Arrow Arrow Season 4 Episode 12: "Unchained"

When did he stop being an evil psychopath?
best question ever . so I saw another trailer and malcom said to oliver that
oliver has to kill him . I yeah I think he knows it's the only way to save thea

and after what was shown in LOT with hawk mans blood I had a epiphany last night why a Malcolm went and picked up savage's Ashe's. especially after Nyssa destroyed the pit.

I would also argue the production side and the writing side may not have been on the same page. One piece of evidence for this is Ollie's injury moved to a somewhat less fatal location between episodes (an indication that someone looked at the show version and decided it needed to be fixed). Also, there was no verbal description of how far he fell. The CGI people made it a very large distance, but who's to say the writers didn't expect it to be quite that far?

I don't recall the site of the injury moving between episodes. Certainly, the initial injury site had always been the liver; as evidenced here:

I don't recall the site of the injury moving between episodes. Certainly, the initial injury site had always been the liver; as evidenced here:

the wound that was moved was the one to oliver upper right side where his lung is, when katana was shown helping heal when the show returned it was moved lower . his lung was nicked and Oliver bled out from his mouth just befor being kicked off.

Again, as I keep reiterating. That's where the liver is. The right lung would be higher up; in the chest, well within the ribcage.

Last edited:
Again, as I keep reiterating. That's where the liver is. The right lung would be higher up; in the chest, well within the ribcage.

oh man . Ok here's the problem the reason I'm not mentioning the the liver area part is cause that part wasn't focus on when they showed oliver being healed by katana with in the show everyone knows he was stabbed in two organs the liver area (which your focusing on cause in real life once your stabbed and you your pretty much done. yes I'm aware )

and the lung area which the show left off before the fall. but when the show came back they bandage the rib cage and the lower left tummy area which alot of people that remember the liver part would be that part was where the bandage from the rib-cage down was supporting.

but the top chest wound (which was close to the sternum) how ever was not covered at all in the return. and there was bandage patch instead of just the wrapped around rib cage part on the right side of the mid rib-cage showing the second upper stab wound which is where the top wound was moved to.

And they show cased his right side too much and too often with in the show return both lying down and standing up. the focused on it too much with in the show.

I know your concerned with that wound of which is the liver. But that wound wasn't moved at all and it remained where it was.

and I'm pretty a collapsed lung does and can kill a person just as much as the liver wound would. my mother was a nurse. he would drown cause of it. both those stabbed area's were bad wounds.

Last edited:
Now I'm getting confused with your understanding. Just to be clear:

There are only two wounds that Ras inflicted in the abdomen at the end of the duel. The first wound was roughly in the left kidney (or at least the left flank or lumbar regions); which remained unmoved. The second wound was then in the liver; which then was shifted a little further down on the show's return.

I have a strong feeling you're mixing up your anatomy and getting confused between a kidney and a liver.

Last edited:
Now I'm getting confused with your understanding. Just to be clear:

There are only two wounds that Ras inflicted in the abdomen at the end of the duel. The first wound was roughly in the left kidney (or at least the left flank or lumbar regions); which remained unmoved. The second wound was then in the liver; which then was shifted a little further down on the show's return.

I have a strong feeling you're mixing up your anatomy and getting confused between a kidney and a liver.

well I believe the your confused part.

I'm sorry, but the video you put up last night is in conflict with what you stated, with the second wound.

As you see below which I'm re-quoting/ re-putting the video of which you put up last night. Looking at the video the second wound is not the liver.

^^ I'm sure that's not what the video is show casing as the second wound and you put this video up here.

That's definitely not the liver with the second wound. you can even ask mike Murdock and any one else here, bout what they are seeing in that video you put up.

but it seem this debate has come to it's conclusion.

I'm off to watch Legends of tomorrow which is on now in my area on CTV, now that super Bowl (North American touch foot all which different from soccer the other known foot ball to the rest of the world ) is done.

And maybe post some thing new in the gamer section of this forum if there's something new and interesting.

Take care.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. That said, here's my final piece of evidence:

tumblr_lyzj21DQpy1qlasi4.gif

Based on the anatomy, you can see that the wound was somewhere in either the right hypochodric region or the right superior edge of the epigastrum. Admittedly, on the show's return, the wound did shift to the paraumbilical region.

Last edited:
I found this episode to be okay. It had some good acting, especially between Thea and Roy and some great stunt work. I also appreciate their attempt to give Felicity something more to do outside of her 'vigilantism' and drug induced hallucinations. But the overall threat just felt lacking to me given the Calculator was supposed to take over the city.

But my major issue however, is how inconsistently the main plot is moving forward and how sub-plots seem to be not well thought out with character intentions all over the place.

I also appreciate Katana's return and how that was handled given the possibility that they are cutting ties to all Suicide Squad characters.

Good episode.

Cool opening that could have been better if they established those characters who helped Nyssa escape in a previous episode. A short, but awesome fight between Nyssa and Katana where I worried they were going to kill her off because of the Suicide Squad film. I'm glad they didn't.

It was good to see Shado again, even if it was just a hallucination. I'm wondering where exactly they're trying to go with the flashbacks right now because something big needs to happen for Ollie to get to where he was at the start of season one and he still hasn't gone to Russia.

I really missed Roy and his flips. The chase with Ollie in civilian clothing was fun and then everyone's reaction to Ollie shooting Roy was priceless. With Barry taking a trip to Earth-2, it would have been cool to have him drop a line saying he was going to stop by Central City or something. Interesting when he was trying to steal the battery and Curtis put up a better fight than I thought. He even teased the T-sphere!

I liked that Curtis pointed out how if Felicity applied herself into Palmer Tech as she does when she's team Arrow, she'd be better for it. Her back and forth with Calculator was fun.

Merlyn is so strange in that you don't know the type of person he's going to be. This time, he was about respecting Thea's decision and I thought for sure when Ollie went to the apartment with Merlyn leaving, Ollie was going to discover that Meryln forced Thea to kill Roy somehow. I'm really happy that scenario did not happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"