Arrow Arrow Season 4 Episode 12: "Unchained"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
12109059_618249871646382_6029075550708208325_n.png

The team faces off against a formidable villain nicknamed The Calculator (guest star Tom Amandes). Meanwhile, Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) makes her move and Roy Harper (guest star Colton Haynes) returns to Star City. Kevin Fair directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Beth Schwartz.

EXTENDED PROMO
[YT]FOpf5zVn3p8[/YT]

SNEAK PEEK
[YT]cAu6Ha9gmko[/YT]

Sneak Peek #2 (Nyssa scene)

[YT]FXd5kysR2Cs[/YT]

Cool, I am really looking forward to this.

Well glad they nipped that in the bud so people don't get annoying about Sara not having bloodlust on LoT.

Good episode so far, seems like it's been a while since we've seen any parkour.

I wonder why Oliver doesn't try to get in contact with Constantine again, at least mention that he has tried.

Well glad they nipped that in the bud so people don't get annoying about Sara not having bloodlust on LoT.
not to get too off topic in here, but I was actually thinking about that in LoT when we saw Sarah and Damien together, I was wondering if his death touch (assuming he even had that power back in the 70's) if it would have the same effect on her (taking away her bloodlust)

They keep saying that she is suppose to have bloodlust in LoT so idk.

It was a fairly enjoyable episode, very nice to see Roy back though it was a shame we couldn't see Speedy/Arsenal team up. I wasn't exactly sure, were those mercenaries Calculator hired. Ghosts? If not can they please get some different looks?

Seeing Katana, however brief, was so nice and this (to me) puts to bed that DC is forcing them to kill off these characters that they share with SS. Though was she going to spend her life sitting in front of that alter thing? The set looked straight from Tomb Raider which I loved.

And we get to add two more characters to "this is my life" speech to Oliver, that should hopefully be over with now.

Last edited:
Ok that was a great episode and I'm so hyped for next week.

As someone who has been fine with the flashbacks this season, I didn't like the one this week. It felt like they were doing what they said they wouldn't do - try to make it thematically connect to the episode at the expense of having its own story. As the Oliver there is supposed to get darker and the present Oliver get lighter, it doesn't make sense that he gets taught a lesson in the past he needs to apply now.

But the present day plot was quite good, so I'm not going to knock it too much.

I was a bit surprised that they seemingly wrapped up the Palmer tech storyline. Though Papa Smoak could always jeopardize that in the future. I feel like the writers are kind of moving through Felicity's insecurities a little to quickly, I don't need 5-6 episodes of her agonizing or questioning herself, I think 2-3 episodes would be a good amount, but good for her getting back that fire in her for her job.

It was kind of weird/sad that Nyssa has to rely on Oliver to fix her problem, she is never allowed any real wins and I want her to be the one to defeat Malcolm.

As someone who has been fine with the flashbacks this season, I didn't like the one this week. It felt like they were doing what they said they wouldn't do - try to make it thematically connect to the episode at the expense of having its own story. As the Oliver there is supposed to get darker and the present Oliver get lighter, it doesn't make sense that he gets taught a lesson in the past he needs to apply now.

But the present day plot was quite good, so I'm not going to knock it too much.
My thoughts exactly. I normally don't mind the flashbacks, but this one seemed out of place. But I'm still holding out hope that there's an overarching story that makes sense in the end.

Also, I thought this was a great, solid episode, but how many returns were there this week? It was definitely compelling though, since I felt as numerous occasions that either Roy or Katana, or even Nyssa would die. I'm glad none of them did, but it's still a shame that Roy couldn't stay. I know he has other commitments, but I really hope he ends up with Thea in the series finale. I really want to see those two together.

They keep saying that she is suppose to have bloodlust in LoT so idk.

It was a fairly enjoyable episode, very nice to see Roy back though it was a shame we couldn't see Speedy/Arsenal team up. I wasn't exactly sure, were those mercenaries Calculator hired. Ghosts? If not can they please get some different looks?

Seeing Katana, however brief, was so nice and this (to me) puts to bed that DC is forcing them to kill off these characters that they share with SS. Though was she going to spend her life sitting in front of that alter thing? The set looked straight from Tomb Raider which I loved.

And we get to add two more characters to "this is my life" speech to Oliver, that should hopefully be over with now.

yeah I don't think sara's blood lust is truly gone they're just not dealing with it and her situation was different from thea's she was dead for month and mean barried and her oragan shut down all of them that still was the case for thea, but we'll see.

hopefully will see more of katana and Nyssa next week

speaking of Nyssa (the actress actually) she said this she mentioned Talia I got it in my e-mail

"Arrow's" Katrina Law Targets Malcolm Merlyn, Hopes To Face Talia

Law tells CBR about her hope to see Talia al Ghul enter the Arrowverse, Nyssa's plans for Merlyn, and why her relationship with Sara can never be the same.

Read it now on CBR...

I'll put it inthe thread devoted to her as well.

I also thought the same about the merc's working for the calculator. but then I remembered some of the shadow spyer soldiers present day kinda looked like the Darhk's ghosts as well. it's a bit messed up.

team arrow weirdly didn't ask I'm guessing they didn't notice when oliver was blaming him self with Roy at the beginning of the show and he mention he's been having trips back and forth between star and central city. they must have assume (big mistake) the event with vandal savage. but it was to see his son and Diggle will be having a battle with "king shark" soon. Diggle 'll have to eventually find out what Oliver has been making all those trips to star city for.
diggle

yo so Mr. terrific an throw down when provoked interesting to see hope to see him in more action scenes.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind them introducing Talia and using it to parallel all the other sibling relationships on this show.

I wouldn't mind them introducing Talia and using it to parallel all the other sibling relationships on this show.
same as long as they don''t the same taste in women and the I'll violate the bro and sister(be they literally related or just buddies) code deal I'm down.

I as like to say( and think) there's always room. it's just about implementing things right. she doesn't have to be around all the time, but her existing in the universe is fine. and she doesn't have to take over anything since things are different here. it's doable. but it's up to the show runners and their boss's.

I really would've preferred it if they had Laurel be Olivers hallucination instead of Shado, the thought of her is suppose to help Oliver power through the past afterall.

I really would've preferred it if they had Laurel be Olivers hallucination instead of Shado, the thought of her is suppose to help Oliver power through the past afterall.
Guggenheim is trying to retcon that relationship. :o

If Thea dies and is in the grave, it's going to tell me that what happened with Felicity is the producers toying with those who hated the Oliver/ Felicity relationship.

Glad to see Roy again, but I wished he and Thea would team up as Arsenal and Speedy.

Seeing Katana there, I wonder if it's going to be her only appearance this season.

So Thea has to control her bloodlust, Ollie tries not to kill anymore, but it's ok for Dingle to just randomly shoot somebody.

Am I right that Laurel show some hand to hand combat taking out a mercenary? It would be great see that again.

Awesome episode. Whew, Katana is safe!

Sad, the Shado thing was a hallucination only :( Was hoping she's back. She's bound to be back or mei in the outsiders war storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"