Arrow Arrow Season 5 Episode 2: "The Recruits"

Slade W

Sidekick
Reaction score
S5 EPISODE 2 - THE RECRUITS

“Oliver’s new recruits for Team Arrow are Curtis, Wild Dog (guest star Rick Gonzalez) and Evelyn Sharp (guest star Madison McLaughlin). Unfortunately, the Green Arrow’s training methods prove to be too much for some of them to handle. Meanwhile, in the flashbacks, Oliver’s initiation into the Bratva continues.”

Promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn3SaCPu26c

[YT]nUYs71E06_U[/YT]

Awesome stuff.

That was a good trailer. I am looking forward to this.

Would it be fair to say that Laurel's death has helped push Oliver back to that dark place of his Season 1 self? Or at least, pull back from the lighter tone of the previous season? Because I like how no-nonsense he is right now.

Last edited:
It definitely has. It seems to have had the opposite effect that Tommy's death had. I have a feeling that something bad will happen to him and the team this season, despite him using more ruthless methods than he did last season, and he will learn that no matter what approach you take, there will always be problems and tragedies that you cannot prevent.

Last edited:
Green Arrow: "You need to decide if you want to be someone else"
Me (joking): "Something else?"
Green Arrow: "something else"

God damn it.

Still early into this episode, but so far the tone of this season is great. Really feels like season 1&2.

Nice callback to season one Ollie's BS stories to get something investigated.

This has been a pretty good episode for the most part. The premise and reasoning behind that bell training reminds me of a certain anime about ninjas...

Ragman has been pretty cool. Definitely much better than S4 so far.

I like the fact Oliver purposely let someone get the best of him, to test Ragman, instead of fighting down to his competition like much of last season.

Solid episode. 2 or 2 this season.

Remind you of Zoom. That's a good thing :up:

I'm just jonesing on them name-dropping Laurel twice! Set up please!!!

And definitely some angst for Felicity concerning Ragman. She didn't pull the trigger, but she sure aimed the barrel.

Diggle is not having a good time anymore either. He had a nice pep-talk with the red shirt, even extolled the virtues of command and following orders, only to have that all blown up into his face huge time! I feel like he'll be returning to Star City soon, maybe with an alias...

Now that it's suddenly been nearly ten years since Robert died, there's room for five more years of flashbacks.

Now that it's suddenly been nearly ten years since Robert died, there's room for five more years of flashbacks.

Not sure if you are serious or not but Oliver was gone for 5 years, he's been back for 4 years. This season in the flashbacks is the last year he was gone.

So yes it has been nearly 10 years, that line was not a continuity error.

Last edited:
Not sure if you are serious or not but Oliver was gone for 5 years, he's been back for 4 years. This season in the flashbacks is the last year he was gone.

So yes it has been nearly 10 years, that line was not a continuity error.
You're right. I'd been wondering if they would use Flashpoint for more Arrow flashback arcs, but they haven't pushed back the shipwreck.

So far I am really liking this season of Arrow. It's like I had the flu all last season and am now well again.

Another strong episode, but not as good as last weeks one IMO. I am glad that the reason Church beat Oliver was because he let him, as it wouldn't make sense at this stage for him to lose to someone like Church after beating Malcolm, Slade, Ra's and Darhk.

I really disagree with Oliver revealing his identity to them so early. Surely there is another way he could have earned their trust.

it was an okay episode. Im having a hard time getting into this season after how terrible the last one was.

I also find it weird that one of Oliver's best friends died while she was a part of the team yet Oliver wants to recruit people with no real training to be a part of it. I would think he wouldnt want to put anyone else in danger with his crusade.

I realize that he cant do it all himself, but its a perfect time to go back to the Oliver, Felicity, Diggle trio instead of introducing new characters just for the sake of intrucing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"