Arrow Arrow season 4 episode 18 "Eleven-Fifty-Nine"

Her death scene in the hospital doesn't seem right. If we are to believe she is really dead according to the writers, why even have her be okay after surgery? They could have easily just had her on the deathbed and still had the talk with Ollie. Chalk it up as sloppy writing?

Or is there something to that scene? If there is, then she asked Ollie to kill her which makes no sense because she seemed fine. Saying she doesn't want her dad to know Dhark killed her could have been done on-screen. Honestly, anything she had to say could have been handled on-screen. I'm failing to see anything she could have said that would have an impact into the next season unless it was a fake death scene which according to the writers it isn't. What could be so big that they would wait until another season to say it?

Laurels last words should not have had anything to do with Olivers relationship with Felicity or Laurels own sad words about her love for him and him not loving her. It should have been about the person Laurel was and how much of a fighter she was. Quentin also should've been there instead of being forgotten about.

Sometimes people die when their family is not there, Laurel & Quentin already said goodbye anyway. Their scene at the Chinese restaurants and other scenes I cant remember. Its TV land thats how it works, scenes are economical. The person who shouldnt have been there was Felicity, she came out of nowhere, the writers just had to force their pet to be part of this "big" moment. Yeah Quentin instead of Felicity would have been better, but like I said family isnt always there.

Her scene was with Oliver because he is the main character and he was once the man she loved, they were friends and Team Arrow. What part of that wasnt about her as a person:huh:. She died doing Black Canary duties too, that shows she was a fighter and a hero

From what I've heard, it's exactly the opposite and IMO it makes sense. Anyone would say the same in real life: "Look, I know you love someone else, but I love you and I'm about to die so you need to know that, okay?" It's not Olicity 'shipping, it's a natural bit of dialogue when it's known that a character loves another, not her. How else would they have phrased it that didn't come off as awkward since we know Oliver still loves Felicity.

She should have said I want you to be happy and thats it. Its awkward mentioning Felicity because she is the one who broke up with Oliver. Its Felicity's decision to give their relationship a second chance not his

Laurels death didn't deliver the numbers they probably wanted, it dropped a tenth.
Serves them right:sly:

Last edited:
Her death basically had her end on a love interest note, a very sad one at that. And MG already admitted that Quentin wasnt there because he forgot about him while writing the scene.

Just because he forgets while writing, can't he fix it when it gets to actual filming? He doesn't have to stick to the script exactly. He could've made it that Quentin got to the hospital on time and was able to say goodbye. And shouldn't everyone else speak up that he ought to be there? Does no-one else even think there's someone vital missing? :huh:

Her death scene in the hospital doesn't seem right. If we are to believe she is really dead according to the writers, why even have her be okay after surgery? They could have easily just had her on the deathbed and still had the talk with Ollie. Chalk it up as sloppy writing?

Or is there something to that scene? If there is, then she asked Ollie to kill her which makes no sense because she seemed fine. Saying she doesn't want her dad to know Dhark killed her could have been done on-screen. Honestly, anything she had to say could have been handled on-screen. I'm failing to see anything she could have said that would have an impact into the next season unless it was a fake death scene which according to the writers it isn't. What could be so big that they would wait until another season to say it?

They've already said that they wanted to give the audience a false sense of hope that she would survive. It was just horrible editing between her secret convo and flatlining.

Her death basically had her end on a love interest note, a very sad one at that. And MG already admitted that Quentin wasnt there because he forgot about him while writing the scene.

Not surprised here. He never seemed to care about Laurel character, only about olicity, so her death scene he forgets her family and have her saying that she knows Oliver doesn't love her and she hopes he finds his way back to Felicity, shipping and fan fiction like writing at its maximum....

Just because he forgets while writing, can't he fix it when it gets to actual filming? He doesn't have to stick to the script exactly. He could've made it that Quentin got to the hospital on time and was able to say goodbye. And shouldn't everyone else speak up that he ought to be there? Does no-one else even think there's someone vital missing? :huh:

Honestly it broke my heart for Lance even more because he wasn't there than if he had been. For a second I thought he was going to actually, literally have a heart attack when he fell and clutched his chest, because of his established heart condition in S3. It was a wonderful bit of acting by Paul Blackthorne. It's unfortunate and utterly ridiculous that MG forgot, yeah, but what we got worked well, IMO.

