Arrow Season 6 Episode 8- "Crisis on Earth X, Part 2

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by Pennywise, Nov 15, 2017.

?

What would you rate the episode?

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. herolee10 No More Miracles

Eh, if that's how they want to see it sure...but I feel like it really (albeit unintentionally) taints
    both ships.

From now on, when you think of one pairing's wedding you'll also have to think about the other pair as well. There's nothing special, sacred, or unique about them anymore as a pair since they've essentially shared their vows with another couple.

The whole thing just comes off as very dirt and in poor taste for me.

2. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

If that waitress is either Dawn Allen or XS, I wonder if eventually they will reveal that Iris is from the 31st Century.

3. NotNickFury Registered

She did just get out of a coma on the very last episode of Arrow and isn't even on her feet yet. If anything, since she's in a wheelchair now and just recovered, there's not much, if anything, she'd be doing.

4. javonstokess Registered

I thought I was the only one who noticed Sara actually holding her own versus a Kryptonian.

5. javonstokess Registered

I haven't watched Arrow in almost 3 seasons and kinda quit on both Supergirl and LoT last season. I'm still hanging on the Flash mostly cause I'm a fan of the character and my crush on Iris (don't judge me).

All that being said, I'm enjoying this crossover event. There is some wonky stuff (so everyone knows Barry and Wally are Flash and Kid Flash now, right?), but it's enjoyable and entertaining.

Though, the Olicity stuff just reminds me why I stopped watching Arrow in the first place.

6. famicommander Registered

The Legends acquired a device this season that allows them to wipe memories. If you didn't catch it, Heat Wave told everyone he used it to protect their secret identities from the non-hero wedding guests.

7. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

And he was like "They're safe." :loco:

What I've noticed with this current season of Arrow is that they really like doing/faking the whole "one take" type of action scenes. Though it seems to usually be done with a handheld camera. This episode was different with plenty of wide shots. And explosions/flames coming out of nowhere.

8. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

That was an odd scene for me too. I know they want White Canary as the awesome ninja. But that would be like me fighting a grasshopper. :loco:

9. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I like James Bamford but I wouldn't have chosen him to direct any of the crossover. I really wish they just had 1 director.

10. X-Ray Ippiki-ookami

Laughed at White Canary holding her own against Overgirl. How the hell is White Canary not flying across the room from a blow from Overgirl? lol

11. Deltron3030 Registered

Gave it a 7 so far. Honestly if not for Stephen Amell i probably would give it a 3. Too much stupid drama. My GF was listening to me watch it on iPad and totally thought it was a soap opera. Said she only heard crazy white girls complain and this is when Iris was talking haha.

Whenever arrow gets cancelled all these shows will soon follow. While this is probably my second least favored season so far, the arrow character is holding everything together. This is why last season was so awesome. It was mostly focused on him.

12. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I thought it was ridiculous that E-X Arrow was able to beat 5 people with such ease. Killer Frost and Dinah should've been able to give him a run for his money.

13. kguillou Registered

I dunno about you guys but Im enjoying the Hell out of this so far. Yes, they lean heavily on the romance drama but it is what it is at this point. This is what Berlanti does. The character interactions make it fun, the bad guys are actually compelling this time and the ACTION. WOW. Holy crap, have they amped up the action. I gotta give major props because I was wowed with some of these set pieces so far, especially in part 2 (of course grading on a network tv scale). You can tell they really put time into this. I only keep up with Arrow but this makes me curious to check out the other shows now.

Kind of also makes me wonder what could happen if they gave these guys a, lets say, $80 million dollar budget, what they could do with a feature film.

#63 kguillou, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  14. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I enjoyed the whole crossover....it was fun.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I thought she did as well. At least his bow should have shattered. How was he still able to fire it? It would've been funny with an armless Oliver. I don't see why Frost couldn't have destroyed him arm.

And I didn't like how Iris and Felicity look set up to save the day. Just give those two their own show and dump them there. It would be like the equivalent of that Earth X prison camp.

16. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I liked how they set it up to make it seem like Iris and Felicity were going to save the day and got everyone who doesn't like them pulling out their hair.
    And then it is Ray Palmer aka Atom and the rest of the Legends who swoop in and save the day.

17. britmotley Registered

I just do not understand the point of Mr Terrific - he is the furthest thing from"terrific" you could imagine. The character needs to be axed

18. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I was hoping for Alex and Sara to fight Overgirl together like they did Prometheus.

19. flickchick85 Mod of Might

One random thing I noticed that bugs the hell outta me is Arrow directors always seem to make Supergirl do her stupid "hero pose" every other scene. They went overboard on it in the Arrow installment last year and they did it again this episode. Bamford even had her doing it in the middle of a battle scene here, which made it look extra dumb. That pose does NOT work for Kara in serious situations. It's more for when she's feeling at ease/light-hearted. The Flash and Supergirl directors seem to get that (NOW, anyway - there were times early on in Supergirl's run that they didn't). The Arrow directors, not so much. I swear she made that pose in every sequence she was in this ep. The shirt rip they did with her was awful too, imo. It was like she was doing it JUST for the camera, lol.

20. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I feel the Arrow directors made her look dumb on purpose. However I enjoyed the trinity moments between Oliver, Barry, and Kara when they saved the workers and the building.

When Flash saves the workers, I think of Superman doing that. When Green Arrow uses the line to stabilize the building, it's what Batman would do. When Supergirl stops one of the metals from falling, that's Wonder Woman right there.

Another random thing that someone brought up was that Overgirl should not be struggling against White Canary. Should have taken one powerful backfist against Sara.

21. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I like Mr. Terrific. He is cute and funny. He's actually one of my favorite characters. I'd dump Wild Dog before I'd get rid of Mr. Terrific because the T-Spheres are a lot more versatile than just a guy with a gun.

22. Joined:
    Nov 20, 2009
    I still don't know how Oliver has [blackout]the Kryptonite Arrow?[/blackout]

Please explain.

23. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

It wasn't explained at all and they shouldn't know about it.

But it shows me that there is still some distrust between Kara and Oliver.

24. kguillou Registered

Can we all agree that Blake Neely is currently the best composer working in the superhero business, period? His scores are so consistently awesome and I love the way he blends the themes from each show. Why cant the freaking MOVIE scores be this good? They should've hired him for Justice League, he would've nailed it.

25. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

Ratings for crossover and total viewers:

Supergirl -- 0.9__ 2.65 million
    Arrow ---- 0.9__ 2.54 million
    Flash ----- 0.9__ 2.74 million
    Legends -- 0.9__ 2.76 million