption in Thea's eyes.

Barrowman said in an interview that he will be around for seasons to come. He may just be saying that to throw people off though but I would not be surprised if he is kept around. When used right he is a great character.

Seems to me like it might be Felicity's mom who bites it.

I can't stand how Felicity is now the person nobody can do anything without in this show...

Agreed; I didn't think it was possible but they've definitely worn out the character's likability with what they've done to her character this season.

I could say that for most of the characters. Hell Lance was the stable/likeable one, and then they threw his character under the bus as well.

Characters change. They are not always going to be likeable the same way we don't always like real people in our lives the whole time, sometimes they get on our nerves or behave or react to a situation in a way that we do not like. There is no way we can like every single part of someone's character. Lance is not meant to be likeable now, although you are certainly meant to have sympathy for him after all he has been through.

But I DON'T, that's the problem. I DON'T find his current behavior to be at all believable or consistent with his character arc thus far. Basically, the writers took it too far last episode and I simply don't buy it, nor do I sympathize with him at all. I see him as a petty, trigger-happy idiot who doesn't deserve to wear a badge.

Ya Quentin has gone all "Barbara Gordon's Scarecrow toxin induced nightmare" Jim Gordon in these last few episodes.

The thing for me is,we kinda knew Lance was capable of this kind of behavior. I don't exactly like it,but at least I can believe it.

He is being irrational and pretty hard to understand, but how many of us are capable of understanding or relating to him in this moment? It is a pretty unique and crazy situation it has to be said. Who here has lost their daughter, believed she was dead and then for a miracle to have happened where she came back against all odds only for here to be taken away from you again? The manner in which she was taken is not exactly your run of the mill type of death either (ie being an assassin/vigilante/superhero). Couple that with being alone with his ex wife rejecting him and his daughter not telling him the truth ( I actually hold no grudge against Laurel and find it understandable how she struggled and I cannot say that I agree or disagree with her as I do not know how I would react in such a scenario, taking into account Lances emotional and drinking problems with his health not being particularly great either) and you have a guy in a very bad, dark place and nearing the end of his tether. It is true that it is a bit unbelievable how he is acting and that it is mostly there to move the plot forward but I wouldn't say that it is as unbelievable as some people are saying.

Last edited:
But I DON'T, that's the problem. I DON'T find his current behavior to be at all believable or consistent with his character arc thus far. Basically, the writers took it too far last episode and I simply don't buy it, nor do I sympathize with him at all. I see him as a petty, trigger-happy idiot who doesn't deserve to wear a badge.

Agreed. the writing has been off in that regard.

I think he's just frustrated and pissed. Although that could mean once he does forgive Team Arrow, he's a goner.

He is being irrational and pretty hard to understand, but how many of us are capable of understanding or relating to him in this moment? It is a pretty unique and crazy situation it has to be said. Who here has lost their daughter, believed she was dead and then for a miracle to have happened where she came back against all odds only for here to be taken away from you again? The manner in which she was taken is not exactly your run of the mill type of death either (ie being an assassin/vigilante/superhero). Couple that with being alone with his ex wife rejecting him and his daughter not telling him the truth ( I actually hold no grudge against Laurel and find it understandable how she struggled and I cannot say that I agree or disagree with her as I do not know how I would react in such a scenario, taking into account Lances emotional and drinking problems with his health not being particularly great either) and you have a guy in a very bad, dark place and nearing the end of his tether. It is true that it is a bit unbelievable how he is acting and that it is mostly there to move the plot forward but I wouldn't say that it is as unbelievable as some people are saying.
Agreed. He's been on a highly emotional rollercoaster ride. I find his behavior perfectly believable and understandable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"