Arrow Arrow Season 4 Episode 10: "Blood Debts"

Just had a thought: Suppose the Felicity in the back of the limo was a hallucination by a mad with grief Oliver? It would be brilliant! Oh wait Arrow writers ... 1% chance if you want to be generous.

Basically the only way I stay with Arrow at this point. Felicity and Diggle keep me rolling my eyes constantly.

Okay, theory- Diggle is the one in the grave and Andrew Diggle is the "son-of-a-*****" that killed him?

Damn, last night felt off. Directing was shoddy, the kid playing Anarky was terrible, and just weird plotting. Plus, the drama for Felicity is for naught since most of the 'real' fanbase wants her dead dead.

Anarky's theme sounds pretty okay, but this is an awful bastardization of the character that has been plaguing the character for years now.

Plus, the drama for Felicity is for naught since most of the 'real' fanbase wants her dead dead.

then I wish Guggenheim'd start pandering to the "real" fanbase instead of the Olicity tumblr crowd

By creating a narrow definition of what makes one a fan and excluding anyone who doesn't fall into it of course. Which is why I don't like the term.
Seconded. There may be fans with whom I completely disagree with but we are both fans. The whole "real" fans thing is pretty much the same crud as the "fake geek".

Working in an ad company for the past few months have taught me a better way to look at it.

It's not so much about being a "real" fan or what not, but rather what part of the audience you fall into. In this case, the producers seem to cater to the part of the audience that fantasizes about the characters outside of the show, and are very vocal about their displeasure of certain decisions.

Now, one can argue that the general audience was in unison in the belief that last season was not that great, and the producers have taken steps to fix those issues this season, and have been more or less successful on that front. But that still doesn't change the fact that they are targeting a specific audience, and it may not be the portion of the audience that has supported the show from the start, or the portion that is asking for some more classical Green Arrow stuff from the comics.

It's a minor thing, but would it have killed them to give Anarky a gold or silver mask?

Really? That cheap little clear plastic thing? Really?

You can buy cheap gold and silver masks, too.

Ah well.

I thought Anarky was pretty baller. I really wanna see how Darhk's plan unfolds.

So what do you guys think genesis is exactly?

I think it's a plan to destroy Star City. In the season finale, we'll see widespread destruction and looting once again like they've done in all previous season finales. :o

I loved the episode personally. Very intrigued by Darhk's wife.

I finally caught up, I thought it was a good episode. Season 4 on a whole is still strong. I like how this season story arc is unfolding. Yes, I agree that the flashbacks are kind of...aimless....but they are still MILES better than the useless Hong Kong flashbacks from season 3.

Also, I'm getting reaaallly nervous that Diggle is the one in the grave. The season is putting a lot of focus on him and whoever is in the grave, Felicity is obviously deeply affected by it too. Enough for her to say "You have to kill him." Plus, it would make sense for Barry to be there because he knows Diggle too. But, I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. Anybody but Diggle, please.

The flashforward scene make it clear it not Darhk since Oliver already try to get revenge? so why he say that again make no sense......it learing toward three people Merlyn, Anarky, or the calcuator.......sounds like it Merlyn since I can see Felicity called him SOB

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if Merlyn was the big bad next season as a full villain, and not a halfie.

I wonder what the return of Ra's may be though. With the glimpses at Shado and Goth Felicity, I almost feel like he'll return as well as a hallucination.

I wouldn't mind if Merlyn was the big bad next season as a full villain, and not a halfie.

I wonder what the return of Ra's may be though. With the glimpses at Shado and Goth Felicity, I almost feel like he'll return as well as a hallucination.
Has there been talk of Ra's appearing on Arrow? I heard that he will appear on LOT, but I haven't heard anything about Arrow.

Has there been talk of Ra's appearing on Arrow? I heard that he will appear on LOT, but I haven't heard anything about Arrow.

Please lord don't let Arrow have him again. He already shipped Olicity once we don't need to hear him do it again

I can't remember now if they specified that he's only appear on Legends, but yeah, he totally shipped Olicity. He spared her life and told her to be with him one last time.

The point of that scene was to show that Ra's still had a bit of humanity in him. He revealed to Felicity that he once had a family and that he regrets not saying goodbye to them and so he gave Oliver and Felicity the chance to do that, before he separated them from each other forever. At that time, they also had Ra's reveal that he hesitated to kill Darhk, which allowed him to escape. He also said a prayer for Thea when he "killed" her (and for Oliver too back in episode 9) and he spared Maseo after he went against Ra's. The writers wanted to show us that Ra's still had some humanity in him. The writers also wanted us to hate Oliver more at the time. Then, when the writers wanted us to hate Ra's again, they had him reveal that Nyssa's mother was forced to sleep with him and that she had no say in the matter. He also forced Nyssa to marry Oliver, despite the fact that she did not want to. Ra's was not a black or white character, there were shades of grey to him and the writers wanted to show us this.

Last edited:
Nice to know while he was planning to totally decimate Starling City he's got that bit of humanity left, and that Felicity was so special that she was the one who merited being the recipient of that last little bit -- Show got to kill 2 birds with 1 stone: bit of humanity + ship Olicity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"