Arrow Arrow Season 3, Episode 4 "The Magician" General Discussion

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
tumblr_nc23tqDsGP1ts7y9uo1_1280.jpg

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/cw-primetime-listings-for-week-of_10.html
ARROW
“The Magician” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

NYSSA RETURNS TO STARLING CITY, RA’S AL GHUL MAKES HIS ENTRANCE — A furious Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) confronts Oliver (Stephen Amell) about Sara. When Oliver learns Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is alive, he suspects Merlyn killed Sara. Oliver and Nyssa join forces and go after the Dark Archer, intent on bringing Sara’s killer to justice. Laurel (Katie Cassidy) keeps her distance from Nyssa, as she blames her sister’s death on her involvement with the League of Assassins. Meanwhile, Oliver and Roy (Colton Haynes) work on repairing their respective relationships with Thea (Willa Holland), who has returned home. Nyssa discusses Oliver with her father, Ra’s al Ghul (guest star Matt Nable). John Behring directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Marc Guggenheim (#304). Original airdate 10/29/2014.

Extended Promo:
[YT]R0dVoX83V7c[/YT]
This episode. I neeeed.

Ra's, finally. Wonder how comic-accurate his look will be.

Kind of sucks this is now going up against Game 7 of the World Series.

I'm assuming we won't see Felicity at all in this episode given that she was probably in Central city during the events of this episode.

Probably. Maybe she'll show up at the end.

Ra's, finally. Wonder how comic-accurate his look will be.

I don't expect this episode to be a full reveal, I think we'll probably get a few more teases before he finally makes a full entrance.

Very tense so far. Why is Malcolm so good at what he does?

DAYUMMMMMM

oh boy some real **** is going down

China White

Would be good to see her again.

I'm really loving this old-timey arrow-based tough talk. But I don't quite think Oliver Queen is strong enough to court war with the League of Assassins just yet. The only way it's remotely plausible is with the help of Merlyn and that just feels slimy.

I mean, it was tough last year when it wasn't quite war and he had Sara on his side. Laurel certainly isn't at that point even if she's getting better.

I do wonder if Merlin was right and Ra's is the killer.

Ra's Al Ghul looks great in his reveal and stuff is going to go down at least until mid-season finale.

Mostly predicted that Felicity is not in this episode, but she appeared at the end.

It's a look at what Arrow is like without Felicity.

Ra's Al Ghul!!!! I only caught the last half of this episode but this seemed like an intense episode, can't wait to watch the first half I missed. Oliver Queen has launched war against the League of Assasins, S***. Is. About. To. Go. DOWN.

Goodbye Starling City. Hello Star City after Ra's is done.:funny:

In the comics, Ra's and Nyssa didn't exactly have a good relationship. I'm wondering if his dismissing Sara so casually might be sowing the seeds for Nyssa to turn on him later on, especially if he DID in fact have Sara killed.

In the comics, Ra's and Nyssa didn't exactly have a good relationship. I'm wondering if his dismissing Sara so casually might be sowing the seeds for Nyssa to turn on him later on, especially if he DID in fact have Sara killed.

What about Nyssa's relationship with Talia? Is it also negative between them as well?

After a couple of fairly weak offerings,I really enjoyed this week's episode.

I'm pretty sure Malcolm didn't kill Sara,so Ollie seems to have done the right thing.I liked how Diggle and Roy kinda took the opinion of "You can't kill him,but you don't have to save him." I also thought it was pretty funny how when Nyssa hits Ollie,the rest of the team backed the heck off.:hehe: "I ain't getting involved in this."

Digg had some good lines ('I don't get what Sara saw in her'),and I had no complaints with Laurel.I thought she was good throughout.(She's healed up pretty fast,though.)Nice that Felicity didn't show up until the end to provide a bit of continuity.

I wasn't sure I got why Thea just went with Nyssa.I guess she was worried about Roy getting hurt/seeing what she could do.But after months of training how "not to get hurt",that she completely takes the path of least resistance,is somewhat baffling.

The Ra's tease was beyond underwhelming.The actor didn't really give much presence in the little shown.

The Flashbacks continue to be underwhelming as well.I guess we'll be made to learn how Ollie got so complacent with killing, this year.I always figured Waller to be DC's Nick Fury.But she seems much more ruthless.If we could learn more of her methods,maybe she'd be easier to take.But as it stands now,I can't stand her more and more in each succeeding appearance

Dat three way action!:awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"