Arrow Arrow season 4 episode 21 "Monument Point"

KillerMcQueen

Superhero
Reaction score
S4 E21 - MONUMENT POINT

NOAH KUTTLER RETURNS - When Team Arrow learns what Damien Darhk’s next move is Felicity realizes she needs to ask her father, Noah Kuttler, for help. Noah and Oliver have a heart to heart talk that leaves Oliver rattled.

Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Jenny Lynn

Extended Promo
[YT]/watch?v=1QAGU882FCM[/YT]

GZBrbJR.jpg

That was a fun sequence!

another awesome episode look like next week episode going to be insane

Did not expect the episode to end that way....[BLACKOUT]seen dozens of shows where the nuke is on the way and they always stop it....but tonight....kaboom!!!![/BLACKOUT]

The action scenes have been on point these last few episodes and the action tonight was incredible. The rogues were utilized very well. The break in at Palmer Tech reminded me of Season 1 when Oliver and Felicity infiltrate Merlyn Global. Plus the fact the team didn't save the day only added to already high stakes. The fallout from that is going to be interesting going forward. Season 4 looks to be headed for a very strong finish.

Kevin Tancharoen who also directed MK: Legacy and episodes of Agents of Shield (his sister is the EP) does action very well.

That was an ok episode IMO, but not a great one. There were boring, silly scenes, that would then be followed up by good ones. The Donna/Quentin stuff was silly and drama for the sake of drama, but thankfully they did not feature much. I did not think much of the Thea/Anarky stuff either. I enjoyed all of Oliver and Diggle's scenes though.

Speaking of silly. Why did he yell to diggle to fall back in one of the fight scenes when all the enemies were on the ground and the only one left pretty much was Bricks... which seemed like a nice opportunity to just get rid of him.

Also, how fast are nukes? Really, a nuke launched from Russia would hit the US in like 10 minutes?

Also, how fast are nukes? Really, a nuke launched from Russia would hit the US in like 10 minutes?

It would take 15 to 20 minutes like they showed. All they have to do is come over the arctic circle (North Pole).....Russia is closer to the United States than most people today think. When I was in school, we were constantly worried about a nuclear attack from the Russians....we were taught about how close they were and how quick they could get here.

I knew it was close, but still, I figured it would still take an hour or 2. But researching it now apparently an ICBM is like 10 times faster than a fighter plane, which is already pretty fast.

Anyway, here is something implausible. The US government gets news of nuclear capability controlling weapon being stolen and it does not send every man with a gun down to star city to apprehend dark and dismantle his operation...

I think they're going overboard on the choreographed fight scenes, I almost want a Indiana Jones moment where somebody comes up to Oliver all showing off their skills and he just shoots them with an arrow. Honestly half the time when they show them all spinning and kicking and flailing, I just see the episode of South Park where the boys were playing ninjas in an alley, and people driving by just saw them playing pretend.

Also, where the heck was Curtis? Was a perfect opportunity, they even said "the thing we need is locked up in Curtis' Lab". I'm like, call Mr Terrific! Who could also probably help with the hackery!

I think they're going overboard on the choreographed fight scenes, I almost want a Indiana Jones moment where somebody comes up to Oliver all showing off their skills and he just shoots them with an arrow. Honestly half the time when they show them all spinning and kicking and flailing, I just see the episode of South Park where the boys were playing ninjas in an alley, and people driving by just saw them playing pretend.

Also, where the heck was Curtis? Was a perfect opportunity, they even said "the thing we need is locked up in Curtis' Lab". I'm like, call Mr Terrific! Who could also probably help with the hackery!

That would have meant less drama though lol. They wanted both Felicity and Thea to go through their daddy drama, and neither were particularly interesting IMO.

Overall thought it was a decent episode, The Thea vs Anarky plot and Donna/Quentin drama felt tacked on for the sake of giving those characters scenes though.

Yeah, the entire scene I was basically "If only they had an ally that worked in the lab they needed to get into... oh wait, they do"

Last edited:
Did not expect the episode to end that way....[BLACKOUT]seen dozens of shows where the nuke is on the way and they always stop it....but tonight....kaboom!!!![/BLACKOUT]

This might seem super nitpicky. However...

I really wished the show had opted for the nuke to be headed towards Star City instead of Monument Point. My spider senses immediately started tingling that the team wouldn't stop it in time when the nuke was headed towards some random city; especially when you consider we're in the build-up towards the finale.

Had the nuke been heading towards Star City, we'd have been lulled into a sense of security in that we'd know the nuke could not possibly take out all our main characters. Not to mention there'd have been at least some degree of tension on the viewers' part over the fate of Star City versus some random city we'd never been to before.

Plus, it'd have made for an actually compelling piece of character development for Felicity. Had she diverted the nuke from hitting Star City, she'd be burdened by the uncertainty of her motivations - i.e. did she do it in order to minimise casualties or had she acted selfishly and done so simply out of self-preservation?

In contrast, the current guilt and angst she's left with is over the fact she caused the tens of thousands nameless statistics to die; an issue that can be objectively quantified as the lesser of two evils, as already mentioned by Lilah in the episode. A real missed opportunity, in my opinion.

Last edited:
So. . .

Does anyone think the nuke is going to have continuing repercussions next season? I mean, sure, everyone relevant knows it was a terrorist hijacked launch, so no random nuclear war. . . but nonetheless someone just successfully committed an act of nuclear terrorism. Will this have government or societal reactions, or even just lingering cultural aftershocks? Or will it barely be mentioned again?

( Also, seriously, screw you Rip Hunter. None of the stuff you've failed to achieve is worth yanking Firestorm out of the present, where he would have been one of the vanishingly few heroes who could have actually stopped the nuke and saved countless lives. You suck.)

I almost wanted to drop the show last night, when her f*****g MOTHER all of a sudden held main story point and had a say in a major character's arc. (Her whining about Captain Lance lying.)

I. AM. SICK. AND. TIRED. OF. THE. EFFING. FELICITY. SHOW.

I came here to watch the ****ing Green Arrow.

I almost wanted to drop the show last night, when her f*****g MOTHER all of a sudden held main story point and had a say in a major character's arc. (Her whining about Captain Lance lying.)

I. AM. SICK. AND. TIRED. OF. THE. EFFING. FELICITY. SHOW.

I came here to watch the ****ing Green Arrow.

I hear you brother. I fast forward her scenes usually. The only way the show can be saved is if she gets some huge deal for another show or movie and is forced to leave the show. She is good in small doses, but even know a little dose here and there is just annoying.

The Collider Arrow recap show made a good point too. For a show like Arrow I think they should focus more on street level type threats over global earth ending type events. That isn't something Arrow should be tackling.

The Collider Arrow recap show made a good point too. For a show like Arrow I think they should focus more on street level type threats over global earth ending type events. That isn't something Arrow should be tackling.

Yeah, the end of the world stuff is more Flash, Legends, and Supergirl territory.

I think on an episodic basis, yes. But as the overall of a season? I think it is an interesting option. The first 3 seasons dealt with just Star City and possible destruction of it. This is the first time the season has really revolved around the entire world and Oliver and his team are really the only ones with the capability and the knowledge to stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"