Art of Mee

Much appreciated.

Bump! Contest entry for this month...SNAKES ON A BAT-PLANE!!

snakes2.jpg

when shading, the most important thing is to know where your light source is. depending on where its coming from, different features will cast different shadows.

Mee said:
Been a while since I had my own thread here. I've actually had some training since then though, hopefully it shows.
b0b49ce3.jpg
[/IMG]

Mee said:
Everyone's favorite Frenchman...
a45d6c9e.jpg
[/IMG]
Mee!!! Your sketches are AWESOME!!! Especially these two fellas. :up: :up: *swoons*

Kaboom said:
when shading, the most important thing is to know where your light source is. depending on where its coming from, different features will cast different shadows.
Actually, that's one of my biggest problems right now. I sort of get where the shading should be, but how it fits different parts of the body, the form of the shadows, I'm still working on that kind of stuff. Haven't gotten into much of that yet in art class.

And thanks ghost.:up:

DBella said:
Mee!!! Your sketches are AWESOME!!! Especially these two fellas. :up: :up: *swoons*
Aw, thanks Bella.:up:

Mee said:
Aw, thanks Bella.:up:
You're so good at drawing facial features... eg. GL. :up:
That is one area that I am weak at.

Mee said:
Hand's gettin better, managed to crank out a new one today.

Batman.jpg
Getting better indeed that hand of yours and it shows. :) :up:

Many thanks.:)

Mee do you draw this stuff free hand? The Wolvy pose is excellent :up: But your Batman up there is missing an ear :p :up:

mee, how old are you? i think you should start trying to develop your own style, you seem to have a good command of the human form, but it looks generic. (not trying to be mean)

It is all free hand, (well, rulers for some lines) and yeah I guess he is missing an ear, heh.

15, I am slowly developing a style, (at least I'd like to think so:woot: ) I realize it is somewhat generic, but I'm starting to try things my own way.

youre good for 15. start experimenting and dont be afraid to mess up. right around your age i started changing how i did things, i like to refer to my style as a mix between charest and ramos. but you gotta do what you like. keep at it!

My style's like a melting pot. Jim Lee, Dell' Otto, Cassaday, Ross, Timm, you may not see it, but it's there. But I'm trying to mold it into my own, no one likes a copycat.

Shameless bump.

You're 15 huh. I'm even more impressed by your style now. I had you pegged for a much older dude. Keep drawing man, and keep up the good work.

As for the comments of your style looking generic. I would only suggest looking at different drawing guides. It might help in developing more volume and depth to your characters.

I am looking to get more books. I heard Drawing the Marvel Way is a good one, and Dynamic Figure Drawing (I think that's the title) is tops on my "to buy" list.

Mee said:
Been a while since I had my own thread here. I've actually had some training since then though, hopefully it shows.
b0b49ce3.jpg
[/IMG]
batman's head too big and his shoulders not wide enough
use a program like poser
pour some light on and learn a thing or two about shading.

The Question said:
Not too happy with the shading on that one, but glad you like it.:up:

Diamondhead said:
batman's head too big and his shoulders not wide enough
use a program like poser
pour some light on and learn a thing or two about shading.

Hmm, the head may be a little big I guess. (or shoulders should be wider, either way) I'm still very new to shading, I'll work on it. How would Poser help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"