Arrow Arrow Season 5 Episode 4: "Penance"

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
S5 EPISODE 4 - PENANCE

Arrow 5x04 "Penance" - Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) team up on a secret mission for Diggle (David Ramsey). Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) finds out and disapproves of the plan and opts to stay behind. When Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman) launches a deadly assault against the city, Felicity must decide if she wants to send the recruits out sans the Green Arrow.

Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama (#504).

Original airdate 10/26/2016

Promo:

[YT]PYUvyR2Tnho[/YT]

Surely they're not killing Wild Dog already...

I have to say, I'm interested that they stop Oliver in the street to keep him from going to a military prison...and none of them are wearing masks. In the middle of the street. Not even Oliver. They're all in their vigilante getups, but no masks. What even, guys?

Arrow-50403.jpg

I have to say, I'm interested that they stop Oliver in the street to keep him from going to a military prison...and none of them are wearing masks. In the middle of the street. Not even Oliver. They're all in their vigilante getups, but no masks. What even, guys?

If you wanna know about Wild Dog...

Rick Gonzalez has posted pictures from the filming of episode 100

Breaking into a highly secure facility. A prison break, of sorts? A shame there's no sort of...Quicksilver-type person with super speed....would really come in handy right about now.

But kidding aside, I bet that Barry has his own hands full. Just saying that, for the sake of the universe building, one of them could mention the possibility of having him help.

That new DA reminds me of Christian Bale.

I love what they are doing with Ragman. His powers are awesome.

Shades of the skyhook from TDK. :)

Does anyone else feel that the flashbacks were kept to a minimum in this episode? That or they didn't feel as frequent, even if I didn't mind them in this episode.

A pretty entertaining episode. Though, I thought the whole thing with Diggle was lame.

I've really been enjoying each episode this season :up: This was another good one

I give it an 8! Exciting episode. Glad to see Rags and Felicity have reached a consensus and will move forward, helping each other out. But once again I am stymied by how easy the SPD is often taken out. You'd think by now they'd be treating their police stations, evidence lockers and operations like a full time SWAT operation.
Still, Church is as bad as ever, and I fear Wild Dog is going to be beat like one.
Now hopefully Diggle will come back onto the team, keeping his identity a secret of course. I think clearing his name should have been his priority from the start. I know he feels guilt over his brother's death, but you also don't force your kid to grow up with everyone thinking his father is a traitor to his country. Or letting the actual traitor/killer go free. It's past time for a reckoning there.

And it looks like things are heating up for next week!

4 episodes in and loving this season, so far so good :up:

Oliver's new team is like the Suicide Squad. I wish there was an Arrow spinoff featuring these guys after the show ends its run or have them join Legends.

Even better, Oliver takes off and is ahead but somehow the team is waiting for him outside the city...

It's not a critique on Arrow tho, it's a common tv/movie trope, I just think it's funny how we always accept it...

Polux

Oliver's new team is like the Suicide Squad. I wish there was an Arrow spinoff featuring these guys after the show ends its run or have them join Legends.

Speaking of, now that someone mentioned them, Lyla runs A.R.G.U.S. now after Amanda Waller's death, right? If she needed some muscle outside of Oliver, and this probably wouldn't have happened because of the film, but surely she could get some Suicide Squad members or recruits to help. Or at least talk about the possibility of using the Squad.

Speaking of, now that someone mentioned them, Lyla runs A.R.G.U.S. now after Amanda Waller's death, right? If she needed some muscle outside of Oliver, and this probably wouldn't have happened because of the film, but surely she could get some Suicide Squad members or recruits to help. Or at least talk about the possibility of using the Squad.

in the episode oliver told her not to use her argus connections or she'd run the risk of going to prison too.

Haha. It just didn't click with me the way the others did. I am glad you enjoyed it though.

Haha. It just didn't click with me the way the others did. I am glad you enjoyed it though.

I thought it was a step down from the 3 prev episodes. Diggle's rescue didn't feel right, it seemed so easy. I didn't feel any tension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"