Arrow Arrow Season 4 Episode 10: "Blood Debts"

J
Also, anyone else notice that Felicity isn't wearing her ring at the end? Could the engagement be off?

Yeah in 4months they are done. I found a still of that Limo scene and both of them were not wearing rings.

Laurel's canary cry because it's been so freaking inconsistent during its entire tenure on this show.
Agreed.

They either need to make the canary cry an effective weapon or not use it.
The way Dig talked about Andy prior to this season I thought he was a Saint.
I'm guessing it was one of those not speak ill of the dead type things with his brother.
One interesting thing I saw was when Oliver was getting whipped on that Island. The tattoo Constantine gave him started to glow. I wonder if that what allows him to survive so many near death incidents.
The magic tattoo would be a good explanation as to how Oliver has survived injuries that should of killed him but I doubt the writers would go use that explanation.

^ There's a difference between building up mystery and tension and then twisting the story a bit and being deliberately misleading. "Who Killed Sara?" and "Roy is dead until he's not" are examples of the former, while this "Felicity is going to die.... just kidding" thing is an example of the latter, which is a tactic that is quite frankly not worthy of these writers' abilities and felt incredibly 'cheap'.

And just so we're crystal clear, I love Felicity, so this opinion is motivated purely by my appreciation for a storytelling approach that had up until now been consistent and that I don't think they should've deviated from.

In the case of is Roy dead or not I'll concede. That lasted an episode or two. Who killed Sarah though was heavily implied to be Roy for half a season. Then Oliver did the whole Rafiki meditation thing and Roy remembered he killed a cop instead. The only difference is that "Who's in the grave?" vs "Who killed Sarah?" is that the latter is being dragged out half a season longer.

Edit: for the record I want Felicity to die so there's really no bias in my defense of Arrow's subpar writing.

In the case of is Roy dead or not I'll concede. That lasted an episode or two. Who killed Sarah though was heavily implied to be Roy for half a season. Then Oliver did the whole Rafiki meditation thing and Roy remembered he killed a cop instead. The only difference is that "Who's in the grave?" vs "Who killed Sarah?" is that the latter is being dragged out half a season longer.
Uh, no .. The "Roy killed Sara" arc was teased at the end of one episode, and then was quickly resolved in the next episode, and it pretty much came out of nowhere.

Uh, no .. The "Roy killed Sara" arc was teased at the end of one episode, and then was quickly resolved in the next episode, and it pretty much came out of nowhere.

Huh, you sure? Maybe I just hated season 3 so much that it became a jumbled mess in my head.

Just had another look they drug it out for 6 episodes so about a quarter of the season vs a whole season. There's a precedent.

Just had another look they drug it out for 6 episodes so about a quarter of the season vs a whole season. There's a precedent.

At the end of an episode, Roy had a dream of him killing Sara. It was then dealt with in the next episode. It was not dragged out for six episodes.

I'm guessing he's talking about the whole Sara death. I believe that was revealed to be Thea after 6 episodes.

With the season 3 things, the 'who killed Sara' thing wasn't a constant mystery that built up a single suspect then turned it around, it was a pretty lame investigation where they picked a suspect, investigated them for an episode, then moved on after (kind of badly) clearing them.

Roy's death was a 'oh no, Roy is dead!' then five minutes (OK, maybe ten) pass and suddenly 'lol nope, he's fine, that was a trick'.

Not really bait and switches so much as a complete question mark with some 'detective' work and a really weak bait and switch that was resolved in the same episode.

I'm rating it higher because it wasn't as awkward as I thought. I think the writers took a better turn than what Flash is doing to their characters. I'm willing to give it more of a chance if it keeps going this way. Probably unpopular opinion but whatever.

I gotta say, I few days ago I said I want to see the Oliver of season 1/2 return, and that's exactly what happened last night. I loved it, but I did think they went a little too extreme with that at times, but it worked in this case because Oliver was too angry to make smart, tactical decisions.

I guess I don't pay much attention to the show, but who was the guy(character not actor) whose face was burnt. It seems the writers made it seem like I should know who that character was

I guess I don't pay much attention to the show, but who was the guy(character not actor) whose face was burnt. It seems the writers made it seem like I should know who that character was
He's the guy that was working with Darhk to kidnap the daughter of the woman who was running for Mayor in the beginning of the season. Also known as, Anarky.

Anarky. He was in the 2nd episode and he worked for Darhk.

The show came back much stronger from the Christmas break than The Flash IMO, very good episode.

I thought the island flashbacks were pretty intense and I think the purpose of them is that whatever Ollie finds there will come into play to help him defeat Dahrk.

Ollie's rage reaction to Felicity being hurt was natural, but I'm glad he listened to Digg and Laurel and got his head on straight pretty quickly, I also loved the scenes with Ollie and Felicity in her hospital room, the way she took his guilt away was refreshingly mature and befitting two people that live with the stakes they do. The scenes with Digg and his brother were also good, David Ramsey is class.

The twisted dynamic they have went with for with Thea and Anarky was a good idea, it challenges her bloodlust and gives her, her own nemesis who she feels responsible for, great potential there.

I thought it was interesting the way Ollie stopped mid-fight with Dahrk, I know Dahrk saw it as giving him a stay of execution because he saved his family, but the look on Ollie's face made me think that he's finally realized that the head to head approach is not going to work, and now he'll look for a frsh approach, possibly connected to what he found on the island..

I'm leaning now towards that grave being Donna's.

Good shout, it would certainly explain Felicity's anger in the limo, the only other person I think she'd be that upset about is Digg.

I actually think that the actor playing Anarky has done a good job. It is hard to play such a crazy character without being cringe-inducing, but the actor managed it IMO.

I find it funny how Oliver and Lance realized that by finding Darhk's hideout, that would spill doom for Lance, but in the end, it didn't even matter. So they still have that card to use later on.

I actually think that the actor playing Anarky has done a good job. It is hard to play such a crazy character without being cringe-inducing, but the actor managed it IMO.

I agree, he's played the character with just the right balance of creepy psychosis and restraint as he genuinely believes his own rhetoric.

So what do you guys think genesis is exactly?

Global reset.

But if the plan is to basically set fire to the entire world, I wonder why Damien is even bothering with Star City. Guess we'll see.

Sound like Darhk use Star City as a experiment since it already a dead zone so why not test it before release it to the rest of the world?

Oliver and Damien fight each other too much without a conclusion, they really should stop that.
And the young Anarky fighting Thea and Oliver at the same time, he is little too much again.
I will wait that the season end and read review to see if it is worth watching again.

I gotta say, I few days ago I said I want to see the Oliver of season 1/2 return, and that's exactly what happened last night. I loved it, but I did think they went a little too extreme with that at times, but it worked in this case because Oliver was too angry to make smart, tactical decisions.

I laughed at when he told Lance he only planned to kill one person even though I'm pretty sure he killed like two guys in this episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"