Arrow Arrow Season 6 Episode 14: "Collision Course"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
Oliver (Stephen Amell), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) disagree with Dinah (Juliana Harkavy), Curtis (Echo Kellum) and Rene (Rick Gonzalez) on how to handle Black Siren (Katie Cassidy). The two teams face off and a fight ensues.

[YT]EX6T22BxFt0[/YT]

It was ok but it all felt very surface level.

When this whole rift started...I could see Dinah/Curtis' POV for being angry and wanting to talk but the writers have just crapped on this side of the storyline sooooo bad lol. Every episode has just gotten worse for being able to feel for NTA and I just can't take their self righteous attitudes anymore. You can't decide to go be a different team and then be pissed when the other team hacks you. You can't decide to track down that said team, hack one of their arms, be looking for a fight and then be pissed when one of yours gets injured! Meanwhile, Rene's daughter is probably at home, all alone watching tv wondering where her father is. I can't believe that they didn't even address that plot point!

My bad girl Siren, for once I was actually a little bit confused in places of if she was being genuine or not. Her negotiating with OTA was great though, I was loving the banter. I do think she does have moments where she really is willing to let up and play nice but then **** goes down and she is like "screw it, back to basics". Though her stealing that money made no sense timeline wise. I loved her line "I will not be caged again" and her finally playing the E1 Laurel card was smart. Though I have no idea how the team managed to lose her. She can barely run! Come on now.

They really need to find their own city to be vigilantes in. Then again they need to piggy back off of OTA's shoulders so they wouldn't last long.

It was ok but it all felt very surface level.

When this whole rift started...I could see Dinah/Curtis' POV for being angry and wanting to talk but the writers have just crapped on this side of the storyline sooooo bad lol. Every episode has just gotten worse for being able to feel for NTA and I just can't take their self righteous attitudes anymore. You can't decide to go be a different team and then be pissed when the other team hacks you. You can't decide to track down that said team, hack one of their arms, be looking for a fight and then be pissed when one of yours gets injured!

I agree. THEY Brought Oli's suspicion down on their heads (which seemed justified with dawg being a turncoat).. SO their anger in not being trusted was wrong.
THEN blaming OLI FOR injuring them WHEN THEY WERE the first ones to strike out with that hacking of Spartan's arm?! And that end scene where they completely told Felicity and Speedy "WE ARE done, period".. I am wondering if that also means Felicity and curtis's start up is done for?
AND IF SO< will that mean he does something TO that prototype chip put in Spartan's arm?

Though her stealing that money made no sense timeline wise. I loved her line "I will not be caged again" and her finally playing the E1 Laurel card was smart. Though I have no idea how the team managed to lose her. She can barely run! Come on now.

I do wonder, WHEN did she have the bloody time to go GET the money?

They really need to find their own city to be vigilantes in. Then again they need to piggy back off of OTA's shoulders so they wouldn't last long.

If they keep borking up as they've been doing, i certainly can't see them lasting on their own.. AND with how this ep went down, i can't EVER SEE oli letting them back in.

And what the heck was up with the newbies really trying to hurt OTA. Hacking Diggle's arm when you know it'll hurt him, Rene almost killing felicity and swinging an ax at Oliver's head, Dinah straight up assaulting Lance. Jeez.

I liked this ep somewhat because it didn't feel like a throwaway like a lot of the rest of them. But...

What happened to the indicted Ollie storyline? He seems to have no compunction about running around as GA anymore.

And what's the deal with Rene getting hurt and having to leave town? Is this a cost cutting move with the cast?

This episode really frustrated me with the attitude from the newbie team. They started the physical aspect of the confrontation. Plus seemed to give more of I am going to hurt you feel in the fight while Team Arrow seemed to be doing more of slowing them down so Siren can get away.

Yet newbie team was upset that team Arrow was physical. Through out this season,since the split, Renee seems to be more of an instigator. Giving attitude all the time. Seems like the whole Renee was the turncoat is being underplayed from a trust point of view by newbie team.

Which is a huge problem as Rene has now given up Oliver's identity as the Green Arrow twice! These guys keep on talking about trust? No one should trust this guy ever!

Last edited:
It’s a shame because I really liked Dinah. And I like Mr Terrific but this version sucks. Renee just needs to go. Period. He ruins the show. I’m really hoping this NTA thing doesn’t drag on much longer and that NTA is gone for good. (I could be ok with somehow salvaging Dinah but no one else.)

I would feel for Rene if he hadn't shot Felicity, blown up a car that Lance and Thea were near, and if he hadn't been swinging an axe at Oliver. That guy could have seriously injured or kill 4 people.

I hope Curtis gets his wish and they are done forever. Would not be a big loss if Curtis and Rene were gone forever. Dinah can pop up every now and then.

What happened to the indicted Ollie storyline? He seems to have no compunction about running around as GA anymore.

