Arrow Arrow Season 6 Episode 5- "Deathstroke Returns"

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9

ARROW

"Deathstroke Returns" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

Slade (Manu Bennett) returns and asks Oliver (Stephen Amell) for help in tracking down his son. When they learn Joe (guest star William Franklyn-Miller) has been taken hostage by mercenaries, their mission to save him gets complicated by a terrible revelation that could shatter Slade's hopes of reunion forever. Meanwhile, Vigilante reappears in Star City. Joel Novoa directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Spiro Skentzos (#605). Original airdate 11/9/2017.

Read more: Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20171018cw08/#ixzz4vy1KkdP4

Seeing this federal agent look so deep into Oliver's associates has me wondering...where's Quinn? Or when's the last time we've seen Quinn, anyway? I forget if he was in last week's episode.

And we know who Vigilante is, and I wasn't expecting that character.

Really enjoying the Slade flashbacks and obviously Joe isn't dead!

Why does Slade need a babysitter? This is nothing like how I thought this episode would play out lol.

I don't mind Dinah getting some backstory, but having Vigilante unmasked and seeing his ability kind of takes a lot of the mystery away from him.

Badass action sequence! Although, it could have used a little less slow-motion.

This episode was pretty boring. Literally both storylines were seen from a mile away and neither really interested me that much.

I've come to be able to like Dinah but the storyline was predictable on all fronts. I am glad they treat her with more respect then they ever showed Laurel but they just keep going down the same rabbit hole. Someone returns from the dead (but Laurel must stay dead) that someone from TA knows and then they keep it a secret while being pissed that someone else on the team is keeping a secret and it leads to bad consequences.

Slades storyline, while i know they were trying to expand on the character just didn't grab me.

Episode was alright, but I was hoping it would be the best episode so far! Oh, well!

The focus was on both Deathstroke and Black Canary with the return of Vigilante and Slade's son. If both storylines' revelations can be seen a mile away, then the writers didn't think this through hard enough. Obvious equals boring despite some great action sequences.

Awesome episode, love that Deathstroke sequence with the sword and Uzi!

Was anyone surprised on the Vigilante reveal? I kind of knew it when going back to watch the older episodes and eventually figured it out.

Ironically, the fact that they recast Vigilante('s true identity) from his first and only previous appearance reminds me of them doing the same with Sara Lance. Ironic because of his connection to Black Canary, that is.

Connecting Vigilante to her didn't really make sense. Is Star City the only place that has corrupt leaders? Or did he leave his city because he saw his lover exacting revenge already?

Well, this was half of a good episode. The Slade plot was good solid drama. Sure, the beats were fairly predictable, but it wasn't about shock and surprise. It was about two actors acting at each other. In this case, I'd say the "predictability" aids it. . . because my prediction is that its going to end in *epic tragedy*. Joe Wilson is almost certainly going to die, and very likely at Slade's own hand. And I can't wait to see how it plays out.

The other plot, meanwhile. . . the reveal of the Vigilante was lazy and unimpressive. It makes Dinah look horrible, since she outright lets her evil ex go despite the mass murder and collateral damage. And its largely in service of the FBI subplot, which was dumb to begin with and still is. Can we go back to Kaznia, please?

I forgot all about Vigilante.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"