Honestly it broke my heart for Lance even more because he wasn't there than if he had been. For a second I thought he was going to actually, literally have a heart attack when he fell and clutched his chest, because of his established heart condition in S3. It was a wonderful bit of acting by Paul Blackthorne. It's unfortunate and utterly ridiculous that MG forgot, yeah, but what we got worked well, IMO.
I feel like Blackthorne was the only one who remembered that aspect of the character. Despite how much it was a huge plot point last season, it's been completely ignored and it never occurred when he found out about the death of both of his daughters in the past year.

It's kind of funny that Laurels last words kind of resonate to me in the sense that:

One last time - My last time will be 4x19 of this show
You are the love of my life even though I am not yours - Arrow was my main show even though it did not cater to me in any reasonable way.

secret whisper - I'll see you around whenever Katie shows up

Exactly, that's why I said the secret whisper. Thats what her whisper translates to me.

Yep. I said I'd give it a chance to see who dies, but this episode proves the writers are total morons.

I'm done.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who have been enjoying this season.

Sure, the Olicity stuff is getting old, but it's a show on the CW. What did you expect? If it were on FOX or NBC, it would be different but the CW also appeases to the female demo which to writers means more romance.

Some episodes revolve more around Oliver/Felicity than others.

This episode we saw Felicity for what, 5 minutes?

I am upset to see Laurel be killed as her character was starting to become interesting. But I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of her. Remember, Oliver knows ways to make people look dead and even not have a pulse (Season 1 anybody?).

What are the chances she comes back? Probably not good. But I feel like that secret convo was one of a few things:

1. Laurel telling Oliver to fake her death to send a message about Darhk, and let her continue being the Black Canary while keeping her father safe.

2. Telling Oliver not to kill Darhk, and let him see justice the right way.

3. Telling Oliver that the ONLY way to stop Darhk is to kill him.

4. Something that means nothing.

I know the writers have said her death wasn't faked, but lets be real, are they REALLY going to admit if it was? I feel like the scene where Felicity tells Oliver that he has to kill him, Oliver is going to respond, "She isn't Dead."

Nah, you don't go through all this media coverage for her death to be faked. It would really ruin their relationship with critics and fans even more.

In this episode, there was a reference to Zatanna when Darhk spoke about the Homo Magi carving the Khushu Idol.

Last edited:
Anyone else but me thinks the idol resembles Etrigan the Demon?

And I didn't HATE that Laurel was killed off (or at least not as much as everyone else) but I am highly disappointed because she was really shaping up to be something now. I was hoping the writers would start to really push her on that path to THE Black Canary. But nope.

First off, the unheard promise makes me think there's room for this death to be a fake out. Even if it's not, I think we've pretty well established at least a hundred different ways to circumvent death in this universe.

That said, I feel like it was handled pretty well, and I really like how Laurel's grown as a character to the point where her death is legitimately upsetting. If this happened a season or two ago, I probably would've been relieved to be rid of such an annoying character, but the writers have done a good job of humanizing her and making her part of the team.

Just to explain my previous post, I personally don't have a problem with them taking liberties with the source- DD killed Urich and I'm absolutely fine with that. The problem here is that it seems that the decisions being made are not because the writers think they can tell stories in a better way- it's to pander to a particular audience and that is the sole reason to undermine the mythology and the characters.

Oliver probably pressured the spot under the chin as he did in season one.

I have a strong feeling she will be alive. I'm not sure if they have wrapped up production or not, but they might want to test how loyal the fans are to Laurel before they decide to either leave her dead or revive her.

Killing her is pointless and doesn't serve the plot, so I hope it's the latter.

Personally I would rather they write Felicity off. Her character doesn't even deserve to die.

No one really needs to be written off or killed off. They just need to stop relying on nothing but stupid relationship drama.

No one really needs to be written off or killed off. They just need to stop relying on nothing but stupid relationship drama.

It's all they can do because Guggenheim and Mericle are hacks that couldn't write a decent story to save their lives. They don't know how to write a compelling story so they pull out overused gimmicks like death and relationship drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"