Arrow Arrow Season 3: Episode 9 "The Climb" - General Discussion

^Yeah, I rewatched that scene, it's clear she didn't think she could harm him, she just got a few swings enough to get out and he was just avoiding the hits with the "wtf?" face of how much his sister has been lying to him. Sometimes I don't get a lot of the posters on this forum, there's so much complain of how few time Thea/Roy/Laurel needed of training to be a bad ass, but they show us that they are not bad ass yet, are really just starting and some complaim oh lame/weak/couldn't really fight we get.....

Double standards.

New York never seemed dirty enough to me to be Gotham. I always figured Gotham was more like a Detroit or Chicago. Has DC seriously never just published a map of where their cities are?

I always thought Metoropolis was in New York and Gotham was in New Jersey.

Just to (hopefully) end this DC-Cities-discusdion:
This was the official location in the 80s.
seems legit...it might have changed in the N52...and the CW Verse is clearly different (Starling seems to have cold weather all the time) but it's the only official map we have for the source material...

http://ifanboy.com/articles/the-secret-geography-of-the-dc-universe-a-really-big-map/

Apparently, Dover, Delaware isn't in the same place in the DC universe as real life (I guess to make room for Metropolis). Personally, I don't want Metropolis and Gotham to be right next to each other. If that were the case, Superman could just patrol both. If one were near New York and the other Chicago, it would make more sense.

Just to (hopefully) end this DC-Cities-discusdion:
This was the official location in the 80s.
seems legit...it might have changed in the N52...and the CW Verse is clearly different (Starling seems to have cold weather all the time) but it's the only official map we have for the source material...

http://ifanboy.com/articles/the-secret-geography-of-the-dc-universe-a-really-big-map/
well I used to help out o comic fa sites like mutatis mutandis & a spider man site other marvel stuff there were few dc ones I helped with and Remembered there was a DCU fanste that kept with both past current stuff about this Atlas of the DC Universe

from the unofficial DCU guide

this is their newest page below

Due to the event known as Flashpoint the history of the DC Universe has been altered and nothing is exactly the same. Because of this we have created a companion site to focus solely on this new DC Universe. We hope you will all join us in making it the #1 resource to the new DC Universe as unlike the current Guide the new site will be one that everyone registered as a user can edit.
there's also this
Atlas of the DC Universe - DC Comics Database

there was another site it was linked to that had maps . this it the most recent with detailed maps I could find similar to that one I remember
Atlas of the DC Universe - Welcome to the Warp Zone

Last edited:
Finally caught the episode on my DVR and holy hell what a cliffhanger! Some of the best TV on TV going on in this show. Really love it. And I love the little nods to the Flash they sprinkle in. Hopefully Marvel can crossover their shows with such ease

Ollie will have a mountain to climb now if he ever hopes to beat Ra's in combat again. :oldrazz:

Maybe he'll grow stronger after that second climb. Worked for Goku.

Or Ollie could ask Amanda for a drone strike. BOOM! Dead.

I want to laugh... but holy **** that's genius. He knew the location of their fight, and could have just asked Waller for a drone strike, since she owed him for not nuking Starling. Heck, if she knew who the target was, she would have probably sent 10 drones, just to be sure.

Man Ra's flat out wrecked Ollie. It's telling that as big a badass as Arrow is, he's still not in that Batman league. He's lost fights before, mainly to Dark Archer but he at least felt like he belonged, here he was just a guy.

Also Ra's hasn't been challenged in 67 years? An indication that Bruce doesn't exists in this universe?

He does exist. The future newspaper from The Flash mentions Wayne industries. Also, did anyone else notice that Thea was wearing the jacket Sin wore in season 2. What do you think the chances are that the video is doctored and it was actually Sin

Maybe Bruce's interest in fighting crime has begun to wane, which is why he does not bat an eyelid now.

I want to laugh... but holy **** that's genius. He knew the location of their fight, and could have just asked Waller for a drone strike, since she owed him for not nuking Starling. Heck, if she knew who the target was, she would have probably sent 10 drones, just to be sure.

Waller would jump at the chance lol.

He does exist. The future newspaper from The Flash mentions Wayne industries. Also, did anyone else notice that Thea was wearing the jacket Sin wore in season 2. What do you think the chances are that the video is doctored and it was actually Sin

That's possible with todays technology it could be done.

Maybe Bruce's interest in fighting crime has begun to wane, which is why he does not bat an eyelid now.

Maybe Bruce's parents are alive in this universe right now, and Flash goes back in time later in order to save his mother, and his actions cause a chain reaction that result in Bruce's parents dying in the past, causing him to become Batman in the present.

A good episode.

