Arrow Arrow Season 4 Episode 8: "Legends of Yesterday"

Loved this episode! It was just too great. Felicity crying about Ollie keeping the secret annoyed me though. He JUST found out. Let him figure things out first, sheesh.

Good crossover. Oliver and Barry worked well together and they were much closer than they were in the crossover last year. Vandal Savage was an ok villain, hopefully he will be better in LOT. Damien Darhk was funny in the Flash part of the crossover when he was draining the person.

I don't think that Felicity is being portrayed as self-centered. I think that her complaints regarding Oliver's secrecy arise from the fact that two people who are supposed to be a couple can't work as a team if they constantly keep important information from each other. It hurts the teamwork, the morale, and the trust needed for a serious relationship.

And I think Felicity got upset because this wasn't an isolated incident; it's a recurring problem that Oliver has. I'm not saying Oliver didn't have good reasons to feel overwhelmed by the news that he has a son. I'm just saying that since this is such a huge change in his life, Felicity deserves to know about it because she has already entered into what is supposed to be a serious, long-lasting romantic relationship. It's hard for two people in such a relationship to function well if one of them is unaware of developments as crucial as this one (the existence of a child from a former relationship).

And Oliver's problem with telling the truth is further highlighted in this episode by the fact that he admitted that he didn't even know when he would tell Felicity the news. So for all we know, he could have put off telling her the truth indefinitely until she found out for herself through other means. Things like that tend to hurt teamwork and trust.

Like Oliver said to Felicity, he just found out and deserved to have some time to himself in order to process things.

Being in a relationship doesn't entitle that your partner should know ever single secret about you at their discretion/pace.

And honestly, every time a female character has used the whole "If you really loved me" ultimatum in this universe (ahem...Iris West), all it's accomplished is making that female character come off as self centered/insecure *****.

Am I the only one that thought the scene with Oliver and his son was paying homage to the Flash comic where Wally gets taken back in time and ends up meeting his younger self? Particularly the way it starts out.

tOpgGRu.jpg

poNubSL.jpg

This was much better than Flash's episode, just like last year. Probably not having to worry about setting things up helped. Just about everything was on the mark for me except Ollie keeping his son a secret from Felicity. I had figured he had learned the consequences of doing that, and especially after Barry told him what happened in the first timeline.

Crossover Part 2 was as good as part 1. 'B'.

Cisco steals every scene he is in.

Although I wish Ollie would just tell Felicity about his kid.
Keep it a share secret between them as lovers/friends.
Some times I tired of these soap opera trapings they use on the show.

I also think this was better than Part 1, it was more relevant and interesting, but using Malcolm to bring Savage back felt forced, it seems they don't know what to do with Malcolm anymore. Savage should've escaped, making him the villain to be defeated only by the LoT.

Like Oliver said to Felicity, he just found out and deserved to have some time to himself in order to process things.

Being in a relationship doesn't entitle that your partner should know ever single secret about you at their discretion/pace.

And honestly, every time a female character has used the whole "If you really loved me" ultimatum in this universe (ahem...Iris West), all it's accomplished is making that female character come off as self centered/insecure *****.

Agreed, what the writers should've done is have Felicity telling Oliver that it's ok for him to think about it first before telling her and voilà!! No contrived drama, just two adults talking, but it seems we're asking too much.

"But you don't trust me. You never will." :whatever:

Story by: Greg Berlanti & Marc Guggenheim
Teleplay by: Brian Ford Sullivan & Marc Guggenheim

Berlanti, Guggenheim & co should be ashamed of writing crap like this, completely unnecessary. Maybe they need a break, WB should hire better writers and producers that care more about writing great stories and doing the best shows possible.

Cross-posting this in both threads for Arrow/Flash:

This felt like it could have been a three or four parter given the amount of material they crammed in each one, and because of that, I think it felt pretty rushed, as good as the actual episodes were. Vandal Savage was well done, Carter Hall was a ******** (as he should be), the scene where the world is literally crumbling while Barry was traveling back in time was a great visual.

If it had more time to breathe, I would have enjoyed this more.

Does anyone know what kind of jacket(s) Hawkman was wearing in this? Specifically the one he wore in the last scene where they say goodbye. I would love to get my hands on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"