Asgard

Marz69

Sidekick
Reaction score
ASGARD

alnb6f.gif

2zhnzmu.jpg

How would you like Asgard and it’s universe to look? How will Asgard be incorporated into the Avengers? Will Stark, Nick or any of the others make a cameo in Thor in Asgard? Etc….

I’m hoping to be blown away.

I want a little Middle Earth with a dash of Kirby tech and no to any non Asgardians in Asgard at least not yet.

Loved the look of Asgard in the Hulk vs Thor feature as well. Hope the Production Designers are taking full notes. Hire Richard Taylor, Grant Major and Weta if need be.

^^^Definately.

I've posted this before but I'd also like for the production designers to have at least looked at this when considering Asgards look:-

Valhalla.jpg

There's a certain magical quality to this piece that that gives it a certain aura which almost suggests that godly beings actually are beyond those walls...........

^

That. Is. Fantastic. :wow:

Are you taking notes, Kenneth? :oldrazz:

And I don't think non-asgardians should visit the place... yet.

Loved the look of Asgard in the Hulk vs Thor feature as well.
Me too.
^^^Definately.

I've posted this before but I'd also like for the production designers to have at least looked at this when considering Asgards look:-

Valhalla.jpg

There's a certain magical quality to this piece that that gives it a certain aura which almost suggests that godly beings actually are beyond those walls...........
It does have a very heavenly vibe. Exquisite.

Hopefully we get these type of arial or panoramic shots. I really want Thor to stand out.

Yeah, Imagine that kind of panoramic shot but with Thor at the foot of the Rainbow Bridge. Despite bing a god and the lead character, he's still be a speck in comparison to the grandness of Asgard:-

Valhalla2.jpg

I've posted these pics before too - but I definately would like to see cinematoghaphical shots like these in the movie also:-

kyle_asgard_sized.jpg

asgard.jpg

1757369-Mount-Asgard-0.jpg

I think these kinda locations would be an excellent contrast to the modern, urban world that we're used to seeing in Marvel movies.

Those last 3 pics look perfect for Jotunheim. :up:

Personally, I want the practicality of Coipel's current Asgard with a lot more gold and richness to it, like Kirby's. I'd love to see more real Norse influences on the buildings than we've seen in either of those two versions, though.

Hopefully not that LotR-ish...last thing we need is people asking where have all the hobbits gone

Yeah, LotR has its own visual style. I want something more distinctive than just a rehash of that for Thor.

Like I said earlier LOTR with some Kirby influence.

I'd like them to just forget about Lord of the Rings, myself. Go back to actual ancient Norse architectural styles and jazz them up with gilding and some Kirby-esque touches. Norse architecture actually looked really cool and would provide a nice alternative to the standard medieval fantasy look.

I'd love to see some ancient Norse architecture, cuz I have no idea what that would look like so I'd learn something new lol

Yeah, its gotta be distinctly different from LOTR. And does it have to have a Rainbow Bridge? It's pretty fem...

In a movie about a massive guy with a hammer crushing troll skull, I think there's room for a rainbow bridge without the movie appearing to be lacking in machismo.

Yes there must be a rainbow bridge and Heimdall must stand guard over it!

Asgard should look as much like Kirby's Asgard as possible!

Yeah, definitely gotta have the rainbow bridge. Just call it Bifrost if the word "rainbow" is too girly. It doesn't really have to be a paper-thin rainbow like in the comics, either. Make it a shimmering bridge of light with the rainbow colors all glowy and shiny and stuff. There are visually appealing ways to do it.

Absolutely.

So, to go with the pic of Asgard posted before:-

Valhalla2.jpg

I'd like the designers to look to the Northern Lights for inspiration as well, not only for Bifrost but also the surrounding backdrop to Asgard - sort of giving it that whole 'mystical' vibe.-

asgard-1.jpg

northernlights_Full.jpg

NorthernLights.jpg

NorthernLights-1.jpg

448670730_6fdbff73b2.jpg

Actually, for some reason, I'm now thinking of the visual style of Excalibur (1981) as being a something to look at.............

Yes Excalibur! That cinematography would go well with giving Asgard a mystical vibe.

I like that Brian Braddock. I want the rainbow bridge, the Kirby touch, the craziness of it all. Everything.

The rainbow bridge is an absolute must. I am less adamant on the look of Asgard itself.

Loved the look of Asgard in the Hulk vs Thor feature as well. Hope the Production Designers are taking full notes. Hire Richard Taylor, Grant Major and Weta if need be.

I enjoyed the way it was portrayed there, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"