Arrow Arrow Season 5 Episode 1: "Legacy"

He disappeared at the end of season 4. Malcolm helped Team Arrow stop Darhk's plan as it no longer suited him (originally Darhk wanted everyone to live in his giant HIVE under his control, which Malcolm was ok with, but once Ruve died, he wanted to destroy the world). Despite helping Team Arrow, they were no longer on friendly terms, so he left as he would have been captured or perhaps killed by them.

So is the season premiere of Arrow supposed to have happened after Flashpoint? Or during?

In this Arrow article here it suggests that several things in this upcoming season will be affected by Flashpoint:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-5-spoilers-oliver-queen/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

But as far as I could see, during the premiere, everything looked as normal and as it would be if it just followed on from the Season 4 finale. So has the show not been affected yet?

I expect any changes in Arrow will be minimal enough that the answer to your question doesn't truly matter. The development of the plot isn't likely affected by Flashpoint or its ongoing consequences.

I expect Arrow's Flashpoint changes isn't going to take affect until after the crossover, since Laurel is reportedly set to return in episode 10.

Just watched this episode. Best Arrow episode I've seen in a long time!!

Ah, ok. Didn't understand what you meant.

It's all retroactive stuff so I guess they can put the "change" whereever/whenever they want. Perhaps they set the episodes on the old timeline until the 100th?

Or, Flashpoint has already come and gone, and its just not having any real meaningful effect on life in Star City. Why, exactly, would you expect anything particular to change?

I expect Arrow's Flashpoint changes isn't going to take affect until after the crossover, since Laurel is reportedly set to return in episode 10.

Or she could appear in a flashback or hallucination, which seems far far more probable than some kind of weird delayed change.

Watching the episode, I wonder if the show is setting up for someone to take up the mantle of Black Canary. Or was Laurel's last words meant to be more metaphorical? Thinking about it, if it's the former, I can see and actually would really like the idea of Thea becoming the new Canary.

It feels that's the direction the show is taking with her character. And it makes sense - Thea was really close to Laurel, her current morals are quite in line with what the Black Canary stood for, and Thea seems set on leaving her identity of Speedy behind.

Or, Flashpoint has already come and gone, and its just not having any real meaningful effect on life in Star City. Why, exactly, would you expect anything particular to change?

Alternatively, it has but we just haven't seen it yet. It's only been one episode, after all. The thing people need to remember is that as interconnected the shows are to one another, they also have to stand up as separate shows as well (barring crossovers, obviously) since not everyone who watches Arrow necessarily watch the Flash. As such, some viewers may not be aware that Flashpoint came and went and that the timeline was altered. Assuming the effects are permanent, I'd only expect them to show up after a crossover episode, in order for the Arrow audience to be informed that such an event took place.

Last edited:
This episode was definitely post-Barry returning. They said Arrow was gonna be affected by Flashpoint and that
Diggle
would be affected by it the most and you'd see that in the first few episodes

Finally got a chance to watch it. Very good episode. Hopefully there will be more like it.

Well, I actually liked the episode for the most part.

I have to say that I was fine with never watching the Arrow. It just sounded like a Batman rip-off, but then TNT started playing it and I just happened to be in the room while it was on... and I think I've been arrowed!

I'm catching up on Netflix and YouTube, and so far my fav character is Laurel.

Or she could appear in a flashback or hallucination, which seems far far more probable than some kind of weird delayed change.

To quote the article listed before, 'she will be alive and well,' and Flashpoint will have something to do with it.

Which I'm happy about. I don't want another Laurel from Earth 2 or 3 or 4. I want the same Lauren who has been on the show from Season 1 to come back. If they have a cool way of doing it, then great. If not, then have Constantine come back to shove her soul into Black Siren - which would give her a metahuman canary cry!

She's be like Merlyn, in that she's going to be across all Arrowverse shows, so she may not be anchored to Arrow alone. I hope most of her time is spent there though, and hopefully as Oliver's love interest as she was always meant to be. I like Felicity but I want her back with Palmer!

And if anyone has seen the second Flash episode, then we know Flashpoint has already effected Arrow.
Baby Sara is now gone, replaced by Junior, in an odd twist. How did Flashpoint effect the gender of a child in an entirely different city?!
I doubt if that will be the only difference from Flashpoint, as they also say that Flashpoint is going to effect Laurel. and again, I hope its Original Laurel!

And does anyone else thing that Routh was better written on the Arrow than he has been yet on LoT..?

Last edited:
Great opener to the new season. I like the direction it seems to be taking.

Finally got around to watching this and holy crap...is Arrow back?!

Really good premiere. The fight sequences are pretty solid again, no Olicity shoved down our throats and although the flashbacks were laid on pretty thick, they were at least interesting. Prometheous looks B.A too :up:

Just watched this, but behind, but the premiere was actually REALLY good. I think others have said it but this felt like the Arrow of old.

The fights scenes were back to being badass, though there was some poor choreography. Butat the same time, some things really impressed, like when GA jumped out of the window and grappled to the chopper awesome stuff.

Hope they can keep this quality up.

Just watched this, but behind, but the premiere was actually REALLY good. I think others have said it but this felt like the Arrow of old.

The fights scenes were back to being badass, though there was some poor choreography. Butat the same time, some things really impressed, like when GA jumped out of the window and grappled to the chopper awesome stuff.

We are at episode 5 now and they have maintained the quality so far.

I don't think the fight choreography is any worse than the average MMA or WWE event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"