I'm not sure I buy the "answer" to Sara's death. I can barely remember to what degree, if any, that Sara and Thea interacted when Sara (publicly) returned to Starling City. I would expect Sara to be a little more guarded and defensive if Thea mysteriously appeared on a rooftop dressed in a League of Assassins uniform. And I find it really difficult to believe that a drugged Thea with only three or so months of training would be able to shoot so many arrows into Sara without Sara being able to put up some sort of resistance or fight to defend herself.

The whole thing just seemed off to me. Unless it is more Merlyn trickery and he actually fired the arrows. But, then he surely would have need to be within Sara's sight range which should have prompted more defensive measures (on the basis that he wasn't already openly standing there with his video camera).

It's pretty bizarre how much faith Oliver has in Thea, but I guess that she is the only family that he has left, other than his, as yet, undiscovered son. I'm glad that Thea wasn't really a match for Arrow during their confrontation, but then it just made Thea's ability to murder Sara all the more mysterious and odd.

I'm hoping that they introduce the Lazarus Pit to resurrect Oliver. I'm not sure I would believe any tradition, non-comic book recovery methods since he seemed pretty done and dusted. I personally suspect that Ra's decided that Oliver would make a good soldier for the League and plans to use the Lazarus Pit to resurrect Oliver and then force Oliver to work for the League to pay off his debts (i.e. his resurrection and the fact that Ra's won't track down and kill Sara's true killer).

I'm looking forward to seeing how far they go with ATOM. And I'm hopeful that with Oliver's disappearance, they finally put Olicity to the side and pretend that it never happened. Felicity can move on with Ray. And if Oliver returns, then they can introduce a new love interest for him. Or bring back McKenna Hall who had a decent amount of chemistry with Oliver and with her job would be able to somewhat seamlessly be included in both Oliver and Arrow centric story elements.

A good episode.

I'm not sure I buy the "answer" to Sara's death. I can barely remember to what degree, if any, that Sara and Thea interacted when Sara (publicly) returned to Starling City. I would expect Sara to be a little more guarded and defensive if Thea mysteriously appeared on a rooftop dressed in a League of Assassins uniform. And I find it really difficult to believe that a drugged Thea with only three or so months of training would be able to shoot so many arrows into Sara without Sara being able to put up some sort of resistance or fight to defend herself.

The whole thing just seemed off to me. Unless it is more Merlyn trickery and he actually fired the arrows. But, then he surely would have need to be within Sara's sight range which should have prompted more defensive measures (on the basis that he wasn't already openly standing there with his video camera).

It's pretty bizarre how much faith Oliver has in Thea, but I guess that she is the only family that he has left, other than his, as yet, undiscovered son. I'm glad that Thea wasn't really a match for Arrow during their confrontation, but then it just made Thea's ability to murder Sara all the more mysterious and odd.

I'm hoping that they introduce the Lazarus Pit to resurrect Oliver. I'm not sure I would believe any tradition, non-comic book recovery methods since he seemed pretty done and dusted. I personally suspect that Ra's decided that Oliver would make a good soldier for the League and plans to use the Lazarus Pit to resurrect Oliver and then force Oliver to work for the League to pay off his debts (i.e. his resurrection and the fact that Ra's won't track down and kill Sara's true killer).

I'm looking forward to seeing how far they go with ATOM. And I'm hopeful that with Oliver's disappearance, they finally put Olicity to the side and pretend that it never happened. Felicity can move on with Ray. And if Oliver returns, then they can introduce a new love interest for him. Or bring back McKenna Hall who had a decent amount of chemistry with Oliver and with her job would be able to somewhat seamlessly be included in both Oliver and Arrow centric story elements.

in first season they mention that Thea is a champion archer. She wouldn't need training to learn that particular skill. Sara was Thea's bartender at the club for a while.

in first season they mention that Thea is a champion archer. She wouldn't need training to learn that particular skill. Sara was Thea's bartender at the club for a while.

Thanks. I'd completely forgotten the champion archer comment. And that Sara worked for Thea at Verdant!

Wow I'm happy to see I'm not the only one that Remembers Sara worked at the club when I said it another thread as explanation after thea saw her in the mansion other didn't acknowledge it in that other post I thought i was the only one that actually took notice of it .

tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo2_250.gif
tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo8_250.gif

tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo4_250.gif
tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo6_250.gif

tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo1_250.gif
tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo7_250.gif

tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo3_250.gif
tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo5_250.gif

tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo9_250.gif
tumblr_nh0de74Vx71rn9u0xo10_250.gif

I finally caught up with this today, thought it was fantastic. The cliff hanger was amazing, do we all think
Lazarus Pit for the resurrection

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"