Arrow Arrow Season 3: Episode 9 "The Climb" - General Discussion

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
[YT]2TeSI9Sof3Y[/YT]

:wow:

This one minute trailer is glorious, got me more stoked than the recent big budget movie trailers. :D

And this is why Ollie, you should have consulted with Batman before taking on the Demon.lol

Man, when their trailers are good, they're fantastic.
I remember rewatching that trailer for part 2 of season 2 numerous times.

Make the climb,Ollie,as the child did...without the rope......

This is the one I have been looking forward to ever since it was announced!! And man oh man, that trailer is fantastic!!

And this is why Ollie, you should have consulted with Batman before taking on the Demon.lol

Ollie is the Batman of the CW/DC Universe pretty much.

I really don't like the guy they have playing Ra's. They couldn't hire Jason Isaacs to come on for a quick arc this season?

I've always head the sentiment that arrow does 'it' better than the batman movies.
That's just my feeling personally. Kinda funny seeing them really go for it with this, right down to the shirtless sword fighting.
Lazarus pit just around the corner probably. Hopefully Sara comes back in a bad place and Laurel will have to deal with it.

I really don't like the guy they have playing Ra's. They couldn't hire Jason Isaacs to come on for a quick arc this season?

I've been seriously underwhelmed by their Ra's since the intro scene a few episodes ago. Having said that, the mid-season finale is looking good and I'm not writing the actor off just yet - still, he could perhaps try harder at concealing his Aussie accent, but I digress.

I've been seriously underwhelmed by their Ra's since the intro scene a few episodes ago. Having said that, the mid-season finale is looking good and I'm not writing the actor off just yet - still, he could perhaps try harder at concealing his Aussie accent, but I digress.

It is kind of strange that Ra's Al Ghul is now an Australian and Boomerang is now Israeli.

Maybe the actors walked into the wrong wardrobe dept and the director was just like "eh lets go with it."

I feel like it's time that Ollie changes his identity, and moves to Gotham.

Honestly, part of me kinda thinks they wanted Harkness to play down any accent because maybe the whole Australian guy + Boomerang weapons could come off too cartoony or stereotypical.

I don't know if it's true but I guess it could be.

Edit: I just realized that this post seems out of place but it was because Boomerang was mentioned.

Last edited:
Honestly, part of me kinda thinks they wanted Harkness to play down any accent because maybe the whole Australian guy + Boomerang weapons could come off too cartoony or stereotypical.I don't know if it's true but I guess it could be.

Edit: I just realized that this post seems out of place but it was because Boomerang was mentioned.

I would agree with that. I kinda like that they didn't go with an Aussie.

This show is amazing, between this and the flash these mid-season premieres have me more excited than the avengers trailer.

The midseason finale is going to feel like a feature film. We'll see how they execute this version of Ra's Al Ghul.

My only real worry is that while this episode may be great, it doesn't seem to have any momentum from previous episodes, unlike the previous two mid-season finales, which both had immediate build up from their prior two episodes with the List and Blood. Unless they immediately reveal that Ra's was behind Sara's death, this whole League storyline has one episode's buildup from four or so episodes ago, because we had to detour for Laurel's growth with Wildcat and Cupid's intro, alongside the Flash crossover.

And count me in those who think both Ollie and Barry are going to get their spandex clad butts handed to them.

Yeah I agree about the lack of build up. Sarah's death and the mystery has had build up and screen time, of course, but Ra's has only been mentioned in passing, he's not been built up as an adversary.

Which is all totally fine, so long as Oliver loses to him in this episode. He needs to go against Ra's, and get his ass handed to him in a big way. If he actually wins the duel, it'll be a bit disappointing. If he loses, it'll be the start of the journey of how to beat the Demon, and what will it take to do it.

Yeah, he probably should lose, although I think it would be equally acceptable if he killed him and then Ra's survives (and becomes more powerful) by being put in a Lazarus Pit.

Oliver can't kill him in their first meeting. lol. Talk about anticlimactic.

That would be kinda funny though. It would be such a shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"