Arrow Season 7 Premiere: Inmate 4587

Discussion in 'Arrow' started by NotNickFury, Oct 15, 2018.

1. NotNickFury Registered

Tonight:

Brutikus likes this.
  2. Pennywise Registered

Great opening fight and Oliver/Diggle reunion!

Brutikus likes this.
  3. NotNickFury Registered

I'm glad that Bronze Tiger is here. Given how the tie-in comic had killed him off, it's nice to see that the show is just ignoring that so we can get more Michael Jai White.

4. Pennywise Registered

Pretty good so far!

5. Pennywise Registered

:wow::wow: Those fights!

6. NotNickFury Registered

Oliver put up a better fight in a prison shower than Edward Norton did in American History X.

7. Pennywise Registered

8. Jesse Old Curmudgeon

Season 7 episode 1 "Inmate 4587"

The return of some fan favorite villains and a decent action sequence to start off the premiere. The addition of a mysterious new Green Arrow while Ollie sits in jail I thought was an interesting despite technically we've seen it before a couple times. I wasn't expecting the reveal during the island scenes looking forward to more.

Brutikus likes this.
  9. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Are they going to be doing flash forwards now?

10. NotNickFury Registered

Strong start for the season. Reminded me not just of Season 1 and 2's tone, but of Season 5 with it's going 'Back to basics' vibe, which was pretty much them going back to the tone of the first two seasons.

And Black Siren seems to have adjusted well to civilian life.

WhoMani and Pennywise like this.
  11. Pennywise Registered

Beth Schwartz said they wouldn’t be in every episode, but there will be a lot of flash forwards throughout the season, and til the end of the series.

#11 Pennywise, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  12. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

mmm, not that exciting of a premiere. They put to much Dinah/Rene in there when it should've been given to other scenes like seeing Argus save Felicity from Diaz.

The prison scenes were enjoyable.

Roy is now Green Arrow....again.....and on Lian Yu....just like Oliver....with grown up William. Not sure why we are jumping so far into the future, it has to be what? 5 years at least? Unless we are going to get some time travel shenanigans going on. But it is funny that we get both future versions of Barry/Olivers kids.

I can't believe (well I can since no matter who runs the show, this is still Arrow and its still a Laurel) that Laurels only scene was the same scene we've seen in promos. Nothing more.

But yeah....thats all I got to say because it didnt really leave me yearning for anything.

I figured out it was William pretty fast so it was a nice surprise to be validated but idk if it is something that will excite me throughout the season since I think they'll probably have whatshername play Olicitys daughter and just having more of them isnt going to excite me.

13. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

I guess this may be the SuperMax version of Arrow.

I wonder if the future flash forward is connected to the one from Legends of Tomorrow of 2046 where William may be Green Arrow before Diggle's son Connor Hawke.

14. WhoMani Registered

This was a pretty good opener and the prison scenes were great. Fight sequences in the shower scene were awesome and I'm glad that Oliver in the end decided not to be passive anymore but to fight back... I wonder if he will be the number one guy in prison in the next episode and that inmates like Bronze tiger or Brick might fear him.

The ending actually surprised me. I'm sure what to make of this Flash Forwards and what the purpose of it. The new Green Arrow could be a William from the future but the problem I have with it is that it would similar to Nora from the Flash... but it's probably Roy.

15. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Actually, Roy (whilst on Lian Yu) wasn't the Green Arrow. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, he was wearing red. Why anyone would need to suit up on a deserted island though is beyond me. :p

I'm genuinely curious as to whether the current Green Arrow is indeed Roy, or future William. I'd rather they leave time travel out of Arrow, because that's very much a Flash thing, but at the same time, I can't help but wonder what the point of the flash forwards with William will be about if not for his training to return to the past and save the city whilst his Dad is incarcerated.

I was under the impression though that Colton was only to be a guest star this season, and I know Ollie is coming back soon, it would seem odd to have Roy back only until Ollie regains his hoodship. It's kinda' a shame they couldn't actually use future Connor Hawke for this.

I also agree with notion that Diaz is a very one dimensional villain, and I hope there's more trouble for Ollie this season that Diaz, cause he's not strong enough to carry the bad guy role by himself.

16. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

She's a quick study apparently; I wish I could study law and order (etc) in five months.

17. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Colton is a series regular. I really hope they dont use Laurel like they did last year. She's has a lot of interesting stories to explore this year.

18. Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

That was a very solid premiere.

With all the red in the background, they are heavily hinting that Roy is the new Green Arrow

19. shabadoo25 Registered

I liked this ep but Argus has to save Felicity and I presume let Diaz get away and it's not shown? Huh?

20. Pennywise Registered

Yeah, that bothered me too!

21. Thome216 Registered

Same here! They rescued Fel, but somehow let the bad guy get away. I liked this ep. I may be back to watching the Arrow as I haven't for some time. I really hope Black Siren has more air time than just news conferences. Also nice seeing Oliver wipe his hand across the 'calendar' on the wall and start fighting back.

As to the flash-forwards, which is a nice alt to the flashbacks they use to do too much of, I hope it is Roy under the hood. Though why he would not say hello to his friends when he got back in town is a little odd. And those were some great fight scenes!

22. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

It's either gotta' be Roy or (a grown up) William, though in the case of the latter, that would be copying Flash far too much for my liking. Roy seems the obvious candidate, and it wouldn't surprise me if Ollie knows/knew this. Where's Roy supposed to get the green outfit for starters? Presumably that would all have been in lockup?

As to why he's keeping himself alienated? Probably because he's doing what needs to be done, whilst at the same time keeping the former team out of the business, for if they're found to be involved, they'd be put behind bars too.

23. Ragna-Rocket Registered

Just a thought - now we've seen the Elseworlds poster where Barry is the Green Arrow, anyone think they're building the crossover now and it's Elseworld Barry under the Hood?

24. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

I don't know specifically which poster you've seen, but the ones I've seen clearly show Gustin wearing the Green Arrow hood, with Stephen wearing the Red Cowl.

25. Ragna-Rocket Registered

That is the poster I am referring to. Which is why i'm wondering if this new Green Arrow is Elseworld Barry.