Arrow Arrow Season 5 Episode 7: "Vigilante"

While this was a good episode overall, it was definitely the weakest of the season so far in terms of aesthetic. Everything looked cheap and backlot-y and the camera was all over the place.

Uhhhhh ..... is it just me, or does it look like they're doing a loose adaptation of The Judah Contract?

Only if any show where there is a mole in the team is a loose adaption of The Judah Contract :o

Guys, it's The Judas Contract, firstly. (the name is a reference to a pretty famous betrayal story.)

To answer the question though. I think it really depends on a few things, and these are questions i'm now super interested to find out:

1) Was Evelyn working with Prometheus before being on team Arrow?

If so then the train fight was entirely staged. That being said, if he was working with Evelyn already, maybe he figured it would be an easy win.

2) Was she recruited? Possibly after the big "you were a murderer" reveal?

If she was a plant on the team, it could be considered a loose adaptation (very loose). Even though it's Prometheus instead of Slade, and Evelyn instead of Terra, and Team Arrow instead of the Titans, and superpowers aren't involved...

I think it's more likely it's just the standard "mole on the team" trope.

Only if any show where there is a mole in the team is a loose adaption of The Judas Contract :o
I can see it. Arrow is a huge amalgamation of so many DC properties. Also, Deathstroke is in the crossover that's coming.

In season 2 they took from the Judas Contract before, by Slade having Rochev be his partner who betrayed his enemy, and by planting cameras in the Queen mansion (like how he had Terra have camera lenses in the comics).

Vigilante had a very strong debut this week. He was a formidable opponent and a force to be reckoned with. As if the city wasn't in enough trouble already, Vigilante's vendetta just adds another frightening threat. It will be exciting to see what else he does this season.

I also liked Oliver's confrontations with Kovar in the flashbacks, and I liked the conversations between Oliver and Susan the reporter.

I don't know about you guys, but Madison McLaughlin (the actress that plays Artemis) looked REAL good in that tight red dress from last night's episode. What's with this show and making the female actresses wear tight dresses? I'm not complaining though..

I don't know about you guys, but Madison McLaughlin (the actress that plays Artemis) looked REAL good in that tight red dress from last night's episode. What's with this show and making the female actresses wear tight dresses? I'm not complaining though..

Yeah especially when the character is 17, it's not creepy at all....

Wasn't expecting the twist at the end. Decent episode, but pretty much just a filler episode.

Now that we know Evelyn is working with Prometheus, I guess they planned the whole Quentin thing, with Prometheus letting Evelyn cut him. Are they targeting Quentin to get to Oliver, or does he have a problem with Quentin too?

Guys, it's The Judas Contract, firstly. (the name is a reference to a pretty famous betrayal story.).

D'oh! My apologies. That's what I get for entering thus on my cell phone with swype and trusting the spellchecker.

It probably is just a trope, but replace Prometheus and Artemis (Greek myth names, like the Titans) with Deathstroke and Terra, older villain using a teenage girl as his mole, and it's the basic plot of the Judas Contract.

Teen Titans (the comics), Batman (the movies, cartoon and comics), and of course, Green Arrow (the comics) are the main sources Arrow draws from and have been since season 1.

I think she's disillusioned with Oliver and is going to try and take down Prommie on her own. The fight didn't have to happen if they were working together. It was just her and Prommie and the conductor. If they were working together then, then all she'd have to do is let the conductor be killed and make up a story for when Oliver arrived.

But playing Devil's Advocate with myself, that could be why she fared so well against Prommie in the fight. He was going easy on her for show.

But I'll stick with Artemis not trusting Oliver anymore and going solo. Her reactions to learning about his earlier 'life' as the Hood and basically murdering people seemed to be genuine affront.

Vigilante was the best part of this episode beside the tag at the end.

I hope they never show Prometheus' face.

Arrow keeps knocking it out of the park this season.

Interesting twist with Evelyn.. I wonder if she will 'turn good' - if not it could be an interesting way to bring Thea back into the team, similar builds, could have some good fights.

Evelyn Sharpe in that smokin' HOT Red Dress. HUBBA-HUBBA! :)
The Twist at the end. I hope its NOT a fake out.
But if it is, Think YOUNG JUSTICE season 2.

This was an awesome episode.

Great episode and Evelyn looked pretty Sharpe in that dress. Yowza! :ilv:

Too bad about that twist with her, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Another great episode. Vigilante straight up stole the show, he was just awesome. I'll give this one 8/10.

I gotta say, I had my doubts about this season, but it's been pretty damn good so far!

I thought Vigilante was bad ass. And as far as the plot for this season, it feels a lot more focused to me than the previous two did. Very reminiscent of the first two seasons.

I'm hoping they can keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing how all this comes together. Still no idea who Prometheus might be either.

Guys, it's The Judas Contract, firstly. (the name is a reference to a pretty famous betrayal story.)

To answer the question though. I think it really depends on a few things, and these are questions i'm now super interested to find out:

1) Was Evelyn working with Prometheus before being on team Arrow?

If so then the train fight was entirely staged. That being said, if he was working with Evelyn already, maybe he figured it would be an easy win.

2) Was she recruited? Possibly after the big "you were a murderer" reveal?

If she was a plant on the team, it could be considered a loose adaptation (very loose). Even though it's Prometheus instead of Slade, and Evelyn instead of Terra, and Team Arrow instead of the Titans, and superpowers aren't involved...

I think it's more likely it's just the standard "mole on the team" trope.

I just watched this epiaode last night and its one of the best of the season! I stopped watching Arrow after season 4 but after hearing all the rave reviews for season 5 I decided to give it a go and I love it so far. If it keeps up the pace it may be the best one yet.

Evelyn betrayal has me stymied so far. Was she the girl tief up that Promethus rescued? If so then she was a mole the entire time, so why the staged train fight? If it wasn't her then who was the girl he rescued?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"