Maybe with all the King James stuff going on, the DA had other things to worry about??

Rene is just way to hot tempered and reactive to be a vigilante. Laurel didn't deserve to die so earlier into her career, Rene on the other hand is one of those horror stories. He's their Jason Todd, I could see him losing his way very easily.

Honestly one of the worst episodes of the series, can't stand either team with these character assassinations by the writers. Thea and Diggle are the only remotely likeable characters anymore.

The best parts were the ends, a bunch a teasing, only 4 minutes of pure action toward the end. Black Siren had the best scene when she made that confession, awaiting the redemption arc. Dinah, Rene and Curtis all need to go, there was never a need for them.

Rene is just way to hot tempered and reactive to be a vigilante. Laurel didn't deserve to die so earlier into her career, Rene on the other hand is one of those horror stories. He's their Jason Todd, I could see him losing his way very easily.

Which is a shame, IMO, because toward the end of S5 he was starting to mature. Sounds like he's spiraling downward to where he started (or worse), though, which is disappointing. From what I'm hearing, I wouldn't be opposed to Rene leaving for good and Dinah and Terrific returning to Team Arrow. I mean, Rene has the same skillset as Diggle anyway, so he's sort of redundant. And if it so happened that Dinah left too, they might be doing that with the intention of Black Siren joining Team Arrow (but that's doubtful and TBH I'd prefer they didn't go that route; redeem her, sure, but don't put her with TA).

What's that ending about? What is Laurel talking about having been kidnapped 2 years ago to that van driver? And why does she seem confused? What's that all supposed to mean?

She's pretending to be E1 Laurel Lance. It's the only thing keeping her safe right now.

Which is a shame, IMO, because toward the end of S5 he was starting to mature. Sounds like he's spiraling downward to where he started (or worse), though, which is disappointing. From what I'm hearing, I wouldn't be opposed to Rene leaving for good and Dinah and Terrific returning to Team Arrow. I mean, Rene has the same skillset as Diggle anyway, so he's sort of redundant. And if it so happened that Dinah left too, they might be doing that with the intention of Black Siren joining Team Arrow (but that's doubtful and TBH I'd prefer they didn't go that route; redeem her, sure, but don't put her with TA).

Yeah, he was willing to injure anyone from the other team that got in his way. Taking an ax to Oliver lol. T

And if it so happened that Dinah left too, they might be doing that with the intention of Black Siren joining Team Arrow (but that's doubtful and TBH I'd prefer they didn't go that route; redeem her, sure, but don't put her with TA).

I'd hate that too.. Just let her die off heroicly, to redeem her character.

I'd hate that too.. Just let her die off heroicly, to redeem her character.

Heck no, that'd be worse. How many times will they kill Laurel off to bring her back? No thanks. Have Siren alive but not on TA.

But if they kill her off, to redeem the black canary angle. WHY would they have to 'bring her back' yet again?

I liked the episode. I didn't watch most of last season so I really couldn't care much about the new team going at Team Arrow, as TA was superior the whole time.

I really liked the way BS's storie is going. Oliver seemed very level-headed (a bit too much IMO, as the NTA were really stupid all the time and he had way too much patience with them). The "hacking contest" between Felicity and Curtis was funny to me and the action seemed solid.

Interesting episode, when you consider all that was built, and all that is being lost between the teams, if makes you wonder just how (if ever) the likes of Curtis, Dinah & Renee are ever going to re-join Ollie & Diggle. How exactly do you come back to Team Arrow after this sort of fallout?

I could probably do without the Laurel Redemption arc too; the showrunners chose to kill Laurel Lance off, but wait, there's another one. Why?

Interesting episode, when you consider all that was built, and all that is being lost between the teams, if makes you wonder just how (if ever) the likes of Curtis, Dinah & Renee are ever going to re-join Ollie & Diggle. How exactly do you come back to Team Arrow after this sort of fallout?

IMO they are not (NOR should) they be able to rejoin.

IMO they are not (NOR should) they be able to rejoin.
With the exception of Curtis (who, as a vigilante, never quite seemed to work), I would think you're right. I can see them retiring Renee, though I'm not sure what they're going to do with Dinah. It certainly seems as though these two teams well and truly hate each other now though. Not too sure how long they can focus on the two-team angle of the show, and further, moving into S7, how they're going to expand on Team Arrow; I can't for one minute imagine they're only going to have Ollie & Diggle in the team. I know Thea is expected to suit up again soon, though I could personally do without her long-term.

Shame that Vince is well and truly dead; he could have been the anchor that sets everything straight - seeing the perspectives of both teams somewhat.

Onyx, Kitana or the Crimson Avenger (from Outsiders?), maybe Stripe? Would be good if they could get Ragman back in on the action, but I'm not sure which (of the two) teams he'd be more likely to relate; probably Curtis & Renee come to think of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"